October 24, 2014 | 1640 users online

Lip Treatments - eos - Lip Balm Sphere - Lemon Drop SPF 15

rated 1 of 5 on 5/15/2012 4:35:00 AM More reviews by facetious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The balm is very waxy and drying. The Lemon smells nicer than its Summerfruit counterpart, until you apply it and then it smells really rancid.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2012 11:16:00 AM More reviews by toastedlembas

I bought this because I know I need to start protecting my lips from the sun, and I didn't have a non-petroleum lip balm with SPF. It was a good excuse to pick up a cute new lip balm!

The spherical packaging on this is cute, although if you are the kind of person who likes to keep lip balm tucked in your pocket, this will not be a plus for you. Since I only apply it when I am outside, it isn't a huge deal for me that it has to stay in my purse. The shape and color makes it easy to find in there!

I'm not a huge fan of lemon, but the scent of this lip balm is nice and refreshing. It goes on smoothly and feels good on my lips. I think my Burt's Bees balms penetrate better, but they don't have SPF. When I am outside, this protects my lips and makes them feel nice, which is pretty much all I want from it! It also wears well under my tinted balms and lipsticks, which is important.

This is a good SPF balm, but it won't heal your dry lips. If you demand more moisture, alternate it with a more penetrating non-SPF balm or take a look at Jack Black Lip Therapy. I prefer this for the price and the fact that it isn't a liquid (I don't think goop on my lips in the middle of the day is practical). This has also lasted me a lot longer than my Jack Black tube did. I probably won't grab any other eos balms, since this is the only one I've seen with SPF, but I will definitely come back to this for my sun protection when I run out!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 11:42:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

I like this lip balm. Its heavier/waxier than many balms. That includes the other EOS balm I've tried, sweet mint. Being heavier means it feels cushier, more soothing and lasts longer. The spf is another reason I'm now carrying this in my purse to use on the go prior to applying my lip gloss. The smell is pleasant though not the most natural lemon scent, but not cloying. Its a conversation piece too because when you take it out of your purse people notice the cute, yellow sphere packaging. That also makes it easy to spot in your bag. When I finished the mint balm I snipped out a piece of plastic in the bottom then scooped out a ton of product still left, and placed in a clean little container for samples. I love the all natural ingredients since it goes on your lips. Cute, useful, a lot of product for the price, mostly natural, smells good, lasts a while and even after months of use, so much is left. I have a dry skin condition that effects my lips badly and some balms burn or irritate my lips, this did not.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 1:19:00 AM More reviews by XxFreshMintxX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had my doubts on this eos lip balm, cuz I'm not a big fan of lemon flavored lip balms/glosses (they always seem sour or bitter to me), or the color yellow, but I was drawn to the cute ball of sunshine with its SPF, so I knew I had to give it a shot. I was happy that it actually doesn't smell sour, but sweet (I like sweet stuff lol), and unlike the other eos lip balms, this one smooths on your lips with a slight glossy appearance, which is a nice bonus :D this can come in handy for when I go to the beach or for a sunny summer day at the pool. Also, if this falls and rolls out of sight, itz a lot easier to find then the other eos balms, thanx to the bright color lmao

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2012 9:37:00 PM More reviews by jntsegura

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE IT, IT'S SO CUTE AND IT SMELLS SO GOOD!!!
If you have chapped lips, don't use this to cure them.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2012 9:33:00 PM More reviews by beautifulmindsdream

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The packaging was a little different which is why i got it, but when it came to applying the product. it was really difficult as i had to turn the ball at the same type. not easy at all to apply. Product wasnt moisturizing which is why i buy lip balm in the first place. so, i guess it didnt serve its purpose.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2012 9:12:00 PM More reviews by myspace4jes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is great! I got the summer fruit one before and it suckd! :( it was waxy and horrible in consistency, did not moisturize at all. but this one, this one really does moisturize and smells delicious. The packaging is so cute! I love the whole spherical thing going on. :D look for sales, cause you can get them cheap!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by mandeelui

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I first started on the summerfruit one, loved that one so I thought I'd give the lemon one a go too, esp when it has SPF15, a plus.
However, the texture is different to the summerfruit one and this one does not really moisturise much, my lips are still dry but with an added scent.
It doesn't smell that great either, so I'm going back to the summerfruit one after this...

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2012 9:58:00 PM More reviews by SoldierEverdeen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Very cute, just like all the other eos balms. But I did not like the smell, and it didn't do much for my lips. I'll stick with Sweet Mint.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2012 6:10:00 AM More reviews by cmannequin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I am redoing my past review on this since it was so horribly done. Let me just say, I love lemons. I love to drink it, put heaps of it in my pho (literally need to ask the waitress to give me 5 extra slices), and I love the smell. No I'm not weird. Past the smell, the cute egg shape, and the ingredients, this preforms OK. It moisturizes alright but if you have dry chapped lips I do not recommend this. This just sat on top of my lips and did not really penetrate them, so I still felt my lips peeling at the end of the day. It does give a very glossy appearance, so if you like that and you dont need a lot of moisture then go for it. Smells like lemon candies and the taste is nice. Packaging is very poorly thought out and bulky. After buying two at the same time, each time I used it around the halfway mark, and then it would become too difficult and inconvenient to apply. This is due to the fact that afterward the dome shape flattens. Also, how the hell am I supposed to fit this in my pocket at school? Putting it in my backpack is such a hassle (since I like to reapply chapstick a lot), I will repurchase only if I'm left with no other option or bored of my other chapstick.