Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Cleanser

3.0

Water Purified, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium C12-15 Pareth-15 Sulfonate, Salicylic Acid, Linoleamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol, FD&C Yellow 5, FD&C Red 40, Fragrance 5/29/09

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

A cleanser i used waaaay back in the days, and it made my then oily skin oilier. It leaves a squeaky clean feeling, skin feels a little tight. I had to stop using it 'cos I felt it was stripping my skin of all moisture and it didn't make me feeling comfortable after cleansing.

on 4/9/2011 1:31:00 PM

I have combo/oily skin esp on my tzone and around my nose. Neutrogena Deep Clean is very good at cleansing but way too harsh for my skin, especially in drier environments.

It completely dries my skin out - my cheeks, the area around my mouth, sides of forehead always need a good slathering of moisturizer after I use this cleanser. It removes make up relatively well but makes my face feel tight and dried out afterwards. I have had similar experiences with Clean and Clear morning burst and Cetaphil for normal to oily.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Well, it smells pleasant and lathers up very well. It doesn't dry out my skin and I use it like 3 times a day! My acne has really cleared up.

on 3/12/2011 6:41:00 PM

For some reason, my skin absolutely loves many of Neutrogena's products. I'm sure it would marry Neutrogena if it had the chance. Anyway, using Neutrogena Deep Clean a few times per week seems to have helped improve my skin a lot. This (which removes dead skin cells) combined with Garnier Moisture Rescue gel (which moisturizes, obviously) eliminated my winter dry flaky skin patches!

Reviews of cleansers are obviously subjective, but here's what the results were like for me. Unlike other cleansers, it leaves my skin feeling *completely* clean and free of makeup, and fresher with fewer dead skin cells, without causing dryness/tightness (I use moisturizer right after, though) or leaving behind a residue - not to mention not burning or breaking me out or otherwise irritating my skin. While hydroxy acid face creams typically burn my skin, apparently having them on my face in cleanser form is long enough for them to do their job and purify my skin a bit without irritating it.

It cleans better than Neutrogena's other cleanser I use, One-Step Gentle Cleanser, but I use that one more often because I don't want to push my luck with this product as it's not as gentle. Deep Clean cleanser contains salycilic acid and other harsh ingredients, and some here have said it dries out their non-oily skin. So far it has not irritated or dried out my skin, even though it is combination/prone to dryness in the winter; but again, I don't want to push my luck.

on 3/5/2011 10:55:00 PM

When I first tried this product, it dried out my skin sooo bad and made it so itchy, I was afraid I wasted my money. I read some of the reviews on here and some users we saying that you have to use it for more than a week to see results, (it took two weeks for me) and to get your skin used to the product. It worked! My skin looks flawless now, I love it. Although, it still tends to dry out my skin a bit, but its nothing a little lotion can't help!
Im happy with my purchase

on 2/22/2011 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Overall: This product is a No NO!

I have oily skin and this stuff dried me up like crazy! It also smells funky and the packaging is eww. lol :P No wonder why it's soo cheap:
It's packed full of chemicals and strips your skin, and does NOTHING for you.

:O

on 2/22/2011 3:35:00 PM

I used to love this stuff.... when i was 14... It was great at first but it dried out my face pretty badly... I tried to give it a second chance but sadly, it still dried my face out... Will not repurchase...

I bought this product when I ran out of my olay cleanser, having used Neutrogena before, and thinking it wouldn't vary too greatly from other deep cleanser i've used. After the first night of using this I woke up the next morning to find that one of my eyelids was swollen, i didn't know what had caused it though, and figured it might just be from sleeping on my face weirdly. But, then I used the face wash again that night and woke the next morning to find my whole face red, extremely swollen, dry, and itchy. After doing some research I found that this has happend to a number of other people with this product, so I would say be wary of this product if you have sensitive skin.

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Great cleanser for oily skin or if you wear heavy makeup. Can be a bit drying. The smell is ok.

on 1/23/2011 11:14:00 PM

I have been using this product for a few weeks now and I do have to say, it works wonders for my disgustingly oily skin. It did make my chin area dry and flaky for about two days, but after that I was fine. Normally after a few hours my skin would be oily again, but with this cleanser it isn't. I only use it once a day, in the AM, and use another product at night to wash my face, but its really helping keep my skin clear. The packaging is great for the shower, and one pump is all you need. It is a little harsh, but if you don't have oily skin, you probably shouldn't use this product. My face feels very clean after using. I don't notice the smell that most reviewers complain about. Would def repurchase!