Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup

3.7

salicylic acid 0.50% ingredients: methyl trimethicone [] water\aqua\eau [] dipropylene glycol [] alcohol denat. [] nylon-12 [] butylene glycol [] talc [] peg-10 dimethicone [] dimethicone [] trimethylsiloxysilicate [] silica [] laminaria saccharina extract [] calcium stearate [] isononyl isononanoate [] caffeine [] glycerin [] hydroxyapatite [] dimethicone/peg-10/15 crosspolymer [] sorbitan sesquioleate [] dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer [] triethoxycaprylylsilane [] quaternium-90 bentonite [] 10-hydroxydecanoic acid [] lecithin [] tocopherol [] sodium chloride [] tromethamine [] propylene carbonate [] alumina [] disodium edta [] sodium citrate [] phenoxyethanol [] [ /- titanium dioxide (ci 77891) [] iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) [] mica]

on 3/15/2013 2:22:00 PM

I just bought this foundation because I've heard great reviews and I have acne prone skin. My acne is not near as bad as it was when I was a teenager but I normally have 3-4 small or large zits most of the time.

So I put this on last night before going to a friends house.
What I noticed about it is that it has great coverage. I put it on and I had about 4 painful small zits and it actually made them feel better. However I feel like it doesn't blend in with my skin very well, I used a blending brush and the color was kind of brownish. Im going to keep trying it and see if I like it better once I get used to it.

on 3/11/2013 4:11:00 AM

I have been using this product for about two years now, and at first I had a love hate relationship with this foundation. I really love the coverage its buildable and hides imperfections surprisingly well. Its not thick like other medium coverage foundations and it applies smooth. My only problem with it was that because of the salicylic acid it oxidizes so by mid day I would have an orange face! BUT I learned to deal with this issue after some time, I apply a thin layer of moisturizer (Clininque - dramatically different moisturizing gel) you can read my review on that, and lastly instead of setting it with the mattifying powder I set it with Clinique superpower double face in a shade lighter than my skin tone! This has helped keep the orange away plus adds extra coverage that I need. Overall this foundation works well with my skin, it helps control my break outs and gives a great coverage.

For me this makeup did not work with my skin but i do not think it's a poor made makeup. This foundation lacked everything that i'm looking for in a makeup: extreme coverage, moisture, and long lasting wear. It did make my face look smooth and shiny and i did receive compliments about how 'glowy' my face looked. My friend purchased the same makeup and absolutely loved it so i suppose it's all preference.

on 3/9/2013 9:55:00 PM

I used this mask last year for a few months before my wedding just before Winter and my skin broke out in red rashes/stung a few minutes after I had the foundation on. It did a good job covering, smooth, easy to apply - love their foundation brush! But I wish there was a gentle version of this foundation.

on 3/9/2013 9:10:00 PM

After battling acne for a long time, I started using this - it was great for a newcomer to liquid foundations! Not finicky at all: easy to apply using fingers, dried fairly quickly to a matte powdery finish, didn't really need a primer underneath (moisturizer was plenty). I have combination skin, with dry cheeks and an oilier T-zone, and this lasted ALL DAY with a little bit of powder. I also do think this helped keep acne away, and maybe helped existing blemishes. At the very least, I didn't feel so bad about leaving it on too long. Coverage was medium but buildable - it didn't cover my dark spots all that well though.

Not recommended for dry skin; it is quite drying. I've switched to Kat von D's Tattoo Lock-It foundation (awesome full coverage without breakouts!) since acne medications left my skin extremely dry.

on 3/9/2013 8:46:00 PM

Does not last on the skin, turns greasy quickly! Did nothing for acne. Light to medium coverage.

on 2/20/2013 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Perfect for oily break out prone skin. I have fought with acne my whole life and have oily skin and I am constantly finding that while many don't make my break outs worse, they do seem to clog my pores. This foundation seems to actually help me skin and I don't get any clogged pores from it. It lasts all day and I like the coverage. Clinque formerly made this product and I tried it and it was too thick, but they have reformulated it and now I love it. I LOVE this foundation and what it does for my skin. I have used just about every oil free foundation out there, even Chanel and if you are break out prone this is the best.

on 2/16/2013 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this for a good year now it's perfect in the summer time if you have very oily skin because it does have somewhat of a drying affect I can't say that it has helped or prevented break outs but I can say it has not caused them love this line

on 2/14/2013 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I mostly like this, but would like something better. It has pretty good medium coverage, blends pretty well, and doesn't make me break out. But on the other hand, it hasn't improved my acne, is a bit dry, and also a wee bit yellow for my skin. Decent, in other words, and I've been relying on it lately, but I'm still on the hunt for something a little less drying.

on 2/2/2013 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is a great foundation. If you have acne and scarring, TRY THIS!!!
I would especially recommend it for oily skin. (But if your skin is dry, moisturize and you'll be fine. My skin is dry but I don't have a problem with it if i moisturize). It goes on nicely (dries a little fast - probably due to the salicylic acid), has medium-heavy coverage and lasts a long time. It dries to a matte finish and looks pretty nice on my skin.

The coverage is VERY build-able so it covers acne and scars VERY well! I build the coverage up with a beauty blender, concentrating more on my acne scars. Sometimes it helps to let the first layer sit for a minute and then continue with a second layer. Then I used Mac Studio Fix powder foundation and my face is flawless. It's seriously a life saver. I don't use concealer when I wear this foundation, I just don't need to.

As far as acne goes, I don't think it makes a huge difference for my acne. Maybe a little bit. It definitely doesn't make it worse, which is a big plus, and i feel comfortable using this directly on my acne.

The packaging is hygienic and is nice for travelling because its small, plastic and light.