December 22, 2014 | 1797 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2013 9:10:00 PM More reviews by Gracieeey

After battling acne for a long time, I started using this - it was great for a newcomer to liquid foundations! Not finicky at all: easy to apply using fingers, dried fairly quickly to a matte powdery finish, didn't really need a primer underneath (moisturizer was plenty). I have combination skin, with dry cheeks and an oilier T-zone, and this lasted ALL DAY with a little bit of powder. I also do think this helped keep acne away, and maybe helped existing blemishes. At the very least, I didn't feel so bad about leaving it on too long. Coverage was medium but buildable - it didn't cover my dark spots all that well though.

Not recommended for dry skin; it is quite drying. I've switched to Kat von D's Tattoo Lock-It foundation (awesome full coverage without breakouts!) since acne medications left my skin extremely dry.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2013 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Jhulagurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Does not last on the skin, turns greasy quickly! Did nothing for acne. Light to medium coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 9:56:00 AM More reviews by ubetcha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Perfect for oily break out prone skin. I have fought with acne my whole life and have oily skin and I am constantly finding that while many don't make my break outs worse, they do seem to clog my pores. This foundation seems to actually help me skin and I don't get any clogged pores from it. It lasts all day and I like the coverage. Clinque formerly made this product and I tried it and it was too thick, but they have reformulated it and now I love it. I LOVE this foundation and what it does for my skin. I have used just about every oil free foundation out there, even Chanel and if you are break out prone this is the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 1:53:00 AM More reviews by Drinabambina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this for a good year now it's perfect in the summer time if you have very oily skin because it does have somewhat of a drying affect I can't say that it has helped or prevented break outs but I can say it has not caused them love this line

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2013 8:40:00 PM More reviews by seannetta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I mostly like this, but would like something better. It has pretty good medium coverage, blends pretty well, and doesn't make me break out. But on the other hand, it hasn't improved my acne, is a bit dry, and also a wee bit yellow for my skin. Decent, in other words, and I've been relying on it lately, but I'm still on the hunt for something a little less drying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by akneil

This is a great foundation. If you have acne and scarring, TRY THIS!!!
I would especially recommend it for oily skin. (But if your skin is dry, moisturize and you'll be fine. My skin is dry but I don't have a problem with it if i moisturize). It goes on nicely (dries a little fast - probably due to the salicylic acid), has medium-heavy coverage and lasts a long time. It dries to a matte finish and looks pretty nice on my skin.

The coverage is VERY build-able so it covers acne and scars VERY well! I build the coverage up with a beauty blender, concentrating more on my acne scars. Sometimes it helps to let the first layer sit for a minute and then continue with a second layer. Then I used Mac Studio Fix powder foundation and my face is flawless. It's seriously a life saver. I don't use concealer when I wear this foundation, I just don't need to.

As far as acne goes, I don't think it makes a huge difference for my acne. Maybe a little bit. It definitely doesn't make it worse, which is a big plus, and i feel comfortable using this directly on my acne.

The packaging is hygienic and is nice for travelling because its small, plastic and light.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by kaymsmith316

I love this makeup! It gives me the confidence I need to walk out of my house every day! Coupled with concealer, it is very effective at covering blemishes, especially post-inflammatory hyper pigmentation. It doesn't look cakey or greasy. I can leave it on for 12 hours with minimal re-application. It does not cause me to break out, nor does it cause my skin to become dry. I was worried about the dryness because of the salicylic acid in it but even in winter it hasn't been an issue. I will definitely be purchasing this make-up again for as long as I have acne.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Evilqueen79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this foundation because I break out a lot now in my 30s. It' leaves my skin flawless but doesn't give you full coverage. It has help me with my acne I haven't broken out a lot anymore. The only thing I hate is that it doesn't have SPF , but other than that I like this foundation. It's too expensive but I guess I'll do anything to keep my acne away lol

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2013 8:34:00 PM More reviews by Jesgeh

I brought this product 6 months ago and am now runnin out. I will not be purchasing more. The formula is great, with medium-full coverage. It goes on your skin creamy and stays put, for the most part. This didn't cause me to breakout, but I have an extremely oily T-zone, and there wasn't any makeup left there at the end of the day. This is a squeeze bottle, which is annoying and I often got way to much even even though I was careful about it. Also, they don't have a wide variety of fair colors, so I had to get a bit of tan first before the lightest color matched me. If you have senstive skin, its worth the price. If not, then I would look elsewhere.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by Chrissykss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For those of you with acne prone skin, I do not recommend this at all! Honestly, Please do not use this foundation. I have tried everything within the last few years to combat my cystic acne from cleansers to changing my diet completely and nothing was working...until I really finally came to the conclusion that in changing everything else in my diet and skincare regime, only this product was a constant. I was so sure that it was working. It looked great, covers the red spots...I was afraid to change and breakout. Until I was at a health food store and tried a more natural brand called Ecco Bella last September and to my unbelievable surprise, I have not had cystic acne since! I went from my usual horrific daily painful breakouts to waking up not worrying about it AT ALL anymore. I just hope I can help at lease one girl struggling with acne and scarring avoid it all by going all natural and purchasing something different....it's the additives in the commercial brands that cause acne. This product is the same as the rest of the junk like Cover Girl but call it acne helping because it has Salicylic acid in it. OMG, I was so stupid and wish to God I knew this years ago. Seriously, girls, don't but this if you are acne prone. GO Natural with brand like Ecco Bella and Larenim (really nice powder foundation that is made of nothing but zinc and looks great).