November 23, 2014 | 2124 users online

Blush - MAC - Sheertone Blush in Blushbaby

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2011 11:13:00 PM More reviews by inndria

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my first MAC blush and totally fell in love with it!
I'm an NC30 asian and the color is so perfect for my everyday natural look. It gives me just the right amount of color on my cheeks.
I have very oily skin and sometimes a few dry patches, but like any other MAC products that i own, it won't accentuate those dry patches!

It has a matte finish so if i want to achieve a more shimmer or dewy look, i would dab a little liquid highlighter like high beam before applying the blush or simply apply glow powder over it.

However, due to the sheer color, i don't think it will suit people with much more darker color because they will not 'pop'. Also, if you're looking to achieve dramatic and bold look, this is not the blush for you.

The reason i won't repurchase is that the blush will last me a long time!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2011 6:44:00 PM More reviews by aznbunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not surprising most reviewers here are medium and warm-toned. I'm NW20 and have a lot of redness on my cheeks, but my foundation covers it pretty well. Anyway, it doesn't work on me. It's too ruddy and muddy! I wanted Blushbaby because it looked similar to my DIor 849, but Blushbaby definitely has more brown in it. The pinkness is barely visible as all that shows up, albeit still nude, is BROWN. Time for a refund!

P.S. As for the packaging I don't know why there are so many complaints. No mirror + no brush is fine with me. I actually like the simplistic packaging.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2011 12:05:00 AM More reviews by nattygrace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm N5 and Blushbaby is a fabulous neutral blush. Goes with everything. Understated but noticeable. I actually found out about this blush by asking a friend what she was wearing bc her cheeks were so nicely sculpted. I'd recommend it to any fair-medium girl looking for a go-to blush for everything. I'm scraping the sides of my pan. Time to get a new one :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2011 7:16:00 PM More reviews by PaperAlias

I think I found my HG everyday blush! For reference, I am NC20-25, yellow undertones, oily, acne-prone.

This is a pretty muted beige-pink with a Sheertone finish. This is perfect for when I want a little bit of warmth and color on my cheeks, without looking like I have that obvious "pop-of-color-blush" on. On me, it's like a blush-bronzer in one; it has the warmth of a bronzer without the orange / brown undertone, and the slightest pinkish hint of a blush while still looking completely natural. It really does look like a natural flush, instead of that red / pink doll-cheeked effect.

I love the versatility of this. I can pair this with pretty much any color lip and eye. So easy to apply, and it blends beautifully without blotching or caking. It applies very soft and sheer, so you don't really need to worry about being too heavy handed. I have an oily complexion, so I like to put this over a setting powder (I use MAC Blot) and it stays put all day. Pigmentation is great, and buildable. It doesn't change color or fade. And it hasn't given my acne-sensitive skin any breakouts.

I like the clear cover on the compact, although I think it would be easier to store if it were completely flat, rather than convex. Not a big deal though.

$19.50 on the MAC website. Yes, a little bit pricey for a drugstore girl like me.

If you're looking for a dramatic, vibrant cheek color, this isn't going to be it. But if you want a nice everyday blush that's very versatile, natural-looking, and easy to apply, I highly recommend this one! A great makeup staple.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2011 8:52:00 PM More reviews by demmie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is what I use for that "everyday" look. It's very sheer, and it does look great on just about every skintone. I use this and Benefit's Dandelion to get that "fresh-faced" look when I just don't wanna bother with makeup. Not too shimmery, not too matte. Absolutely works!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2011 4:02:00 AM More reviews by Champacotaco

I bought this blush years ago and never really used it much. I just rediscovered it when I cleaned up my makeup stash and tried it on. I remember why I bought it in the first place I LOVE IT, especially layered with Cheeky Bronze MSF. It's just the right amount of peachy pink even on my tan skin. LOVE IT.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2011 11:31:00 PM More reviews by krysiaheartsbeauty

I remember this being the very first blush I got from MAC when I was about 12 or 13. Now I am 16 and I am still repurchasing this blush to this day.Yes I love shimmery peachy blushes and they look nice but for a more natural look this is AMAZING!Somebody said this in a review already but it basicallly looks like your cheeks, but better.It looks matte though, but if you look closely, you can see just really tiny spread out shimmers that are not noticable AT ALL when you wear this blush. When you put it on it looks totally matte and it just makes you look like you are just naturally rosy. As well, you can also easily build this up for a more pinky look, so it is somewhat versitile.Overall I love this blush and will keep on repurchasing this until the day they discontinue it>I would reccomend this to younger girls, just starting out with makeup, because you dont want to look like you mixed pink lipstickk and glitter together then put it on your cheeks.
Hope this helped!:)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2011 12:29:00 AM More reviews by saral15

i bought this because the MA said it would be good for a natural look and it does do that. it looks like someone just pinched your cheeks but it shows up kinda reddish on my skin.. if youre trying to cover up redness i do not recomend this. i do use it sometimes but i dont think ill purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2011 8:11:00 PM More reviews by queijada

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is my "your cheeks but better" blush. It has a silky, matte finish somewhere between a warm & cool tone--I can see how it would look great on a lot of people. The only challenge is that I have oily cheeks & have to reapply. It's a great, everyday choice.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2011 4:01:00 PM More reviews by DottySarah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

NC42 MAC/ Honey in Bobbi Brown Indian Asian skin.

Great colour for my skin. Makes me look fresh instantly and goes perfectly with pink lipstick. Great for Indian skin tones as i did some long research before i bought this!