December 21, 2014 | 997 users online

Powder - Jane Iredale - Pure Pressed Base

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2012 5:28:00 PM More reviews by taylor105516

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have fair, very sensitive, red, acne-prone skin -- basically the worst combination. I wanted to try a natural product that would help my skin breathe. Instead, I ended up with this crap. It is the worst waste of $50 that I have ever spent. By the end of the day my pores were clogged and enlarged. As is that wasn't bad enough my face began to glisten even more so; I didn't even know that was possible.

I will not be repurchasing this expensive product again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by cardinalfire

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

No. How is this product for sensitive skin? I wore this one day. The coverage is light-medium. In a few hours, it both clogged (dimethicone?) and irritated (extracts?) my skin. I gave it one lippie for the broad color selection and decent finish. If you are sensitive and acne-prone, I would stay away from this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Senikxy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is amazing!!!! I'm using it with a mac I87 and it applies like a dream :) I use mac studio fix powder in nc30 and wanted a neutral tone with JI so bought satin.. Lovely colour and tbh with this powder I think you could get away with different shades. I've ordered the handi brush and can't wait to use it! Another thing that I really can not believe is I actually use it with a benefit concealer brush I have to apply under my eyes! It doesn't crease or cake up!! Plus my fine lines are invisible :) HI normally wear a liquid concealer diorskin nude and won't be using it again!! With liquid concealers it makes under eyes shiny so I think it makes dark circle more noticeable but with this powder it doesn't!
I did get a little shine on cheeks, nose, chin, forehead so might try a little bb cream on those parts then see how it goes. Im not bothered about the shine though.
The powder is expensive but worth it.. Reviews from others are using the word chalky and I think maybe they are using a too light colour?
Also do not buff, just stroke downwards.
Will update if any problems :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2012 4:51:00 PM More reviews by ellka

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I went without makeup for years because even tho I need to cover redness, all foundations created issues that were worse than just leaving the redness. This is the only one I have ever used that 1) covers rosacea redness on t-zone 2) doesn't settle into lines 3) doesn't cake 4) doesn't flake/dry out 5) doesn't transfer once set.
I have also used origins liquid which is nice, but transfer is a huge problem and coverage is much thicker/heavier.
I apply with flocked sponge to red areas, then lighter app with their handi brush to rest of face, neck. spritz with d20. i generally find it too drying to use as under eye concealer, but otherwise it's perfection. It is best when applied on top of a light moisturizer (dream tint on top of your usual stuff) or wait for moisturizer to soak in for a few minutes before applying, otherwise it could stick to moisturizer and get cakey.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2012 11:39:00 AM More reviews by KatieBeautyTime

I recently changed over to trying some mineral foundation and i couldn't believe how great it was.
My skin has cleared up as i was prone to a few break outs here and there and it also gives an amazing coverage.
the thing i love most is that you can't feel it on your skin because it is that light.
I team it up with Dream Tint moisturizer so it applies evenly and leaves a more flawless finish.
I would defiantly recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Nataliashmalia

I love this product - I have been using it for about 5 years now. I always get compliments on my skin when I use this foundation! Its never broke me out and was actually recommended to me by my dermatologist (who does not sell it at her practice but uses it herself)... I love that I can buy refills instead of buying new packaging every time. My absolute fave!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 8:58:00 AM More reviews by saraht90

I've been using this foundation since I was 16 years old, and I'm now 21. It's the best foundation I've ever used. I have quite wide pores, and this foundation conceals them wonderfully! It makes my skin look perfect, I love it! Would definitely recommend to anyone, especially people with problem skin. It is expensive, but so worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2012 1:18:00 PM More reviews by ClaireBear728

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I work at a spa that carries the Jane Iredale line and I have been very impressed with all of the products I have used. I wear the pressed base in the Radiant shade and I couldnt be happier with how it looks and covers. It is also a convenient product, in the fact that it is a powder, concealer, foundation, and sunscreen all in one. Yes, it is a bit more pricey than some brands, however it is worth it because it does cover well and is made from all natural, organic ingredients. For people who find that they do not get enough coverage, they may be using the powder incorrectly. You are supposed to either use a nice sponce (Jane Iredale makes an incredible, inexpensive one that can be reused) or a flat-topped brush. Dont use a round top brush (like a blush brush or kabuki brush) because this can put TOO much powder on your skin and waste the product. If you use a moisturizer first, apply the powder, and use the hydration spray after, you should find that the coverage is great, but not a heavy feel. I definitely will continue to use this product forever and I recommend it to everyone!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2012 12:50:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

This didn't do anything for my skin. I wouldn't wear this as a powder foundation because there isn't much coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by untakenname1000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

HG foundation for me, I have used this for years and love it! I have very sensitive and breakout prone skin and i mean VERY breakout prone like if the wind blows the wrong way I break out lol. This powder has awsome coverage and you can use a concealor brush to fully cover problem areas completly. This powder is expensive but totally worth it, you get what you pay for.