October 21, 2014 | 1414 users online

Lips - Maybelline - Color Sensational Lipstain

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2010 8:57:00 PM More reviews by WheresHelen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was always looking for a great lipstain for school that was easy to apply. Since maybelline was on sale at 40% off, and plus i had a 2 dollar off coupon, I thought why not? So i got this for around 3 dollars. This really was pretty cheap compare to the others.

I got it in the color " IN THE BUFF", it is a deep nude pink. Its like your lip color but better. I really like it, its not too bright or strong for everyday, but it makes you look more "alive" and puts on a glow!Another favorite that I know of was "TOUCH OF TOFFEE" They also better color selections that the covergirl lipstains and more wearable colors that the Revlon lipstain.

Another great thing is the marker tip that it comes with. Very similar to the Revlon's Just Bitten and the Covergirl lipstain.This helps me line my lips so they look more define, and I use the side of the marker to fill in my lips. This doesn't dry as you apply it ( the Revlon one does!) but it does dry within 1 minute after you apply it. Like most drugstore lip stains, it does set into fine lines/cracks on your lips; therefore I would use a base/chap-stick such as ( vaseline lip therapy) and LET IT SET BEFORE YOU APPLY IT. That was my first mistake; I didn't let it set, so I use went in and applied the lipstain and then my lipstain looked really gross, and ugh.

TIPS:
- Place the lip stain with the tip pointing down so the product flows down
- Use a Lip balm, or a chapstick as a base
- Make use of video coupons off rite aid video values, and sales such as 40% off. Because I think thats is the closest thing to 50% off.
- Look for swatches online, Musing of a muse has some good ones!
- IN THE BUFF is a great color on anyone! So, if you can't decide try it out and if you don't like it, you can always return it !

Overall I think if you're looking for a good lipstain, that has nice color payoff, and is pretty cheap. This may be the one! I really enjoy it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2010 5:22:00 PM More reviews by violetfairygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'll be honest, I only bought this because I wanted to try a lip stain and it was way cheaper than the Revlon and Cover Girl stains. I'm very pleased with it, though. I got Plum Flushed, and it's pretty versatile - I can apply multiple coats to get a deep matte berry color, or just one light coat and layer it with a lighter gloss to get a plummy pink. It lasts a few hours, about the same as a lipstick, but what I really like is that I don't get any transfer on glasses or utensils when I'm eating or drinking. The stain just fades without getting all over the place. The color doesn't bleed, either.

I do wish the marker tip applicator was more accurate, but what I've been doing is rubbing the broad side of the tip over my lip to deposit the color, because that's where it all seems to gather, and then I draw the point of the applicator over the product to pick some up and define the edges of my lips. It also takes a moment to dry, which I think is a pro because that lets me rub my lips together to spread the product out evenly.

I would bet that most stains aren't very moisturizing, because they're meant to soak into your lips and not sit on top, which is what a product would have to do to keep moisture in. I just dab a little clear balm on top if it gets bothersome. I'll buy this again in some different colors.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2010 4:38:00 PM More reviews by MsSexyDivine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Lipstains are usually a total hit or miss with most girls. I really liked this one, I have a dark red one which I love, the colr is very bold, I top it off with a gloss & it looks great.

For anyone considering purchasing this, keep in mind that 90% the time this will come out darker than what is pictured. It does have a very small drying factor, but I've used way worse. This one compared to Covergirl Outlast is way better. Be ready for a top coat of some sort, I usually go for a moisturizing gloss since I want shine, you can always try a lighter shade to help tone the stain down if it's too bright. For me this lasted quite a while, at least an hour & half, with a beverage.

Overall I think it's a great product, I got mine at Wal Mart for $5.50 but you can find them on sale all the time.

I say if you're looking for a nice bright long lasting color give these a try.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Flassie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

So at first i liked it... but i reviewed it a couple hours after buying it, and now i don't like it... it doesn't last, plus i thought i was buying a pretty tropical punch color... but it turned out to be a VERY bright red which looks terrible on me :( So anyways the color on the packaging is decieving and it doesn't have lasting power

rated 2 of 5 on 10/3/2010 10:53:00 AM More reviews by floridamuaer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I just picked up this item in the shade Blushing. I have been wanting to try this item since it came out, and did not pass up a great sale on it at Ulta.

PROS:
~Nice scent
~I like the brush/applicator. Easy to line lips and fill in.
~Great color, just a few shades darker than my lip color, which is what I was looking for.

CONS: (Just 1 really)
~DRIED OUT MY LIPS SO BADLY! This is definitely not a product that I can use on its own. Very, very drying as soon as it was applied, made my lips shriveled and wrinkly.

With that being said, I did layer this product under another sheer lip balm and the combination worked wonderfully. As a layering item, this works great. By itself, not so much.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2010 9:38:00 PM More reviews by amyhuskiewicz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

These are my favortie lipstains! They are the only ones I can apply without feeling they are drying out my lips. I don't even need balm afterwards. They have some nice lighter colors that apply as a sheer wash of color to my lips, more of a tint than a heavy pigment and I really like that. I even enjoy the fruity scent. The darker colors do tend to apply rather brightly but fade after a minute or two and fade more evenly than other lipstains I have tried. I did find that trying to open the package when I first bought them was frustrating and the silver tube is kind of cheesy looking, but on the plus side I did find the caps to be a relatively good indicator of the color within. For those looking for a more natural looking lipstain and less of well, fuschia, these have some nice options. Good value for the money!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2010 11:03:00 AM More reviews by BananaMuffin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I saw an ad for the lipstain in one of my mom's magazines. The only colors that look good on my lips are pinks and peaches. Well, the model was wearing Wink of Pink, and it was an absolutely beautiful pink, I had to have it! On my daily trip to Wal Mart, I picked it up for $5.50, which is WAY more than I would ever spend on something for my lips, but a lot cheaper than other products I've seen. I was so excited to put it on and watch my lips turn pretty pink. . . I've never been so disappointed in my life! It came out almost red, and looked absolutely horrid on me! I don't mind spending almost $6 if I know I'm going to be happy with what I get and I'm going to actually use it, but this was the worst $6 I've ever spent. But on the bright side, it smelled good and I loved the marker type tip (be careful though, it tastes dreadful.)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2010 11:38:00 AM More reviews by ribo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is terrible. I bought two. One was the color in the magazine, which was not at all like what the model had on. Also one of the tubes I have to push so hard to get the color out that it hurts my lips. Plus, it is so drying that I have to put gloss on over it. Doesn't go on uniformly. What a waste of money!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2010 3:19:00 AM More reviews by reihasama

I bought this hoping for a lip stain that will last throughout my workout session and won't run when I sweat. I got the shade Cranberry Crush.

Pros: color glided on much more smoothly than CG's lipstains, very pigmented, not drying

Cons: zero lasting power (I merely dabbed my lips with a tissue after the stain dried, and most of it came off)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2010 5:30:00 AM More reviews by tropicalaqua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

&I have the "Feelin' Rosy" shade it looks medium red on my lips, perfect color. At first the pen didn't want to work so it was spreading unevenly, until I dabbed a bit of water on the tip then it started flowing out.

It does have this sort of alcohol/liquor smell to it, but it have a nice fruity berry/watermelon candy scent to it, though I did not like that the stain itself is bitter when I licked my lips.

The color works well, I have the Revlon Just Bitten (though that one doesn't last as long) and it leaves a stain on your mug. The plus side is that it has a balm, but it isn't very sturdy and breaks, so I just remove it.

I have also tried the Bloom lipstains.

The best lip stain I've tried is probably the Bloom lipstain in "Rhubarb" if you like rose medium reds, but it's quite pricey. The reason why I like it particularly is actually not for the staying power but for the smooth application, even-ness, it's color. Though, the Bloom stain goes on smoothly and does not need to have a balm though it will probably only last for a few hours, but it will last through drinking & eating, depending on how heavy a hand you put it on.

This Maybelline stain has nice staying power, it doesn't rub off on my mug like the Revlon stain, though I've noticed though even tho this stain doesn't come off on your cup, it does fade after some time & it fades un-evenly sometimes into the lines of your lips, and is quite drying, so a lip balm is a must.

I give this lip stain 4 stars. Minus 1 for it's uneven application & bitterness. And plus 1 for it's staying power for it gets 4 stars! If you like lipstains to work for it's stain then this is the choice for you,

Oh and FYI the Bloom & Revlon lip stains are NOT bitter & do not have a smell to them.

I have also tried the MAC lipstains, but these lipstains (Revlon & Maybelline) cost less, half the price.

So for the price, it's a great deal to try out these lipstains.