April 18, 2014 | 1926 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 10:40:00 AM More reviews by Natalya1998

I love this palette so much, the only one I ever use! Can't wait to try naked 2 and 3!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2013 9:13:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

This palette was my very first UD purchase so it has a special spot in my heart. For reference I'm a NC45 in skintone. I reach for this when I'm wanting a nice bronzy or smokey eye. The colors are easy to blend and does not fade on me over the course of the day. As my primer I use MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study and I encounter zero creasing over 10 hours of wear. I haven't come to close to hitting pan just yet as I've bouncing between this one and the Lorac Pro palette. Its a worthy buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by ChEyEnNeAnNeTtE

This was my first eyeshadow palette of any kind, and with it being UD, it had to be good. It's far exceeded my expectations and I find myself going back to it no matter how many other palettes I buy. It's probably my HG palette, if one of those can exist. It's so pigmented and the shades are so diverse almost any look can be achieved. Sure, it's pricey, but it comes out to be about $4/eyeshadow and that's in the drugstore range. I can't say enough good things about it. The only con I have is that the packaging is a bit... delicate. It's strong and durable in its construction, but the gold foil lettering is wearing off just from daily use and it's like a magnet for any kind of lint or fur and that doesn't look too pretty on the brown velvet. That's cosmetic (no pun intended) but nothing can be PERFECT. If that's the only issue I have with it, I'd say it's a pretty great palette. If you don't have it, BUY IT. Now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't know how I was ever happy without this palette. I realize 3 others have come out since this one but I don't care, the first one in my opinion is the best and oh so beautiful!
-the texture of Urban Decay shadows are the best in my opinion, as well as MAC's. They're smooth and velvety, NEVER chalky or powdery. No fallout as long as you tap your brush.
-the colors are beautiful especially if you have a warm skin tone. I'm tan with a yellow or olive skintone and these shades look incredible on the skin! If you're cooler you'd probably like the Naked 2.
-the colors are mostly bronze, browns and cream colors. A few darker colors for a smoky eye but most are very natural every day shades.
-the price is expensive. 52 dollars but I would say its worth every penny. I use it every single day and I haven't purchased another eyeshadow since I got the naked palette. Everything I need is in it!
-nice velvet packaging, with a magnetic closure. HUGE mirror which I was very pleased with. Also came with a double sided eyeliner.

THE SHADOWS:
-Virgin: sheer, midtone highlight shade. Not too pink, not too yellow. Right in the middle. I'd call it a shimmery pearl.
-Sin: shimmer highlight as well. More on the pink side.
-Naked: just as the name suggests. A very natural mid tone brown. More of a light brown than a dark brown. Perfect transition color or to blend out any other shadows. Matte and not chalky at all.
-Sidecar: a shimmery taupe brown. I like to pair this one with Virgin. They go great together.
-Buck: a very warm matte brown. More yellow undertones than Naked.
-Half Baked: a very vibrant, shimmer gold color.
-Darkhorse: shimmery brown with gold shimmer
-Toasted: my favorite color in the palette. It's similar to All that Glitters from MAC but it's got way more depth and intensity. Almost looks multi dimensional. It has some taupe, some red, some gold, some purple. Very interesting color.
-Hustle: dark chocolate shimmer brown with some red shimmer in it.
-Creep: purple-ish black color with silver glitter. You may get some fallout with this one. Be careful!
-Gunmental: name says it all. Very intense gunmental silver color. Has a little bit of a blue tint to it as well. So pretty!

All in all I say it's worth the money for sure. You will use all of the colors and some of my favorite eyeshadows of all time come from this palette. You get your moneys worth. 12 good quality eyeshadows can never be a bad thing!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Kica

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

So yeah, I'm VERY late getting Naked. After having wasted money on dupes I finally just went ahead and bought the real thing. It has changed my eyeshadow life I tell ya. There is not a color in here that doesn't look good on my 52yr old NW45 self! They apply, blend, are true to color on my eyes and wear beautifully with a primer. I've used them every single day and am beyond pleased. The color Buck is the perfect shade for both a base and when I just want a wash of color. Sidecar and Darkhorse....It's just true love, I could go on and on. Ok, I'm gushing now. So I'll just end by saying that is one of my top 3 best beauty purchases this year.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by karenthebear

This was my first palette ever, and it was the best $50 I've spent in my life. The eyeshadows are creamy and the color payoff is magnificent. It's so versatile. You can do anything from a natural no makeup look to a party glam look to a smokey eye. It's gorgeous. In my option this is the only naked palette that you'll ever need! Nothing against the others because I own them as well, but my go to palette is the Naked. The colors are browns and golds. And it also has a really pretty gunmetal color. My favorite shade is probably sidecar, which is like a muted gold gray color. It doesn't have shimmer but it looks more like crushed up gold. I really really like this palette and I hope they never discontinue it. Ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 4:22:00 PM More reviews by ThetRuth710

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I love this, I can get almost every look I want with this palette. The colors are so smooth and pigmented. The only thing I don't like is the packaging. I've had mine for about a year and its looks so rough. The eye shadow stained the rim the velvet exterior is darkened at the corners. The eye shadow itself is wonderful. Packaging not so much.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by thecolormargaret

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have had this palatte for about maybe 18+ months. I have used the hell out of it. My velvet case is tattered. Coloration is splendid, I like the variety. It has a great matte lid shade to begin. Very versatile and easy to travel with. Overall, I think this is the only naked palette you should buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2013 8:39:00 AM More reviews by stephstower1

Love this! Check out the tutorials on YouTube!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2013 8:46:00 AM More reviews by l0laxc0la

I bought this palette because I bought into the hype a long time ago and decided I needed it. Now, as a cool-toned and fair-skinned person, I realize that Naked 1 may not have been the best palette for me ever, but I still love it because the shadows are such high quality and there is such a wide range of shades. This palette suits everyone from the makeup beginner to the artist/expert, from fair to dark skin tones. And I think that is the cause for its awesome reviews and popularity. Sure some shades have some fallout (sidecar) but most are smooth and long-lasting. I use this palette pretty much every day!! ALthough some of the more bronzey shades go unused because they clash with my skin tone. I really like it overall; if you are warm you will LOVE it though.