March 1, 2015 | 1097 users online

Eye Primer - NARS - Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 3:51:00 PM More reviews by riceboxes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have tried many primers including MAC's paintpots, UDPP, too faced shadow insurance but this was the best one!

It keeps my eyeshadow intact all day long and I like its texture!

However, I'm not a fan of the packaging...wish it came in a tube :(

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2014 11:46:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I got this in one of the Sephora 500 pts packages and I know this will sound silly but I just had a feeling that this would be the one product that I did not like. Lo and behold, it is the one product that I don't like. I have really oily eyelids and have been very loyal to the Urban Decay Primer Potion since it has worked amazingly for me since day one. I used this primer under a black and silver smokey eye that I wore to a New Years Eve party and I went to the washroom about halfway through the party, looked in the mirror and to my horror, my eyeshadow was all creased and has moved all over my eyelid. I tried it as well at a party on New Years day and the exact same result. I never have had this problem using UDPP. I definitely would not recommend, nor would I purchase it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2014 7:18:00 PM More reviews by Gradle

I purchased this to replace my Urban Decay Primer Potion based on the wonderful reviews. I am very disappointed in this product and will not repurchase. My eyeshadow creases horribly by the afternoon, almost as if I weren't wearing primer. I've tried using different amounts on my lids thinking I was using too much product, but nothing helps.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by soybones

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this eyeshadow primer. It kept my eyeshadow on all night and through the morning on New Years. My eyeshadow looked practically new after I woke up in my makeup (I know it's bad to do, but it was New Years haha), with only a tiny bit of intensity lost. I have quite oily lids and this product really helps preventing any movement of eyeshadow that would happen if I didn't use a primer.

For the quality of this product, I really don't mind the price. It's AU$39 but I got it from Sephora through a shipping company for the American price of US$24 (AU$26.85). If I were desperate and couldn't wait to do another order from America, I would possibly spend the full AU$39 - it's that good of a product.

I don't entirely like the packaging, or just NARS packaging in general, because of the matte finish; it makes it super easy to get grubby. It could also be better if it were in a squeeze tube instead so you can get every drop possible. Other than those two things to say, it's not bad packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 9:50:00 PM More reviews by enchantedlullaby87

I love this primer! I was using the UDPP for years but found my shadows were creasing after 4-6 hours. My eyelids are super oily so I had kind of given up. I figured I would try this stuff and I'm in love. My shadows don't move after a full day of work and going out after work. The texture is very silky and it dries completely clear. It is pricey so I will still use my udpp for shorter days.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by shahada

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Meh.

Without primer, my eyeshadow just disappears slowly. It doesn't crease, just slowly fades.

I bought it after reading Temptalia rave about it for so long and I'm super meh about it. It's nothing special - no extra long lasting eyeshadow power, doesn't give a white base so doesn't make eyeshadow pop more, etc. UD eye primer works much better on my normal eyelids.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by krcb4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is noticeably better than elf and urban decay. A little goes a long way! This keeps my lid and brow makeup unsmudged and uncreased for the long haul (I work 12 hour shifts). I got the deluxe sample then bought full size right away although the sample looks to last a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2013 7:22:00 PM More reviews by greenapple2013

I love this primer! I even prefer this one over the Urban Decay primer potion. It's super creamy and blendable.

Check out my tutorial using this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2013 4:35:00 AM More reviews by misspeke

Tried a few primers including urban decay and that failed on. Really happy that I only have a slight crease after a long hot humid day. This will be my go to eye primer for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 6:49:00 AM More reviews by audiblehush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the ONLY primer that I can say works on my super oily lids. I have tried various eye primers, from all different ends of the price spectrum: E.L.F., Urban Decay, Buxom, Lime Crime, and many others. NAR's pro-prime is the ONLY thing that has kept my eyeshadow on for 6+ hours, which is a LONG time for my hooded, oily lids.

I use the applicator to put primer on both my eyes, making sure it's an evenly spread out, and then set it with my face powder before actually applying my eyeshadow. It works like a dream!

I first got this in the sample size that came with NAR's "And God created the woman" palette, but it was such a great product that I went out and bought a full size. It's definitely pricer than I'd like, but since it works, I consider it an investment.