September 1, 2014 | 2001 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - Visible Lift Serum Absolute Advanced Age-Reversing Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2012 6:38:00 AM More reviews by SavageWhisky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using this foundation on and off for about 3 years and I figured this time around itís time to write a review.
My skin: is highly acne prone in the last 3 years only. Itís combo dry (from retin-A use) and oily.
Iíve kept the same bottle of this stuff in natural buff for three years and each time I seemed to break out terribly soon after. I blamed the foundation and each time very nearly threw out the full bottle. But I couldnít bring myself to do it. Why, you ask? Because this is the best looking foundation I have ever used! It floats on my skin, hiding all imperfections, and leaves it looking matte but still glowing. LOVE.
This time around Iíve just started to really get my skin out of its break-out cycle (fingers crossed) and my skin has become so dry since using retin that I needed to find an alternative to the Neutrogena skin-clearing foundation that was my default for 3 years. It doesnít look good, but I believed I could put it on top of broken out skin without causing more lesionsóthat stuff always dries my skin more.
So, at the beginning of this week, not wanting to undo all of the moisturizing work that La Roche Posay (ultra at night) and Physiogel (morning)had done, I reached for this Líoreal again. Yes beautiful looking as I remembered. This time though, four days in, no new blemishes! It doesnít seem to be breaking me out and Iím thinking that previous break outs may just have coincidentally coincided with usage in the past. My skin actually looks better since using this (could be continued healing, of course). I really hope the positive results hold because this could be my HG foundation and I donít think Iíve ever called anything HG. I will update if anything changes.

2 knocks against this: #1 the bottle. Something went wrong with the pump and I wanted to get at the rest of the foundation since I knew it was almost full, but the top is impossible to get off without popping it halfway across the room and getting makeup everywhere! #2 putting it over my nasolabial (smile) line area in a large quantity looks bad. I don't really have lines there yet, but if I put on moisturizer and a lot of this foundation it seems to cake up there after I smile leaving a white-ish line of makeup on top. This is easily solved by just taking it easy with the foundation around my mouth. Even with the two small problems this is still worth it--I've already purchased another bottle.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2012 12:40:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

visibe lift serum foundation is a great foundation! It stays on all day,the application goes super smoothly!it covers verry well,living a nice flawless finish! I got this foundation in sun beige and natural beige,for my neutral-olive skin tone! It's a dewy finish.the serum helps the skin,wich is a plus! Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2012 2:12:00 AM More reviews by strawberrylinz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this foundation for 2 reasons: It blends suuuper easily and looks very natural. And it doesn't settle into my pores which is really important to me. I set it with translucent powder, and for the most part it does last all day. The only reason I didn't give it 5 lippies is because my t-zone seems to get shiny faster with this foundation than with others I've tried. However, blotting papers do help with that so it's not a huge deal. Overall I think I will repurchase :)

EDIT: I stopped using because my skin was getting realllly shiny. I switched to Pond's BB cream and I really like it so far.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by nabila714

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

SHADE SELECTION: I couldn't get a proper shade match. I got natural beige. I needed something a bit more yellow. The next shade up was sand beige which was very pink and the next one up from that was sun beige which was yellow but too dark. I usually find my shade in drugstore foundation so i would say the shade selection isn't the best.

PACKAGING: the best thing about this foundation is the packaging. it has a pump!! the bottle is a little bulky but who cares bc it has a pump!

Pros:
-packaging
-smooth texture
-almost full coverage w/ one coat

Cons:
-price
-shade selection
-NOT good for dry skin!
-smells like paint

The main reason i'm returning this foundation is bc it makes the slightest dry patch on my skin very visible. The foundation goes over it slightly cakey. My skin around my mouth/chin isn't as smooth as the rest of my face bc of acne in the past, and this foundation makes all the lines visible. I don't know how this would be for mature skin if it's settling into lines for me at 20 yrs old.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This has a nice silky texture, blends incredibly well and doesn't settle into lines or wrinkles. This lasts all day and my t zone doesn't end up shiny on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2012 3:43:00 PM More reviews by lauraleiwhit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product #144, daily for about 3 weeks now. Previous foundations: Revlon Colorstay Combo/Oily #180/200, Revlon Age Defying with Botafrim(04 Nude Beige?), Cover Girl TruBlend (415 Nat. Ivory).
This is a sheer and buildable to FULL coverage foundation.

I was looking for something less like spackle dry face from my colorstay.

I use a total of 3.5 pumps for the coverage I need. I have very fair skin with very dark hyperpigmentation. This gives me FULL coverage, and I can add more for my under eye circles without it getting cakey or creasing. I have tried it with moisturizer and primer, just primer and it seems to work best when I use it alone. It has a slip to it that feels like it has a built in primer.

Additionally with my oily nose, using moisturizer and primer over this particular foundation makes the makeup last less time. For my oily spots Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil is necessary. But I don't like the finish as well with powder. It becomes very matte.

As everyone else has said I agree that it doesn't last as long as Colorstay. But to be more specific, oily spots can fade quickly if you do not use a translucent powder to set it. Other parts stay all day with a natural to luminous finish. Too much touching in the oily areas can make it fade faster.

I did read a comment about dry skin and it being cakey. In my experience cakey for ANY foundation is generally a result of poorly exfoliated skin... exfoliate a few times a week and see if you notice a change.

For DRY SKIN I think 1. make sure you exfoliate (with any skin type) weekly. 2. Use a flat kabuki to buff in foundation in circular motions.

For COMBO/OILY 1. Exfoliate every 3-4 days 2. Apply a high quality translucent powder to your oily areas.

At the end of the day my face looks slightly dewy. It does minimize the look of my pores with if I make sure to buff it in well with a flat kabuki brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by ccjcjl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a review for Light Ivory.

My skin is light (MAC NC15-ish, Revlon Colorstay Buff-ish) but with "cool yellow" tones... Some kind of strange East Asian lol... My face is naturally slightly lighter than my neck, and a little drop pinker.

All foundations I've used (looking at you Revlon Colorstay Buff and Sally Hansen w/ Carmindy in Ecru Beige) have always shown up as peachy or peachy pink or SOMETHING. L'Oreal has just enough yellow that it covers the pinkness around my nose and make my face blend into my neck more by making it more neutral (make it less pink without being yellow) but does not darken it. So I use Coty Airspun in Naturally Neutral over it to give my skin back its pinkish glow (others say the powder is neutral, but to me it's ever slightly pinkish, but it has the best finish ever). End result? Perfect color for my face!

The foundation itself has light-medium coverage, and rubs off your nose if you blow your nose... But you can't have everything! I'm so glad that I found something that actually matches my face!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2012 5:13:00 PM More reviews by ohmyKait

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I found this sale for about $6 dollars so I got two. My first opinion was that it matched my skin tone perfectly (I'm very fair and I got the classic ivory shade.

My second opinion was that it felt kind of thick and sticky and it never really 'melted' into my skin like I was hoping it would.

I have very oily skin and it does not hold up to the challenge, I would not reccomend this to anyone with extremely oily skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by perfumista1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This provides a good satin finish and medium coverage for a drugstore foundation. It is an affordable alternative if you like Chanel Perfection Lumiere. I am NC30, and I used this in Natural Beige #151. I hesitated to buy the VL concealer pen and powder because the parallel products often disappoint me. Since Ulta had a buy 2, get 1 free sale I took the chance and was pleasantly surprised. The concealer has a glow like Chanel correcteur perfection, and the pressed powder didn't kill the glow. I hope L'Oreal doesn't discontinue the line. I even called the company to tell them--it's the first time I've ever done that.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2012 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Kris177

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

YAY!! So happy my search is over! I love this stuff. Nude Beige is very close to the same shade the old Infallible came in, and is perfect for my skin tone. The coverage is medium, which I love, and is still bright and fresh even after 12 hours.

And I discovered two bonuses. It actually DOES reduce fine lines (just noticed that today; I've been wearing it for a couple of days now). AND I like it better than Lancome's Renergie Lift, which is nearly 4x more expensive.

Like others mentioned, I know I'll end up having to pop the dispenser off once it starts to run low, and get at what's left with an orange stick or something, but I did that with Infallible and lived through it. I don't mind, as long as the product is good. YAY!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No