December 21, 2014 | 1636 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Almay - Non-Oily Eye Makeup Remover Pads

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2011 4:47:00 AM More reviews by pensopera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Almay Non-Oily Eye Makeup remover pads (120 pads for $7.99 usd) is a saturated cotton circle pads use to remove makeup. The products works great at removing my waterproof mascara and eyeliner without any pulling as long as I set the pads over my eyes for about 15 second. It is a gentle makeup remover as well, it have never sting or burn my eyes. It does leaves an oily residue just like in most eye remover but it is usually disappears after I would wash my face. The pads comes in a plastic cylinder package where the pads are stacked on top of each other. I find that the pads get used up more than using the liquid bottle one. Overall, if you want a gentle eye makeup remover that have already been prepared and ready to use, you might like Almay eye makeup remover.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2011 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Jdazzler15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

I actually enjoy this product. It does what it is supposed to & takes off my eye makeup. I only use these when I am wearing my eye makeup (my under eye concealer, eyeliner, & mascara). One pad per each eye does the trick for me. If I am wearing more than that I opt for another brand of a larger facial wipe. These pads smell good, do what they are supposed to, & are small enough to take when traveling. Recommend & will repurchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2011 11:59:00 AM More reviews by herbgurl82

Scratches my eyelids, and makes them feel like I have rubbed sandpaper across them! Ouch! I will stick with jojoba oil thank you very much.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2011 11:40:00 PM More reviews by druidzwolf

These used to be awesome years ago but I don't know if they changed or if I've gotten used to better eye make-up removers...

Even olive oil on cotton rounds are better than these. The pads are scratchy and too think to remove all the eye make-up on one eye. It takes off a later of eyeshadow and smears the rest around. It takes me multiple pads. With olive oil it only takes one round, MAYBE two per eye.

I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone. I gave it two lippies though b/c the packaging is wonderful :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2011 3:23:00 PM More reviews by sarah2202

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My HG! I have had these on hand all the time for about 9 years now.

I really dislike using regular sized cotton pads on my eyes b/c it's too hard to be precise in my m/u removal. With regular pads, I feel I need to use too much product and it ends up burning my eyes, or I need to use q-tips afterwards. I don't really get how people can live without these thin pads!

These pads are thin enough to eliminate the need for a q-tip (unless I am wearing lots of liner on my lower lashline). The remover that they come soaked in is fine and it doesn't sting my eyes at all. But since I rarely wear eye m/u (I've had the same package for over a year) sometimes some extra moisture is needed, so I usually add makeup remover to the pads for some extra power.

I basically buy these for the pads (not the remover) I can see how these would be too small for those who wear heavy makeup, but for me they are perfect. On those nights that I do wear heavy eye mu, I just use an extra pad or two, no big deal.

Update Dec 16.11: Since I've only been wearing eye mu ~1/mnth this past year, I didn't buy the pads. Whenever I do wear mu, I find removing it such a hassle with those regular cotton pads or a cloth. I find there is always mu left over and there is too much tugging. Going to Wal-Mart to pick up another container of Almay!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2011 1:08:00 PM More reviews by natablue

These were sitting on the shelf at my local grocery store, right next to the Neutrogena eye makeup remover pads.
Twice the number of pads for less money? Sign me up!
Only now I understand why.

These pads are so thin and tiny it's hard to hold onto them. One pad barely gets the job done - it removes shadow easily, but eyeliner and mascara are a bit tougher. I usually end up using two pads per eye - one to take everything off the lid, and the second to clean up the mess that's left under my eyes.

The pads at the top of the container were kind of dried out, but they're becoming more moist as I make my way through them. Storing the jar upside-down might fix this.

What I do like about them is the fact that they're not oily like some eyemakep removers, and don't leave behind a residue - but it does leave behind makeup.

I'll use these until my container is gone, but I won't buy them again - next time I'll reach for the Neutrogena.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2011 2:25:00 PM More reviews by lunalove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love these, I have oily skin and hate the eyemakeup removers that leave an oily film behind that irritates my eyes- these do not leave you oily at all! It takes me one pad per eye, I would say these are for eye makeup removal, not for your whole face. I always take out my contacts, use 2 of these to remove my eye makeup and then wash my face as I normally do. Voila! No raccoon eyes, no oily film! When you first purchase though, you do have to stand the container on its head to get the solution to soak the top pads as well.
EDIT: I have since found a better MU remover, this one didnt remove everything as well and did sometimes sting my eyes a little bit

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2011 10:14:00 AM More reviews by angel411

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Total Dissapointment. Leaves under eye makeup that is really hard to get off. Raccon eyes! It removes eye shadow nicely, but has a hard time with eyeliner and mascara. I've lost a few eyelashes with the constant dabbing. Definetly can't remove my waterproof mascara. The individual eye pads is a nice concept, but doesn't work. The remover solution sinks to the bottom of the jar, so you need to constantly flip the jar over every day to keep all the pads moist. I'll be going back to my cvs eye makeup remover. Same price, much more effective.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2011 1:39:00 PM More reviews by calles2

This is my favorite eye makeup remover ever! I have sensitive skin and I wear contacts. It removes my eye makeup so well. I never wake up with raccoon eyes anymore. It is gentle for the sensitive skin around your eyes. AMAZING.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2011 12:32:00 PM More reviews by mellaril

I bought these because I was looking for something different from what I had been using. They were cheap and had been rated #1 for something or other so I gave it a go.

These pads are so tiny and thin I could barely hold them to use them. They don't even really cover the eyesocket area. Additionally, I had a hard time getting my make up off and ended up using 3 or 4 pads. Perhaps I've been spoiled by the Neutrogena eye pads.

I'm speaking exclusively about eye makeup removal here because there is no way I could have removed all of my makeup with these pads. I'd have used half the package. I'll be trying something different next time