September 23, 2014 | 1977 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Sepia Ink Long Wear Gel Liner

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2006 6:38:00 PM More reviews by Gem727

This is the best eyeliner I have ever used. I had been testing out new eyeliners, even trying the Urban Decay one which supposedly "doesn't come off," however it did on me. This Bobbi Brown eyeliner is great. The color is very pretty, and it wears very well. I can't see myself switching back to any old eyeliner again!

EDIT: After months of use, it barely stayed on. Smeared a bit, not as much as Granite Ink or Granite Shimmer Ink. Will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2006 4:58:00 PM More reviews by alison_wonderland

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to eyeliner. It's the perfect compliment to my NC30 complexion with dark dark brown eyes. I will always have it on hand. I've never tried MAC's dipdown, so I can't compare, but I don't know if I want to stray from this - it's just so perfect. My look is pretty natural, so I tend to grab brown rather than black e/l for day-to-day, and it's just gorgeous. Love it for a perfectly natural look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2006 4:46:00 PM More reviews by verybridgetjones

I love love love this eye liner! Very smooth and easy to apply! (I've been using my MAC 266 brush for this.) Really nice brown color, somehow enhances the green in my hazel eyes. Stays put all day long, doesn't smudge, looks awesome. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2006 11:30:00 AM More reviews by lfrueh

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this eyeliner. I have brown eyes and usually avoid brown liners but there's something so cool and crisp about this color that it actually enhances the brownness in my eyes, rather than making me them look muddy. Pair with a taupe or chocolate shimmer or with bone shimmerwash for a really bright, awake look. It gives a crisp or smudgy line, thick or thin, very controllable depending on the brush & technique used. It lasts very well but not infinitely, definitely not thru swimming or shower on me. Fades, doesn't disappear altogether. Also very soft comfortable texture going on - no pulling on those tender eyelids. I love this stuff, alternating with sapphire shimmer every day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2006 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Treasa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought the brush and the gel and just cannot apply the gel-its smudges and i keep on wiping it off. For me this just didnt work. I might take a trip to the makeup artist at saks for a tip and if i ever manage to apply this properly i will update.
Update:Allergic to this product-made my eyes VERY ITCHY so chucked it out.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2006 10:29:00 AM More reviews by peacefulheart

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is an excellent gel liner, but I would only buy it again if MAC discontinued their fluidline gel liner in dipdown. The MAC one is a tad cheaper and superior to this, as far as I am concerned. At 51-I will never go back to liquid or cake liners!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2006 4:32:00 AM More reviews by ellyismuhname

This product is really good, although it's a tad costly to me. It lasts, and it goes on with this really smooth feeling, and you don' feel that there's any difference on your eye when you do your daily activities. There's no need to reapply. I'm really glad i found this superb eyeliner through makeupalley! :D

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2006 4:46:00 PM More reviews by singwritenow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The color of this liner seems to accent every e/s on my blue/grey eyes. It lasts all day and a little goes a long way. You do have to apply it with a very fine liner brush. This is starting to replace MAC's Greystone and Embark e/s as my staple liner. I'm so used to using shadow liners that the gel is a nice change. It looks dramatic yet natural and has more staying power. I'm hooked!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2006 7:34:00 AM More reviews by bluejoansie

The best eyeliner. I bought the brush also, and actually look forward to putting this product on in the morning. Application is fluid, and the color is great for day. I use it at night too, but I'm pale and don't want a dramatic look. Will definitely try this product in another color. Stays put for me most of the day, and I have oily lids.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2006 5:09:00 PM More reviews by rmeghann

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wouldn't call this a gel at all ... it's more like a cream. The color is beautiful and surprisingly easy to apply. It seems like it would smudge really easily, but when it dries after 30 seconds, it stays put all day. Since I've always used eyeliner pencils, I thought this would be a big mess, and I'd have to reapply several times to get a straight line, but that's not the case at all. I definitely recommend it!