November 21, 2014 | 1595 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - Visible Lift Serum Absolute Advanced Age-Reversing Makeup

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2012 12:56:00 PM More reviews by kap112358

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I borrowed this from my mom after a vacation where I got some color (my mom is a few shades darker than me) in Nude Beige. I'm 20 so anti-aging benefits are great, but I really don't need them. That being said, I know most anti-aging products are very hydrating, which is good for a makeup for me since I have dry/combination skin.
Anyway, I applied this with ELF's flat topped powder brush (which you need if you don't already have it). I was amazed at how great my skin looked! I've avoided liquid foundations since a bad experience in high school, but this one is GREAT. I would say it has medium to full coverage, but be warned when you're building it to full, I did notice it got a bit cakey when too much is applied. That being said, the coverage is very natural and dewy looking. It looks like your skin...but better. Used with a primer (I use Korres' Pomegranate primer) and set with powder it lasted all day. In fact it seemed to look even more natural as the day went on!
It also advertises that there is actually a serum inside the makeup. This seemed very gimmicky to me, so I really didn't expect anything. I was surprised, however, to see that my skin actually started to look better after using this for about a week. I don't have major problems with my skin, but I do have clogged pores on my chin that I just can't get rid off. This hasn't completely solved it, but they aren't as swollen or red anymore, and a few of them have disappeared without more appearing! I don't know if this is because of the serum, but I haven't switch any skin care products recently. Overall, I recommend for those with dry or mature skin!

EDIT: I re-purchased this in the bottle with the pump, and the formula seems VERY different! It's much thicker and cakes a lot easier...the pump gets clogged often. It also seems less moisturizing... Very disappointed! I will not repurchase again.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2012 6:25:00 PM More reviews by honeysuckle4

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This looked pretty good when I first put it on but after 2 hours it was looking spotty. I tried it for 4 days and I just wasn't happy with it at all.It really did not have any lasting power at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 9:19:00 PM More reviews by owlcat75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this foundation in two shades: nude beige for fall/winter and natural beige for spring/summer. I absolutely love the silky texture, smooth application, and flawless matte-satin finish. I have combo-oily skin in the summer months, but surprisingly I don't even have to set this with a powder! I get a tad shiny after several hours, nothing a blotting paper or powder can't fix. Pricey for drugstore foundation, but worth it IMO - It feels feels and looks high end. I get lots of compliments on my skin when I wear this and I have recommended it to several others. LOVE IT!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2012 6:04:00 AM More reviews by sammiii

I have combination skin and this thing broke me out like crazy!! Even though it says it's for normal to oily skin. I break out even from just using this product for a couple of hours. I even used shine control pressed powder this. It makes my skin look nice but it's not worth the breakouts.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2012 9:26:00 PM More reviews by SelmaB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

UGH I'M SO TORN. I've been using Revlon Colorstay for the past 2 years, which is great coverage, thick, longlasting! I needed something lighter on my skin. This has great coverage, great feel, and HORRIBLE lasting power. Yes, it's luminous and glowy, which I like, but it looks pure greasy on my skin after 2/3 hours. I have combo/oily skin. It's nothing crazy oily, so I wish it looked fresh for longer on me. With blotting papers and powder it's fine, but nonetheless, Revlon CS takes the cake for lasting power (which I didn't realize until this foundation!). I'd still repurchase since it feels so nice and looks nice if it's taken care of. Maybe this is better for the colder months when I'm not as oily. Mixing this with a longer lasting foundation (like revlon cs) would be the ultimate foundation!

EDIT: Coming back with extra info! I've started my job as a camp counselor sooo 7-8 hours i need my makeup to STAY. I heard/watched people using milk of magnesia as a primer before foundation to keep oil away. Now this foundation lasts about 10 hours before blotting. Before i could get only 3!! WONDERFUL FIX TO THIS AWESOME PRODUCT

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by MichiLiebe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've used this foundation a few times, each time I used it it felt lightweight on my sy mom bought it in a classic ivory shade and I'm more of an ivory bkin, didn't feel heavy at all, and I love that feeling! The application of it goes on very smoothly, stays matte, the smell of it is nice, reminds me sunscreen, (love that light smell), and the coverage is good! Only kind of drawback I can think of is that meige, but that's okay, at least I know I won't look orange with it if I may apply more than necessary!
P.S, since my acne is getting much clearer these days, I won't be using my Revlon Colorstay foundation as much as before and will be replacing with this one. And my complaints with that foundation would be the weird sweet smell it has unlike this one and the feeling of being very heavy on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2012 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Brookoli

Ever since I have found Revlon Colorstay, I had convinced myself that I would never find another drugstore foundation as amazing as it has been to me! It gave me FULL coverage, which I desperatley needed due to my acne scars and cysts that I had at the time, to the point where the only place I needed to really put concealer on is under my eyes ( and sometimes a highlighting concealer on my cheekbones, bridge of nose, chin, and center of forehead when I wanted to look fancy!). My face looked absolutely FLAWLESS, and I had thought I had found my HG foundation.
Some things I didn't like about, though, was that it was SUPER messy because it didnt have a pump ( although, I might understand why they dont have one- this foundation is thick and dries super fast, so the pump mightve had a huge problem cloging after only a few uses), it was so hard to wash off, it made me look a tad bit orange/pink (definitely not that noticeable), and, its SO HARD TO BLEND! Brushes couldnt do it for me, so I used my hands, which blended most of it so you didn't see streaks, but still sometimes left a line or two of the foundation. But, because this foundation was just AMAZING in my book, I could definitely over look its flaws, because every foundation has at least SOME cons to it!

Then, my opinion changed after I met this baby.

Now, as loyal as I was to RC, I was very curious about this foundation because of its rave reviews, and I was all out of RC. I have been using my HG foundation for 2 years now, and I felt like I was taking a HUGE risk straying from it just once, but I was still curious-could there be a BETTER drugstore foundation than Revlon Colorstay?
So I made a deal with myself- if this wasn't gonna work out, I won't stray from my foundation again for a while ( unless I have money to afford a department store brand, Like Makeup Forever's Face and Body foundation, but I don't think that's going to happen for years to come!). Thinking that was a fair trade, I bought it- and was excited to put it on.

The foundation was $15.00, which is EXPENSIVE for a drugstore foundation, so I was hoping for amazing results. Revlon Colorstay is $12.00-$13.00, though, so I wasn't complaining too much.

When I got home, I immediatley took a shower, put moisturizer on, and after a minute or two, I started applying this with my Ecotools Bronzing Brush (which I LOVE). For me, it took a good few pumps to cover my face, but that might also be because my brush is so dense. I can imagine a stippling brush could do WONDERS with this foundation!
Anyways, the first thing I noticed was that it was easy to blend ( YES!!!) and left a satin like finish, which I adored. My face looked blended ( again, YAY!!) and flawless. I also didn't realize how Orange/red Revlon Colorstays foundation was until I put this on. It matched my skinetone amazingly, it looked so natural! I also felt like it wasnt cakey, like I barely had anything on, unlike with RC.
(NOTE: I don't use primer that much because I barely buy it, but when I do, I use Hard Candy's Sheer Envy Primer, which is absolutley amazing! And at the time I applied this foundation, I didn't have primer, so it still was amazing even without primer!)

I am 16 years old with not-so-great skin, and this foundation made me look...I dont know, almost YOUNGER? My face looked very...fresh and bright! I had a radiant glow to my face. I hadn't even put concealer on yet and I still looked good!

This foundation gives a medium-full amount of coverage, depending on how much you put on. My concealer blends very well with this foundation, as with revlon colorstay, it did not. I didn't notice any "sparkles" or what not, so I had no problem with looking like a disco ball! I set my makeup with powder and VIOLA!! Perfect, flawless, airbrushed face. I am REALLY tempted to use this with primer, just to see how more flawless ( if possible!) it turns out!!

Now, for the last test : How long it lasts throught the day. I was so scared- since RC dried SO quickly and took forever to come off, I barely worried about it melting off my face in Arizona's 115 degree weather, which is one of the tings I LOVED about it. So, you can imagine how worried I was about my face possibly looking like a little kids coloring book. So, after 4 hours, I checked, and to my surprise, my foundation looked pretty good. It didn't look like my face melted, just a tad bit oily ( I have oily skin, EXTREMELY oily skin, so this is WAY better than expected) so I simply reapplied powder, and my face looked like new! I was SO happy it stayed put! Whats even more exciting is that I left it on overnight ( I know, extremely bad to not take makeup off, but sometimes I just get SO tired!) and in the morning, my foundation stayed on! It looked like you only had to touch it up a bit to look good as new again. So I was SUPER happy that it didn't come off!!

I did notice that my bronzer and blush didnt go on as much as usual, but that might be because the coloring is so different. Also, there arent that many color options from what I have seen, so darker skin tones wont be able to purchase this product ( I have a medium light skin tone, and bought the second darkest color) and its a bit pricey, but I can definitely stand those flaws. All in all, this my new HG foundation that I am absolutely IN LOVE with!! I would give it 10 stars if I could!!!! WILL REPURCHASE!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2012 6:38:00 AM More reviews by SavageWhisky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using this foundation on and off for about 3 years and I figured this time around itís time to write a review.
My skin: is highly acne prone in the last 3 years only. Itís combo dry (from retin-A use) and oily.
Iíve kept the same bottle of this stuff in natural buff for three years and each time I seemed to break out terribly soon after. I blamed the foundation and each time very nearly threw out the full bottle. But I couldnít bring myself to do it. Why, you ask? Because this is the best looking foundation I have ever used! It floats on my skin, hiding all imperfections, and leaves it looking matte but still glowing. LOVE.
This time around Iíve just started to really get my skin out of its break-out cycle (fingers crossed) and my skin has become so dry since using retin that I needed to find an alternative to the Neutrogena skin-clearing foundation that was my default for 3 years. It doesnít look good, but I believed I could put it on top of broken out skin without causing more lesionsóthat stuff always dries my skin more.
So, at the beginning of this week, not wanting to undo all of the moisturizing work that La Roche Posay (ultra at night) and Physiogel (morning)had done, I reached for this Líoreal again. Yes beautiful looking as I remembered. This time though, four days in, no new blemishes! It doesnít seem to be breaking me out and Iím thinking that previous break outs may just have coincidentally coincided with usage in the past. My skin actually looks better since using this (could be continued healing, of course). I really hope the positive results hold because this could be my HG foundation and I donít think Iíve ever called anything HG. I will update if anything changes.

2 knocks against this: #1 the bottle. Something went wrong with the pump and I wanted to get at the rest of the foundation since I knew it was almost full, but the top is impossible to get off without popping it halfway across the room and getting makeup everywhere! #2 putting it over my nasolabial (smile) line area in a large quantity looks bad. I don't really have lines there yet, but if I put on moisturizer and a lot of this foundation it seems to cake up there after I smile leaving a white-ish line of makeup on top. This is easily solved by just taking it easy with the foundation around my mouth. Even with the two small problems this is still worth it--I've already purchased another bottle.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2012 12:40:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

visibe lift serum foundation is a great foundation! It stays on all day,the application goes super smoothly!it covers verry well,living a nice flawless finish! I got this foundation in sun beige and natural beige,for my neutral-olive skin tone! It's a dewy finish.the serum helps the skin,wich is a plus! Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2012 2:12:00 AM More reviews by strawberrylinz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this foundation for 2 reasons: It blends suuuper easily and looks very natural. And it doesn't settle into my pores which is really important to me. I set it with translucent powder, and for the most part it does last all day. The only reason I didn't give it 5 lippies is because my t-zone seems to get shiny faster with this foundation than with others I've tried. However, blotting papers do help with that so it's not a huge deal. Overall I think I will repurchase :)

EDIT: I stopped using because my skin was getting realllly shiny. I switched to Pond's BB cream and I really like it so far.