Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Cleanser

3.0

Water Purified, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium C12-15 Pareth-15 Sulfonate, Salicylic Acid, Linoleamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol, FD&C Yellow 5, FD&C Red 40, Fragrance 5/29/09

on 7/15/2011 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

my face dried up instantly the next day. my lower lip was itching too.i even grew this ugly acne with disgusting white stuff coming out of it. i also got these allergy (i think) scars near both my eye. i instantly stopped. i am making a solemn promise to myself to never buy this again.

on 7/13/2011 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Didn't work very well for me, but my friend loves it. It helped clear up her acne and it really made her face much smoother, and less red and irritated.

For me, it just left my skin bare, and ugly feeling.

I hated it, she loved it.

on 6/15/2011 9:27:00 PM

it dries the skin pretty bad but i don't really mind since my skin is really oily either way. but it works wonders on the back. i usually use this for the body nowadays.

on 6/15/2011 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I started using this product a week ago and found that it really cleared my skin up. However, the past few days I've noticed flaking around the corners of my mouth and around my nose. I've also been experiencing some stinging on my face whenever I sweat during my workout. So now my skin is clear, but itchy and flaky. I'm pretty sure its the salicylic acid.

Any one know of any other deep cleaning cleansers that DON'T use salicylic acid? OR does anyone know of any product that will treat the flakiness around my nose and mouth?

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

A cleanser i used waaaay back in the days, and it made my then oily skin oilier. It leaves a squeaky clean feeling, skin feels a little tight. I had to stop using it 'cos I felt it was stripping my skin of all moisture and it didn't make me feeling comfortable after cleansing.

on 4/9/2011 1:31:00 PM

I have combo/oily skin esp on my tzone and around my nose. Neutrogena Deep Clean is very good at cleansing but way too harsh for my skin, especially in drier environments.

It completely dries my skin out - my cheeks, the area around my mouth, sides of forehead always need a good slathering of moisturizer after I use this cleanser. It removes make up relatively well but makes my face feel tight and dried out afterwards. I have had similar experiences with Clean and Clear morning burst and Cetaphil for normal to oily.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Well, it smells pleasant and lathers up very well. It doesn't dry out my skin and I use it like 3 times a day! My acne has really cleared up.

on 3/12/2011 6:41:00 PM

For some reason, my skin absolutely loves many of Neutrogena's products. I'm sure it would marry Neutrogena if it had the chance. Anyway, using Neutrogena Deep Clean a few times per week seems to have helped improve my skin a lot. This (which removes dead skin cells) combined with Garnier Moisture Rescue gel (which moisturizes, obviously) eliminated my winter dry flaky skin patches!

Reviews of cleansers are obviously subjective, but here's what the results were like for me. Unlike other cleansers, it leaves my skin feeling *completely* clean and free of makeup, and fresher with fewer dead skin cells, without causing dryness/tightness (I use moisturizer right after, though) or leaving behind a residue - not to mention not burning or breaking me out or otherwise irritating my skin. While hydroxy acid face creams typically burn my skin, apparently having them on my face in cleanser form is long enough for them to do their job and purify my skin a bit without irritating it.

It cleans better than Neutrogena's other cleanser I use, One-Step Gentle Cleanser, but I use that one more often because I don't want to push my luck with this product as it's not as gentle. Deep Clean cleanser contains salycilic acid and other harsh ingredients, and some here have said it dries out their non-oily skin. So far it has not irritated or dried out my skin, even though it is combination/prone to dryness in the winter; but again, I don't want to push my luck.

on 3/5/2011 10:55:00 PM

When I first tried this product, it dried out my skin sooo bad and made it so itchy, I was afraid I wasted my money. I read some of the reviews on here and some users we saying that you have to use it for more than a week to see results, (it took two weeks for me) and to get your skin used to the product. It worked! My skin looks flawless now, I love it. Although, it still tends to dry out my skin a bit, but its nothing a little lotion can't help!
Im happy with my purchase

on 2/22/2011 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Overall: This product is a No NO!

I have oily skin and this stuff dried me up like crazy! It also smells funky and the packaging is eww. lol :P No wonder why it's soo cheap:
It's packed full of chemicals and strips your skin, and does NOTHING for you.

:O