August 29, 2014 | 1729 users online

Powder - Jane Iredale - Pure Pressed Base

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2012 1:18:00 PM More reviews by ClaireBear728

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I work at a spa that carries the Jane Iredale line and I have been very impressed with all of the products I have used. I wear the pressed base in the Radiant shade and I couldnt be happier with how it looks and covers. It is also a convenient product, in the fact that it is a powder, concealer, foundation, and sunscreen all in one. Yes, it is a bit more pricey than some brands, however it is worth it because it does cover well and is made from all natural, organic ingredients. For people who find that they do not get enough coverage, they may be using the powder incorrectly. You are supposed to either use a nice sponce (Jane Iredale makes an incredible, inexpensive one that can be reused) or a flat-topped brush. Dont use a round top brush (like a blush brush or kabuki brush) because this can put TOO much powder on your skin and waste the product. If you use a moisturizer first, apply the powder, and use the hydration spray after, you should find that the coverage is great, but not a heavy feel. I definitely will continue to use this product forever and I recommend it to everyone!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2012 12:50:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

This didn't do anything for my skin. I wouldn't wear this as a powder foundation because there isn't much coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by untakenname1000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

HG foundation for me, I have used this for years and love it! I have very sensitive and breakout prone skin and i mean VERY breakout prone like if the wind blows the wrong way I break out lol. This powder has awsome coverage and you can use a concealor brush to fully cover problem areas completly. This powder is expensive but totally worth it, you get what you pay for.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Slavisa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wear Latte in this product and it has fantastic coverage for acne affected skin like my own.

I don't like to use too much make up during the week as I hate the feeling on my skin, but I find this very light and wearable.

I apply with the JI Handi Brush!

The packaging could be cuter, but I guess it doesn't really matter, as long as the product works!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by hippodeem

great product!!! super smooth, flawless look, not too thick, lmedium coverage, and great sunscreen -spf 20, but just so pricey.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2012 5:50:00 PM More reviews by liteenie

At first, I couldn't figure out how to get better coverage so I wasn't liking this powder very much. I was using synthetic flat top brushes. Then I switched to Physician's Formula Bambuki Brush and like magic, I found the finish and coverage I was looking for. I don't recommend that brush because it sheds like crazy and leaves bristles on my face but I definitely know what type of brush to use from now on. I rely on this for an extra boost of SPF over my sunscreen, especially if I need to powder down a greasy sunscreen like Vanicream. I have this in Golden Glow, which I purchased when my skin was a few shades darker. However, the color is still working for my okay on my winter shade (I would guess MAC NC20/25). So it's nice that it blends well with my skintone as it fluctuates a few shades. If I repurchase (I would repurchase if I run out but I never run out of products haha), I'll probably go for a lighter warm shade. If you can, find a local salon that carries this line and match your color. The packaging is luxurious but I'm so afraid to drop it, it's rather heavy.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2012 9:14:00 PM More reviews by buzz22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this Powder!!! I am yet to come across any powder better than this so far as it's so light on the skin yet it has great coverage. The minerals in this also do good things for your skin and since wearing this product, Ive found I dont break out like I have with others. Although I paid around $90-$100 Nzd for this I find it lasts me a long time and you can always just buy the refill for around $80.00. Cant say enough good things about this product so give it a go!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2012 7:10:00 AM More reviews by sophia1984422

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love my everyday minerals foundation but it's such a disaster try to travel with u cuz it will go everywhere. This product comes in handy to travel with and for touch up. But unfortunately it is only sold in spas here in Australia and it's too expensive almost double the price of selling in the states which is already quite pricey. I so could not afford to get the wrong color so I purchased a light skin starter kit from strawberry net to match the color and get the feel of it. I have to say that I love it so much for the coverage, lightness and both 2 colors from the kit fits my skin quite well.
Then I ordered the compact and it is so well packed,sleek yet classy, I carry it everywhere with me and now I find myself can't live without it. The only down side is that it's way too expensive compare to other mineral foundation but I just couldn't find anything that's even close. I will keep looking for cheaper substitutes but until then this is the go to product for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2012 12:48:00 AM More reviews by softbomb

Another 'I wanted to like this product ' sob story...

Shade selection could have been a headache given that it's not widely available in stores; luckily there's medical spa near my old work so I got to test drive the shades in person.

The esthetician at the medical spa place who helped me wore 50 lbs of make-up herself so I was a bit hesitant on taking her advice and letting her match my skin. After a mini tug of war, I decided on the slightly pale for my skin Warm Sienna shade ( at that point I applied my powder directly after/on top of my heavy moisturizer; the too pale shade oxidized to better match my skin, i.e i used this like a wet/dry foundation).

I was able to swap for this product and boy am I glad I swapped my EL Night Repair rather than shelling out the 50 some odd dollars for this.

This is one of the worst, if not THE worst powders I've ever used. The shade while a nice match, could not hide the product's heavy, chalky, uneven application. I tried to cut the masky, powdery effect by setting with water as I normally do but this made matters worse; it just looked blotchier. I was bewildered.

Despite all of my efforts this extremely unflattering mask-like finish resulted in minimal coverage pay-off! I tried this as a straight powder and results were just as lackluster and frustrating. WAAAAY over-hyped and over-priced. Definite waste of time/money.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 11:45:00 AM More reviews by crb1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Over 50 (ok, I'm 52), sensitive-oily-prone-acne-scared old Crone here. I lurve this beautiful stuff. (BTW, I do not own the highly touted brush that goes with it...I just reached for my nearest tightly-bound-bristled face brush.) This stuff looks amazing on my huge-pored skin. It just does. Goes on like a dream, for me anyway. I love it a lot, well, in a makeup-y way.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No