October 22, 2014 | 1973 users online

Blush - Rimmel - Blush - Santa Rose 001

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2011 11:33:00 AM More reviews by RosePeacock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have a few Rimmel products and this one's brill. Simply put, it's a great basic blush. It gives a welcome pop of colour to my fair skin, and light sweep is all I need. It does contain some shimmer, but it's not garish at all. It's reasonably priced and easy to find. You can get it pretty much everywhere, and a lot of supermarkets stock it in the beauty aisles. All in all, a nice little blush to have.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2011 10:51:00 AM More reviews by nikkohli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I really like this blush but I am not a blush fanatic. I haven't noticed any shimmer but it is a nice plummy color. A little really gives your skin some color and the price is so decent everyone should have this! I think this could work on NC or NW skin tones--it is definitely warmer but you can build on this color so it would look natural on anyone.

I do have to reapply it during the day but for a night out I'll layer it over Almay's cream blush and it stays pretty nicely. Sometimes the case is hard to open which is a pain but not like I am breaking my fingers or anything. The brush it comes with is decent enough....I use my own but if I didn't have one it could definitely get the job done.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2011 10:42:00 AM More reviews by BayRidge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I brought this because I was lemming NARS Douceur. When I deconstructed this lemming-ness, I realised it was for a blush that's not bright, but more like skin, somehow natural looking. This fits the bill perfectly. While I love my KA blushes, this is great for those days I don't want to be so... colourful.

I think it would look good on most people, plus its hard to overdo when you're getting ready and its still dark outside :-) Personally I like the packaging because its so slim that it fits perfectly into my tiny makeup bag. I'm impressed with the quality, will definately check out other colours in this range when I'm lemming a new look. Another drugstore gem courtesy of MUA. Thanks everyone!

ps this looks great layered over the NYColour blush stick - either big apple blush or south street seashell - if you want some added intensity

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2011 6:40:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

This is the first Rimmel blush I have tried and I am really liking it :)
The colour of Santa Rose is very pigmented, so I only need the smallest amount to get a nice rosy glow. The packaging doesn't come with a brush so make sure you do have a good blush brush around to do the job. The colour is pretty matte, doesn't look like there is any shimmer to me and would work for fair to medium skin tones. I'm not a huge blush person, so I mainly use this in winter when my skin becomes more pale and need something to brighten my complexion. Works great and great value for money. Only complaint is that it's hard to sweep a brush over it evenly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2011 10:10:00 AM More reviews by lauren5millar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is a lovely blusher for a natural glow. although i prefer pinky blushers this is the one my boyfriend normally comments on me looking nice when i wear it!the price is great too.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2011 1:39:00 AM More reviews by jurffie07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This blush gives that natural peachy-pink colour, probably similar to Benefit Coralista. It's quite shimmery when applied. However, this broke me out on the cheeks so that's a big no-no for me since I'm very clogged-pore-prone. I love the shade, though, but it's just not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2010 2:14:00 AM More reviews by sierray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Nice little blush.

Goes well with my fair skin (NC20) and gives me a very natural colour.

EDIT:
I've recently started getting into blush a lot more and have purchased a few higher end products. I find myself reaching for this more often than anything else. Didn't realize how great it was until I added variety.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2010 12:57:00 PM More reviews by takenu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this blush a lot. I don't like to look like im wearing makeup, I just want to make my face look a little brighter/more alive so I like how this looks pretty natural. I don't need to use much, and it goes on very nicely. It's a light enough color that I don't think you could mess up putting it on even if you're horrible at applying makeup. Another thing I like about it is that it has only a slight amount of shimmer, I don't like blush that makes me look like I rubbed glitter all over my cheeks. It's a great price and I think this color would look good on just about anyone (I have tan skin with yellow undertones). Plus the compact size is nice since I don't use the brushes that come with blushes anyway.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2010 10:57:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

So, I bought this bc i had been searching for dupes or cheap alternatives to favs of makeup addicts like me but unlike them, im pretty poor. So i always hear bout Nars blushes & the ever so famous 'Orgasm' & i saw that rimmel santa rose blush was a dupe for it. I kept eyeing it up then my local walmart changed to all new packaging so i thought id missed out bc some other older mono blushes arent available but thank goodness- Santa Rose is available!
=PRICE/AVAILABILITY=
The Rimmel Lasting Finish single blushes are available in most drugstores like CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid as well as some mass stores like Target & Walmart. This as well as price will vary depending on your location as well as sales, discounts, coupons, and deals. These are priced decently, ive seen them around $4-6 which i think is a fair price!
=SHADE/FORMULA/PERFORMANCE=
Santa Rose is a gorgeous coral peach pink blush. This has been compared to Nars Orgasm, which we all know is an universally flattering blush. This may be close, i dont own Nars so i cant tell you for sure but i do know, this blush is BEAUTIFUL!! i have very pale skin & this gives my cheeks a natural peach pink glow. There is some very finely milled neutral shimmer but it gives more of a sheen to skin. I prefer matte blushes but this one is just fine with me! With my pale skin, this gives me a healthy natural glow. The formula is soft, smooth, applies and blends so well. The blushes are pressed well but not to hard with no fillers. So these will apply well w/ any brush of choice. The blushes do wear for around 4-5 hrs before any fading occurs. If you have more oily skin, then id def suggest priming & maybe even pairing this w/ a cream blush that way, you will get better wear out of it. I have normal skin & i even use cream blushes underneath esp when i want my blushes to stay put for hours. I think they perform well esp considering ive had way worse. The blush can go on sheer or built up for more intensity. This is what i love about this blush, i dont have to worry about looking like i got a glob of blush on since the color & formula is perfect in a swipe of blush but still looks great if you build it up a little! This blush will be perfect for everyone, from the pale pretties to the bronzed beauties. Def can wear this year round with nearly any eye look as well. So yes, i def love this blush and wear it ALOT! since i can wear it summer, spring, fall winter and rock a neutral or smoky eyes! def a must have esp if you are looking for a blush similar to Orgasm & can never afford it like me!
=PACKAGING=
The Rimmel Lasting Finish Blendable Powder blushes come in a square like compact that can fit in the palm of my hands. This is made of hard plastic- the backing is black with labeling info & shade name can be found on the back as well. The top that snaps shut or pulls open has the rimmel logo on it as well. Its nice to see which blush is inside esp if you have more than one of these blushes. Inside they have included a brush which i think is useless but if you can use it, great! i wish they just give us more blush. The pan of blush takes up the rest of the compact. The pan is good size and it runs pretty deep. This contains .15oz of blush which is a good amount. What i love about most Rimmel products is the engravement of the Rimmel crown in the product which will eventually disappear with use. But i love it, its so cute! So the packaging is def updated. Its not the greatest but it works. These are small enough to fit into any bag/purse but contain a decent amount of blush. I havent made a dent in mine yet, the crown is still there.
Overall, I love Santa Rose! This blush will work for anyone and everyone & its gorgeous color and i def have got my use out of it! i can wear it year round and it always gives my cheeks such a beautiful glow! Its perfect! Will def repurchase if i ever get through it and recommend to anyone! esp those who are pale & are very wary of most blushes, this will work for you!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2010 7:51:00 PM More reviews by winwoodgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A light dusting of this blush and I'm good to go. It looks nice and natural on my fair skin tone. I put it on over my sunscreen and it lasts all day. Nice price too.