MAC Sheertone Blush in Blushbaby

4.5

on 7/31/2011 5:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't have a lot of blushes but I decided to buy this one because of all the rave reviews and I'm glad I did. It is definitely a "my cheeks but better" and more defined kind of look. I like that I don't have to worry about matching it to my eye or lip color. This is good for those of you like myself who don't feel the need to but so many blushes and just want one to do the job and make you look good doing it.

Blushbaby is my new go to blush when I'm on the run or don't want to do a full on face. Perfect for a wide range of skintones in my opinion. In the pan it looks like a basic pinkish beige hue....nothing special. I've passed on it so many times thinking "Well its so plain, why would anyone buy it?" I was very wrong! It's very natural, perfect for a classic girl who doesn't want to look like she's wearing makeup. It doesn't overwhelm my face or look like I'm wearing blush. I'm loyal to MAC blushes. My favourite blush, Strada was discontinued two summers ago. It's been impossible to find a substitute. Blushbaby comes close even thought it isn't as pigmented as Strada. My mum and I are two different skin tones, she's more of an Olive skinned tone with a yellow undertone and I'm a NC25 (with a tan NC30/35) most of my blushes are way too much on my mom who likes to be more subtle and natural. So she purchased, Blushbaby! It looks great on her but as well on my skin tone which is lighter. I've been sneaking it for months now... it's the most amazing colour & since it is a sheertone it gives a hint of colour but it is so subtle that you really can't tell. You can build this up if you want more colour. I really adore this blush, I usually contour but since using Blushbaby I don't contour anymore. The blush on it's own is amazing. Gives you just an nice natural radiant colour. If you are new to makeup & blush give Blushbaby a try especially if you don't want to stand out. I had to purchase my own since my mom is away for the next 4 months & took it with her. I can't wait 4 months to use this, I needed it in my pro-palette!

on 7/20/2011 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This is my first MAC blush and totally fell in love with it!
I'm an NC30 asian and the color is so perfect for my everyday natural look. It gives me just the right amount of color on my cheeks.
I have very oily skin and sometimes a few dry patches, but like any other MAC products that i own, it won't accentuate those dry patches!

It has a matte finish so if i want to achieve a more shimmer or dewy look, i would dab a little liquid highlighter like high beam before applying the blush or simply apply glow powder over it.

However, due to the sheer color, i don't think it will suit people with much more darker color because they will not 'pop'. Also, if you're looking to achieve dramatic and bold look, this is not the blush for you.

The reason i won't repurchase is that the blush will last me a long time!

on 7/20/2011 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Not surprising most reviewers here are medium and warm-toned. I'm NW20 and have a lot of redness on my cheeks, but my foundation covers it pretty well. Anyway, it doesn't work on me. It's too ruddy and muddy! I wanted Blushbaby because it looked similar to my DIor 849, but Blushbaby definitely has more brown in it. The pinkness is barely visible as all that shows up, albeit still nude, is BROWN. Time for a refund!

P.S. As for the packaging I don't know why there are so many complaints. No mirror + no brush is fine with me. I actually like the simplistic packaging.

on 7/16/2011 12:05:00 AM

I'm N5 and Blushbaby is a fabulous neutral blush. Goes with everything. Understated but noticeable. I actually found out about this blush by asking a friend what she was wearing bc her cheeks were so nicely sculpted. I'd recommend it to any fair-medium girl looking for a go-to blush for everything. I'm scraping the sides of my pan. Time to get a new one :)

on 7/9/2011 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think I found my HG everyday blush! For reference, I am NC20-25, yellow undertones, oily, acne-prone.

This is a pretty muted beige-pink with a Sheertone finish. This is perfect for when I want a little bit of warmth and color on my cheeks, without looking like I have that obvious "pop-of-color-blush" on. On me, it's like a blush-bronzer in one; it has the warmth of a bronzer without the orange / brown undertone, and the slightest pinkish hint of a blush while still looking completely natural. It really does look like a natural flush, instead of that red / pink doll-cheeked effect.

I love the versatility of this. I can pair this with pretty much any color lip and eye. So easy to apply, and it blends beautifully without blotching or caking. It applies very soft and sheer, so you don't really need to worry about being too heavy handed. I have an oily complexion, so I like to put this over a setting powder (I use MAC Blot) and it stays put all day. Pigmentation is great, and buildable. It doesn't change color or fade. And it hasn't given my acne-sensitive skin any breakouts.

I like the clear cover on the compact, although I think it would be easier to store if it were completely flat, rather than convex. Not a big deal though.

$19.50 on the MAC website. Yes, a little bit pricey for a drugstore girl like me.

If you're looking for a dramatic, vibrant cheek color, this isn't going to be it. But if you want a nice everyday blush that's very versatile, natural-looking, and easy to apply, I highly recommend this one! A great makeup staple.

on 6/21/2011 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium

This is what I use for that "everyday" look. It's very sheer, and it does look great on just about every skintone. I use this and Benefit's Dandelion to get that "fresh-faced" look when I just don't wanna bother with makeup. Not too shimmery, not too matte. Absolutely works!

on 6/19/2011 4:02:00 AM

I bought this blush years ago and never really used it much. I just rediscovered it when I cleaned up my makeup stash and tried it on. I remember why I bought it in the first place I LOVE IT, especially layered with Cheeky Bronze MSF. It's just the right amount of peachy pink even on my tan skin. LOVE IT.

I remember this being the very first blush I got from MAC when I was about 12 or 13. Now I am 16 and I am still repurchasing this blush to this day.Yes I love shimmery peachy blushes and they look nice but for a more natural look this is AMAZING!Somebody said this in a review already but it basicallly looks like your cheeks, but better.It looks matte though, but if you look closely, you can see just really tiny spread out shimmers that are not noticable AT ALL when you wear this blush. When you put it on it looks totally matte and it just makes you look like you are just naturally rosy. As well, you can also easily build this up for a more pinky look, so it is somewhat versitile.Overall I love this blush and will keep on repurchasing this until the day they discontinue it>I would reccomend this to younger girls, just starting out with makeup, because you dont want to look like you mixed pink lipstickk and glitter together then put it on your cheeks.
Hope this helped!:)

on 6/15/2011 12:29:00 AM

i bought this because the MA said it would be good for a natural look and it does do that. it looks like someone just pinched your cheeks but it shows up kinda reddish on my skin.. if youre trying to cover up redness i do not recomend this. i do use it sometimes but i dont think ill purchase again.

Popular Blush Products