October 23, 2014 | 1316 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Goody - Spin Pin

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2011 10:27:00 PM More reviews by ShadowDreamr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have medium thick, shoulder length hair and I think these are the greatest invention ever! I am horrible at styling my hair, even using a hair tie to make a bun is difficult for me since my hair never stays in the bun. However, since my hair is layered, I know I'll never get a perfect ballerina bun out of it, but I'm already happy that this works for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2011 4:34:00 AM More reviews by pree11

I love it. I have thick curly hair normally and when i straighten it is slick. i love it to hold my hair without styling. it is one of the few things that can hold my heavy thick hair. and when my hair is straightened it is a little less secure but still works so well. i love it, but i can understand that it will not work for slicker finer hair... sorry guys

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2011 5:02:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

My hair was too thick for these. It's very coarse, straight and slick, too, so I'm definitely not in the target demographic for these things. However, my friend with finer hair wears them all the time and they look great, so if you've got a different hair type they might work for you.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by brwneyedgymnast23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm really iffy on this product. I wanted to like it very much but it's just alright. I paid about $6 for these and I actually originally bought them for my mom, but of course I tried them on myself as well. My mom has very straight, chemically processed hair, and yet I've noticed it is very smooth and sleek. With that being said, the spin pins did not hold her hair! All scrunchies and hair ties slip on her hair so I thought that this MUST work but it didn't at all. Now, I have a curly and frizzy mess on top of my head and it certainly did hold my hair pretty well. However, I know that I would be too lazy to ever use these. Throwing my hair in a bun with a hair tie is much easier and faster and I prefer messy buns than the more perfect spin pin buns. Overall, I prefer my hair in a ponytail rather than a bun. So these were a bit disappointing for me, but I can see how many people would love them.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2011 7:13:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I think these are best suited for those with thick hair. If you have fine hair like I do, these Spin Pins may not stay in place. I have longish hair, several inches past my shoulders/halfway down my back. I can't for the life of me put my hair in a chignon and have it stay put using these pins - it always manages to slip out and come undone. I have the regular/original size ones that come in a set of two. When I put my hair up, the ends are always noticeable and my bun unravels. I wonder if the set of three smaller Spin Pins are more suitable for my hair type? Anyways, I was really disappointed with these pins.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2011 4:21:00 AM More reviews by machochick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have long thick hair, and this works for me for a quick easy bun.

However, I have to properly align the pins to secure my hair, or else, my hair will just fall down in a couple of minutes and then I have to re-do the bun again.

It's a bit tricky to use, I've been using this for months now and I still need a few tries before I can really secure my hair. But I will buy again, in case I lose my pair of pins.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2011 11:10:00 PM More reviews by CarolinaMidwife

Whoa, do I love these little suckers.

I have long hair and it's ill behaved so I have to either flat iron it into submission or wear it up. Even to do a pony tail requires the flat iron. With these guys I separate my hair into two sections and then tie it into three knots and the spin one in from the top and one from the bottom and I get that awesome, messy, knotty hair look that used to take me 30 Bobby pins to achieve. You can do a bun or a chignon or two cute little top-knot buns or whatever.

Now, I want to mention that while my hair is long it is also pretty fine. If you have thick hair these may not work for you, or you may need 4 instead of just 2.

These are my HG up-do accessories.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2011 11:05:00 PM More reviews by wildflower85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

When a friend of mine showed me these things in Target, I was super skeptical that they would work, they're just a couple of twisty wires, right? Well, she convinced me to try them out, since they worked with her hair, and guess what? They work like a dream. I have NEVER been able to do anything but ponytails with my hair, but with these things I can do a classy little bun with no trouble. They're like magic.

What you need to do when using them is: get your hair all up in the bun (holding with your hand), and twist the first pin through the base of the bun so it catches the 'do and the hair on your head, keeping it in place. While still holding the bun with your hand, take the 2nd pin and swirl it in at a slight angle in toward your head. That one will keep the bun itself together.

I would definitely buy again.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2011 10:26:00 PM More reviews by emkazicstan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Super cool! I love it. I always tend to break hair elastics when putting my hair in a bun, but with these it's so simple and nice :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2011 9:48:00 PM More reviews by Sayers

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

These are the best thing for putting your hair up and forgetting about it. My hair is fine but there's alot of it and I was tired of elastoc bands and hair pins so Spin Pins are the perfect tool for a messy bun. Twist these little devils in and they stay put all day. Like that they come in colors for different hair. Great invention!