April 16, 2014 | 1986 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Karenpio

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best foundation i've ever tried. It's awesome! It didn't break me out at all, it felt really light and was very fluid. It had a nice coverage, not to much, but it covered perfectly all my spots. I totally recomend this product, your skin will look amazing, smooth, and with a very natural touch.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2012 1:26:00 AM More reviews by InspiredxElegance

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am the shade Fresh Almond (M) 10. I love this foundation and is one of the only makeup items I splurge on just because it works so well with my skin-tone. I had very acne prone skin until recently and was using this for that little extra oomph. It worked very well with my skin except around the corners of my lips where I tend to get drier. It became "powdery" looking and wouldn't blend well. It is for this reason I rated a 4/5. I love the tube dispenser type packaging as you can really control how much product you get. A little goes a long way!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2012 12:24:00 PM More reviews by bbleu7856

I bought this at the Clinique counter recently. The lady who matched it to my skin tone was way off! Under the harsh lighting at the department store, I could not tell that it was the wrong color for me until I was out in more natural light. But the one she picked out for me was way too dark. Didn't feel like going through the hassle of returning it, but I might pick up another bottle in their lightest shade at some point. I do like the coverage, and it doesn't irritate my skin at all. But since this is on the expensive side, I might try Neutrogena Skin Clearing makeup instead. I've heard good things about that line and have heard they have a better shade selection than Clinique does.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by stephaniekevans

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

The first time I bought this I was color matched. After trying the product I found that after it set it would get darker which was not a good look on me. I went back and got the lightest shade they had in this and it is a way better match. You can't even tell I'm wearing foundation! Since I do have oily skin I always powder my face. However through out the afternoon I do have to touch up. This foundation gives you a light coverage and can make your face a little dry. I would think this is because of the acne medicine they have in it. The finish to this foundation seems to be a matt to velvet finish. Packaging is pretty good, it's better than having to tip the bottle over to get the product out. Can get a little messy but I'm pretty neat with mine. Has no smell as far as I know. I would say give this a try if you do not have a budget. Other than that I know you can get similar products from the neutragena line or from almay.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by dontcallmecass

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to use Clinique clarifying makeup but it was discontinued and I was told that their acne solutions line was comparable. Unfortunately, the acne solutions foundation is nothing like the clarifying makeup. The coverage is quite good and covers my imperfections well, but it does not last or control shine as long as their previous formula did. My acne is not even terrible (but I do have oily skin with the occasional breakout here and there) and I think this makeup actually causes breakouts (which is ironic since it is supposed to keep breakouts from happening). I really would not recommend this product to people with oily skin like myself.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by jennarock11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Kind of not really sure about this foundation...I like it, I do. It has medium ish coverage and a very natural finish. It's not much of an acne solution, but that doesn't bother me. The person at the clinique counter gave me the foundation in #2 because she said it was the lightest, but apparently there is a #1, which would make sense. It matches me acceptably, but it's a little dark. It does have the right undertone, though (cool). Also, blending is a nightmare. I have to apply with my fingers because it seems that when I apply with a brush it always streaks. On the bright side, it is a good creamy formula, fine for sensitive skin, substantial for everyday needs. it really is a good foundation, but it's not the best. It won't keep me from wondering off to other and hopefully better products. Don't get me wrong, it's a good product, but it's nothing more than good.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2012 1:18:00 AM More reviews by ynnej

I've been using this foundation for a year and a half. I've tried to convince myself that it's a good foundation, but the reality is that it really is not. After discovering a better foundation, I have tossed away what's left of my bottle.

In terms of coverage I would classify it as medium. I think the reason why I continued using it for so long was because it feels relatively weightless on my skin, and isn't thick/heavy, but gave me the coverage I needed.

However, in spite of its coverage - this foundation does not give you an even skin tone. It is very noticeable when wearing it; you can see the foundation sitting on my skin, no matter how well I blend it and how well I moisturize/prime my skin before use. I found that it emphasized any blemishes or any slightly dry patches of skin I would have. It sat on top of any black heads I had, drawing attention to them as well.

I have combination skin - usually oily in the summer and can get dry in some parts as the weather gets colder. This makeup did nothing for my skin type. Rather, the foundation oxidizes terribly throughout the day, and it's staying power is horrendous. After applying this makeup in the morning, by lunch time my face looked like an oil slick (my skin is not even that greasy!). By the afternoon it had oxidized, and changed to a darker/orangey shade. By evening my skin just looked awful.

Finally, it does not come in a good selection of colours. The ladies at the counter have tried to match me with almost every one of their shades in my range of colours, and nothing suits my skin, which emphasized the fact that I'm wearing foundation.

I'm also not sure why it is advertised as an "acne solutions" foundation. It did absolutely nothing to prevent or help clear up the occasional breakouts that I get. I have discovered a fantastic foundation by Nars which gives my skin a lovely glow, looks completely natural and lasts all day. Ciao Clinique..your foundation is going in the trash!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2012 9:27:00 AM More reviews by zoolosophy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a love-hate foundation for me. If i apply this allover my face it might look dry on some spots and make them pop as I have combo skin. But in case of a breakout this works miracles as it dries zits very very fast, I supose its because it has alcohol in it. I find the coverage decent and its buildable, the colour isn't an exact match but it adjusts to my skin and its ok.For someone who suffers from acne or has very oily skin I think it would be grate.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2012 9:08:00 PM More reviews by JamaicanWhitie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this foundation hoping that it would even out my skin tone and not aggravate my skin because I do have acne prone skin, however I do not have any active acne; that is until I used this. I used this for two days in a row and I am left with 4 pimples. And they aren't small little ones, they are red and inflamed and very painful. Which is really unfortunate. However there are other things I did not like about it.
1) coverage was not all that great, it was sheer coverage.
2) didn't hold up on my oily skin for more than 1 hour.
3) oxidized throughout the day to a much darker color.
4) emphasized any flakes that were not noticeable before.
5) my skin felt parched during the day, yet an oil slick, so it dehydrated my skin making my skin overcompensate with more even more oil. not a good combo.
So I am going to pass on this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2012 8:57:00 PM More reviews by vanglana

I am very impressed with this product :) I started off with a sample and eventually grew in love with this foundation! I do have acne here and there and this foundation covers so WELL! It's not like the any drugstore foundation where it feels super heavy, sticky or creamy on the face! It's actually has a soft finish to it and is semi matte and I swear, it covers acne extremely well for my skin! I barely have to use concealer because this foundation does such a great job at concealing! As far as the acne part, I haven't notice any change with improving or controlling my acne, but since I am very satisfied with this foundation on its coverage, I WILL BE REPURCHASING IT :)