October 1, 2014 | 1893 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 1:53:00 AM More reviews by Drinabambina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this for a good year now it's perfect in the summer time if you have very oily skin because it does have somewhat of a drying affect I can't say that it has helped or prevented break outs but I can say it has not caused them love this line

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2013 8:40:00 PM More reviews by seannetta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I mostly like this, but would like something better. It has pretty good medium coverage, blends pretty well, and doesn't make me break out. But on the other hand, it hasn't improved my acne, is a bit dry, and also a wee bit yellow for my skin. Decent, in other words, and I've been relying on it lately, but I'm still on the hunt for something a little less drying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by akneil

This is a great foundation. If you have acne and scarring, TRY THIS!!!
I would especially recommend it for oily skin. (But if your skin is dry, moisturize and you'll be fine. My skin is dry but I don't have a problem with it if i moisturize). It goes on nicely (dries a little fast - probably due to the salicylic acid), has medium-heavy coverage and lasts a long time. It dries to a matte finish and looks pretty nice on my skin.

The coverage is VERY build-able so it covers acne and scars VERY well! I build the coverage up with a beauty blender, concentrating more on my acne scars. Sometimes it helps to let the first layer sit for a minute and then continue with a second layer. Then I used Mac Studio Fix powder foundation and my face is flawless. It's seriously a life saver. I don't use concealer when I wear this foundation, I just don't need to.

As far as acne goes, I don't think it makes a huge difference for my acne. Maybe a little bit. It definitely doesn't make it worse, which is a big plus, and i feel comfortable using this directly on my acne.

The packaging is hygienic and is nice for travelling because its small, plastic and light.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by kaymsmith316

I love this makeup! It gives me the confidence I need to walk out of my house every day! Coupled with concealer, it is very effective at covering blemishes, especially post-inflammatory hyper pigmentation. It doesn't look cakey or greasy. I can leave it on for 12 hours with minimal re-application. It does not cause me to break out, nor does it cause my skin to become dry. I was worried about the dryness because of the salicylic acid in it but even in winter it hasn't been an issue. I will definitely be purchasing this make-up again for as long as I have acne.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Evilqueen79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this foundation because I break out a lot now in my 30s. It' leaves my skin flawless but doesn't give you full coverage. It has help me with my acne I haven't broken out a lot anymore. The only thing I hate is that it doesn't have SPF , but other than that I like this foundation. It's too expensive but I guess I'll do anything to keep my acne away lol

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2013 8:34:00 PM More reviews by Jesgeh

I brought this product 6 months ago and am now runnin out. I will not be purchasing more. The formula is great, with medium-full coverage. It goes on your skin creamy and stays put, for the most part. This didn't cause me to breakout, but I have an extremely oily T-zone, and there wasn't any makeup left there at the end of the day. This is a squeeze bottle, which is annoying and I often got way to much even even though I was careful about it. Also, they don't have a wide variety of fair colors, so I had to get a bit of tan first before the lightest color matched me. If you have senstive skin, its worth the price. If not, then I would look elsewhere.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by Chrissykss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For those of you with acne prone skin, I do not recommend this at all! Honestly, Please do not use this foundation. I have tried everything within the last few years to combat my cystic acne from cleansers to changing my diet completely and nothing was working...until I really finally came to the conclusion that in changing everything else in my diet and skincare regime, only this product was a constant. I was so sure that it was working. It looked great, covers the red spots...I was afraid to change and breakout. Until I was at a health food store and tried a more natural brand called Ecco Bella last September and to my unbelievable surprise, I have not had cystic acne since! I went from my usual horrific daily painful breakouts to waking up not worrying about it AT ALL anymore. I just hope I can help at lease one girl struggling with acne and scarring avoid it all by going all natural and purchasing something different....it's the additives in the commercial brands that cause acne. This product is the same as the rest of the junk like Cover Girl but call it acne helping because it has Salicylic acid in it. OMG, I was so stupid and wish to God I knew this years ago. Seriously, girls, don't but this if you are acne prone. GO Natural with brand like Ecco Bella and Larenim (really nice powder foundation that is made of nothing but zinc and looks great).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 11:10:00 PM More reviews by PopStar48

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I recently started using this foundation again and I can't recall why it wasn't higher up on my list. This foundation is long-wearing especially on my oily skin and covers most redness very well. For actual raised acne spots I use the Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Coverage foundation as a spot concealer, but this foundation does the job for the typical redness. I can't say whether it clears acne though. The packaging is sanitary and the price is on the lower side for department store. I guess my only qualm is that Clinique's foundations lean pink and I have a yellow undertone. I usually correct this with a drop of Coastal Scent's yellow corrector.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2012 2:26:00 PM More reviews by skyblue2799

When I bought this product I was excited to use it. Lots of people recommended it to me, since I have acne and oily skin. The first day I tried the makeup it was already starting to work on my acne, which is amazing! Ever since i've used this product i have barely have any blemishes or little zits on my face for two whole months! It actually does help with your acne, and if primer is not applied it doesn't damage your skin, but it does get a little runny after a couple hours. It also makes your skin dry if are using other acne products other than clinique. I use two or three facial products from the acne solutions line, but still have dry skin because I don't moisturize sometimes at night when i'm really tired. On the back of the box the label warns you about using other acne products and this liquid makeup because it will cause dry skin. That's good that clinique is knows the problem, and are probably working on it. I like this product, and i would recommend it to others, and also buy it again. The price for this is pretty good, but maybe just a tad pricey. The quality is high, which makes it expensive, and after you try the product you'll realize( depending on your results) that it was worth every penny.
At a recent party i wore the liquid makeup and covered my whole face. I had a few blemishes on my forehead from threading my eyebrows. The part was 6 hours long, and after taking out my makeup the blemishes and small zits were almost gone and had gotten really small in that amount of time! This products is amazing, you should try it out!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2012 5:37:00 PM More reviews by bluesunday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So far, this is the best foundation product I've found. Surprisingly light and easy to use (I apply it using Sephora's pro flawless airbrush #56), I am really happy with the coverage, which helps to conceal the acne scars on my cheeks without feeling liked I've caked on a ton of makeup. I've been using it every day for about a month and I haven't had any breakout issues (a common problem when I use foundation or try new makeup). I think I might have found my Holy Grail.