August 27, 2014 | 1840 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by GreenFruit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am very allergic to this, and I have only ever had one other reaction to cosmetics - some cover girl mood lipstick 20 years ago. this makes my eyelids puffy and itchy. i have read many other reviews that say the same thing, or worse. i would be interested to know what the hell they put it in this mascara. if you're not allergic to it, it does work pretty well. almost as good as voluminous. really waterproof too.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2013 3:45:00 AM More reviews by kmp789

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I think this is a decent product. I don't hate it but I don't love it. First off, this stuff really is waterproof. In fact, it can be tough to get it off, even with makeup remover and oil. Because it has never flaked, smudged, or budged once it dries (which happens pretty quickly), I only wear this mascara when I work out (in fact, this is the only piece of makeup that I wear to work out since my eyelashes look nonexistent without something on them). This is also a great mascara to wear for a day out in the sun, at the beach, or going swimming because I have taken showers with this on and scrubbed my face and not even a flake of product came off! I suppose this is a good mascara for me, if only for this purpose.
This mascara gives a natural look to my lashes, only slightly enhanced; no crazy length or volume is added to my lashes- just enough to give a boost. In no way do I see results like false lashes. However, I do not put on more than one coat so maybe this would give that effect if more coats were layered on. Also, it holds my lashes curl better than most other mascaras I've tried- the formula do not weigh them down which is nice.
From my experience, the only accurate part of this product name is the word "waterproof". I would probably only repurchase if it was on sale or I had a coupon since there are so many other mascaras with waterproof formulas out there to try.
P.S. If you are sensitive to smells in products, this may not be your favorite mascara. Mine has a rather strong scent in the tube (not in the best way) but it goes away pretty quickly. I do not mind it but it is something to be aware of.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by BriSchmied

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had very high expectations for this, but it doesn't suit me at all. It added a little volume and clumped. It dried very, very fast and it's really hard to get off. I expected waay better results.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2013 8:49:00 AM More reviews by sgray0721

This product was just okay for me. It held up to its waterproof claims and didn't smudge for me. My only issue was how hard it was to take off. I showered, then used waterproof makeup removed. Not much came off. I then tried a little olive oil, hoping it would loosen what was left of the product. The next morning I woke up with raccoon eyes. This stuff won't go away!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2013 1:58:00 PM More reviews by perehudoff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This did not hold up to its waterproof claim. It smudged onto my under eye and brown bone worse than my non-waterproof mascaras. The price is fine for a drugstore mascara and would be good if it was actually waterproof and performed as advertised. I do not recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2013 1:01:00 PM More reviews by Juliasyji

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm pretty satisfied with this mascara!
My lashes are bone straight and not very impressive (Asian), so I've always had to use waterproof. I've used everything from blinc, clinique, lancome, cover girl, Kiss me Heroine etc... Everything from low end to high. Recently, I've been trying tubing mascaras because I noticed since summer hit, my usual kiss me heroin mascara was smudging a lot and giving me racoon eyes. While clinique's high impact curling mascara and blinc mascara did not smudge at all, they did not hold me curl at all! I could see the curls immediately uncurling as I was applying these mascaras! So I picked up the falsies in waterproof since it was only 5 bucks and here is what I've experience

pros:
holds a stiff curl, pretty impressed with this aspect
Some volume
no clump (so far, since it's a new tube)
I got the curved brush and application is easy
So far no smudge

cons:
no much length

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied and when compared with other mascaras I've used in the past, this one definitely can hold its own. I would purchase again if I don't find something better. Everyone raves about kiss me heroine and I've been using that for the past 2 years and when I compare falsies with kiss me heroine, I can honestly say that the falsies lives up to the same level of performance. No need to go to ebay and wait for a shipment for me anymore since I'll probably continue to use this until something better comes along!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2013 11:54:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

Okay, we all know that there is a very real struggle called Asian short sparse straight lashes. Not to mention my eyes are so small that when I smile my mascara tends to smudge. That's why Lancome's Definicils was my HG for a very long time.

But let's admit it, over 20 bucks for a mascara? I had to find a DS alternative. I tried the rocket. It's very nice, but there are days where I reach for my definicils over it. Based on a friend's rec, I tried this out.

Spoon shaped wand: brilliant..I can reach all lashes, even the shortest one in the corner without taking out my eye.

Wet, buildable formula that's waterproof and very very black: what more do you want?? It also holds a curl so well and looks super dramatic, like a ghettofabulous Diorshow.

Doesn't transfer with wear: YES!

And the kicker? 5 whole bucks. Yes. I will repurchase. This is one DS mascara where the hype is worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by lancherie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm asian with very short eyelashes with no curl and VERY oily lids, I use this every day and curl my lashes before I use it.
I really love this mascara a lot, the wand makes it very easy to get all my lashes very thoroughly from the base to the tip by switching up which sides of the wand I use,
it's not very thick but when it dries it goes very waxy and you can't do a second coat or else it'll clump. Just build it up lots while it is still wet, you will get amazing length, curl and which lasts a long time
The only downfall to this mascara is that due to my oily lids, even this waterproof mascara smudges onto my lower lash line which I can't stand the look of at all. I expect this with all waterproof mascaras though so I overlook this because the length and curl you get from this is just purely amazing, you definitely need a makeup remover to take this off but again it's a small sacrifice to me that I'm happy to make! (and I only use waterproof mascaras to I'm used to this)
I finally bought a different mascara that I'll try though after using this for a few years religiously because I know that some asian mascaras are notoriously water and smudge proof which is what I really really need but I recommend this to absolutely anyone who doesn't usually find smudging a problem

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by BubblegumKisses

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the shade "blackest black"
This is a nice mascara! I was looking for one that would volumize and hold a curl. When I applied this, I was so surprised how long my lashes got!! I did notice they were slightly less curled at the end of the day, but it still did a good job, and it didn't smudge near as much as my maybelline full-n-soft
mascara. So overall, I would've like a little more volume, but it's still an amazing mascara!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2013 1:48:00 AM More reviews by lilo9802

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this mascara because I was almost out and needed some more. This mascara did not work for me at all. My lashes were extremely clumpy and terrible looking. I really wanted to like it, but that was not going to happen. I've had the mascara for a good 4 months and have used it maybe three times: when I first got it, about a week later, and today is was still as wet as when I got it.