December 18, 2014 | 1716 users online

Eye Primer - NARS - Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by beautypiano

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

So I'm pretty sure this product is made of distilled angel's kisses and unicorn tears. Let me tell you of all the eyeshadow primers that have failed on me prior to this: Too Faced Shadow Insurance. Milani Eyeshadow Primer. Urban Decay Primer Potion. LORAC Behind the Scenes did help my shadow wear-time a little bit--but not much, and it still didn't do anything for cream shadows and gel liner. But this, now...this is the primer I have been searching for. Before this, my Maybelline Color Tattoo in Pomegranate Punk would crease on my eyelids after just forty minutes of wear; now it can go for eight hours and still look fresh and perfect. And that's just one example! No eyeshadow ever lasted more than two hours without showing beginning signs of creasing, but now they last up to 10 and still look as fresh as when they were applied.

Some comments about using this: the texture is extremely lightweight and dries down very quickly, unlike any other primer I've tried--the rest all had a slightly greasy texture. Because of this, you do NOT need to worry about using too much! When you put it on you absolutely need to make sure that it covers everywhere that your shadow or liner is going to go--which makes perfect sense if you think about it: how could a primer possibly keep your shadow on a patch of skin that you didn't actually apply the primer to? Err on the side of generosity with this product, since even if you have excess, it'll be easy to blend it into the skin and it'll dry quickly. Also, if you have extremely oily eyelids, it might be helpful to blot with a tissue or something before applying primer--the oil could prevent this primer from adhering and working like it's supposed to.

I could not possibly be happier with this product. I have never been able to wear eyeshadow before this, and now I actually can! It's a whole new world of colors and looks to explore, and I can only do it thanks to this primer. I will repurchase this forever and ever. <3

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by Lovemygold2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am very grateful to the lady I swapped with, who included the full size and some mini's which I have given to my sister (makeup novice). I have used Nar's products on/off over many years, I fell for the sleek packaging and the beautiful array of shades to suit all skin tones. The prices can be a little off putting and for an eye primer this is most certainly true, had I paid for the item this would have caused me GREAT upset. I do not have over oily lids, mine are not bone dry but normal and yet this product failed to help my eyeshadows to stay on. I used it with Yaby eyeshadow, Shu cream shadow and other brands and it did nothing! So I will not be forking out for this one : )

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by hellokittybrock

I personally think that this eye primer works the same as TFSI and UD. I see no difference in creasing after several hours. Dont waste your time on this product. To me my eye shadow continues to crease after few hrs. so I am gonna just buy the cheapest. I think its TFSI. anyway mine will still last another 1.5 yr min so I am returning the nars eye primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 5:21:00 AM More reviews by Itsheatherlol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product has such incredible staying power it must have been made by NASA.

First experience of this was when a NARS makeup artist made me up (TERRIBLY MIGHT I ADD). She used this on my eyelids before applying every shade of purple, grey, black, gold known to man (culimating in a puddley mess of YUCK). When I went back to work (yeah, she did this knowing I had to go back to work!) I literally scrubbed at my eyelids for ages to get the shadow off, but it wouldn't budge, even with the aid of water!

Had to use handcream in the end to remove it (no moisturiser to hand :(!) but despite my terrible NARS experience, this eye primer is absoloutely the best going. I am yet to buy but am definitely going to! I would totally reccommend.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese, the oiliest monolids the makeup industry has ever met.

Creasing by end of morning even on matte shadows. I bought a fresh tube at the recent Sephora VIB sale and been trying it w/ different shadows/finishes. I wanted to give this product another shake, since I tried it previously as a mini from a set 2 yrs ago. Still a fail.

Sticking w/ MUFE Eye Prime as my go-to in this price range.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Sookylala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Really great product! My makeup lasts the whole day and eyeshadows appear brigther in colour with the primer on. I have very oily eyelids and found that this product never made my eyeshadows crease. I used to use the Urban Decay primer potion but that was not suitable for my oily skin as it would always crease.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2013 11:01:00 AM More reviews by lonefreckle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the only eye primer I've found that works for my oily lids!

I mean, I must have been born with the oily eye gene, because this Nars primer still only works for me if I put a MAC paint pot immediately on top. But thankfully I finally found this solution!

Both products are really expensive, but really it's the only way I can wear eyeshadow without getting embarrassing white creases.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by canesfan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

At last - I have found my HG eye shadow & liner primer. I have tried them all - literally. From high-end to low-end, the well-known and the obscure: Urban Decay, Too Faced, Smashbox, Concrete Minerals, Tarte, Etude, Sephora, ELF, MUAC, just to name a few. None of them worked for me. Until now. Not only does my eye make-up actually stay on, it still looks great 15 hours later. Now when I wear make-up, I don't have to keep checking the mirror to pat away migrating or balled up remnants of shadow or bring an eyeliner pencil in my purse to retouch it. This is an amazing product, and I could not be more thrilled to have found it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2013 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Tartlette

I absolutely adore NARS eye primer and is by far my holy grail! My eye shadow has never lasted so long. The consistency is smooth and goes on as such. A light layer provides the perfect base. It does not add colour to my lids but that's fine because I'm not looking for that. I have repurchased and will continue to do so because it is fabulous. If you have oily eye lids like me, this is a must try.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2013 3:18:00 AM More reviews by carlablack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This primer DOES work (on me at least). I remember my eyeshadows lasting up to 15 hours with this (and then i removed my eye makeup so it could've lasted longer). But i have some issues with the formula aaand packaging (as usual with all NARS products).

Formula...if it makes eyeshadow last 15 hours, what's left to complain? I don't like the consistency of it. This is an eye product, meaning it will be distributed all over the delicate thin skin with fingers. It HAS to be more liquid than this! I have to thug and pull on the eye area every day with this primer. Not good in long term eh?

Second, ah yes, the packaging. I think NARS should redesign ALL of their packaging. It's way way worse than a regular drugstore brand. First off, this velvety texture they use on their products isn't useful at all; it gets dirty after a day of use. (especially the white parts) And the doe foot applicator? For an eye base? I wonder who came up with that idea :)

Formula should've been liquid and package should be just a simple tube (a black one with NARS logo). Although i love the staying power, i'll give other brands a go.