Revlon Just Bitten Lipstain + Balm

3.2

Water, Ascorbyl Glucoside, VP/Methacrylamide/Vinyl Imidazole Copolymer, Alcohol Denatured, Fragrance, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, 1,2 Hexanediol/Caprylyl Glycol, Red 33 (CI 17200), Yellow 5 (CI 11680), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 6 (CI 15985), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Octyldodecanol, Polybutene, Polyethylene, Synthetic Beeswax, Mica, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Lecithin, Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid, Benzoic Acid

on 12/29/2011 5:16:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

These are my go-tos for lip color, and I have about a dozen of them in every color. They really have long staying power, don't rub off too much (especially when kissing), and help accentuate the shape of my lips with clean lines. Really easy to apply fast in the morning, and they last virtually all day! I reapply if I'm going out at night. Can't go back to those thick lipsticks or glosses that feel so heavy compared to these! Please don't discontinue these, Revlon!

I think this is a good concept for a product, but I think the staying power of the formula and the packaging could be improved. I used Lust which is a nice mauvey beige color. I keep buying different brands of lipstains, hoping that they will last for several hours, but so far, no dice. Doing normal activities like talking and eating, this product fades quickly and needs to be reapplyed every hour. I like that it is a two sided product with the stain on one end and a balm on the other. You almost need a balm over it because stains can be slightly drying. However, I wish the balm was a twist up kind and not just a little stick placed on the end of the wand. When I opended it for the first time, it broke right off! I managed to stick it back on, but now I have to use it VERY carefully for fear of it falling off again. So not a big fan of the package design. Overall, this product is adequate, but needs improvement.

on 12/20/2011 2:14:00 AM

This has staying power for sure. The color is nice and my lips feel quite lovely and full. I have purchase quite of few of these and am liking them more and more.

on 12/12/2011 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I want to like this lipstain, but it dries out too fast. I'd like to know what's the expectation in terms of how long before you have to buy a new one. I use desire and forbidden. And yes, you have to be careful as they can be strong. I also make sure my lips are matte before using so I don't understand why they seem to dry out so fast. (Yes, the cap is on tight.) I said 'yes' that I would buy again, but frankly I'm on the fence. I may go back to Cover Girl's Lip Stain.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have Passion, which is this horrifyingly bright pink, but it is so much better than I had anticipated! I bought this on a whim a year or so ago, and I'm just now starting to pick it up. It looks amazing against my pale skin.
At first, I found the marker-esque applicator to be really strange, but now that I've warmed up to it, it's fantastic. When I first bought it, it was ridiculously bright, but now that I've used a fair bit of the product and it's dried out a little, it's significantly better and applies easily without being totally obnoxious.
This will be perfect in spring and summer.

on 11/19/2011 8:27:00 PM

I bought this a few weeks ago and I love it! I have it in the shade "desire" which is like a medium pink. I wear it all the time. These arent drying on your lips..they smell good and they dont sting my lips either. I think on average mine lasts about 3-4 hours before I might decide to put more on and they fade nicely (not splotchy or weird). It does help if you shake it for a minute before you put it on though so there is some color soaked into the applicator at the bottom. I really like the balm too. It works really well with the stain and its moisturizing and makes my lips shiny!

on 11/4/2011 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I purchased Gothic and Frenzy at my local walmart and they were about 8$ each. Now, while I'm not generally fold of stains that come in the "marker" applicator, these seem to go on smoothly and without too much effort. As for the color, the frenzy is pretty true to what I was expecting from the package, but Gothic can become too dark if you put on one too many layers. But they're still both gorgeous colors. The balm that comes with each is smooth, flavorless and moisturizing. The color for me lasted well into 6 hours for me, though I did notice the center of my lips start to wear as the day went on and as I ate. Overall, these colors are really beautiful for giving a really "just ate a lollipop" color look to your lips. They're light, as you only really feel the balm there and it's a very lovely one. And they last pretty well. I am going to grab more colors when next I can.

on 11/3/2011 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I bought the color: Mystical @ Target for $8 and tried it as soon as I got back to the car and I have to say i'm pretty impressed! The color is a little darker than what is shown on the package but it's still very nice color. I even tested to see if it has lasting power and that was just as impressive...w/or w/out the balm the lip stain doesn't smudge which is awesome. As with any brand of lip stain, it does accentuate dry/chapped lips which is why the balm is so effective. Next time I'll probably try 'Passion' or 'Instinct' as I was initially looking for a pinky/nude color for everyday use. I'd recommend! Just remember: the color is going to always be 2-3 shades darker than what is on the package since it is a liquid stain and you'll be good to go!

Tried the colours on my hands as they look nothing like the packaging.

When tried on lips they were too bright / dark! Need a better colour selection.

Staying power is also not too great.

on 10/15/2011 4:23:00 PM

I've used lipstains for years and this is one of my favorites. Great product.