October 20, 2014 | 1513 users online

Cleansers - Yes To Carrots - Yes To Cucumbers Face Cleanser Towelettes

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by orlynow

These burn the area around your eyes like nothing else! And if you're not supposed to use these around your eyes then I think that defeats the whole purpose of a makeup removing wipe. They also dried out like 2 days after I purchased it. Will not buy again. Neutrogena wipes are much better!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2013 4:57:00 PM More reviews by faith97

These are good makeup removing wipes overall. However, unlike what they claim, they are not good for very sensitive skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2013 12:36:00 AM More reviews by mmherman

I have used cosmetic wipe cleansers before in the past. I liked them for their convenience while traveling or staying over at my boyfriends, but I find them kind of wasteful and impractical for a day-to-day cleanser. In the past I have used Neutrogena and some generic knock offs. I have even used baby wipes. They are nice for removing makeup quickly and saving you from carrying a bottle of face wash that might leak. They can burn and be irritating depending on the quality of the wipe itself and the ingredients.

Overall I think Yes to Cucumbers is effective at wiping off makeup. I actually realized how much makeup I was missing when I was washing my face with my regular cleanser. Made me realize I need to be less lack about actually scrubbing my face.

My only complaint is that this product burned and irritated my face. It wasn't so bad that it was painful, but it was unpleasant.

I can't comment on pricing because my sister got this as a Yes to Cucumbers kit that was HEAVILY discounted at Sam's. I also got an eye cream and facial moisturizer. The total for all of this was approx. $1.50 before tax. So it was dirt cheap.

I'm glad I got to experiment with these wipes, but personally I will be using a different brand when I run out of these and am in need of more.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2013 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Chutrue

Let's just say it's going to be my last time listening to a sixteen year old on youtube who's probably getting paid to advertise. Because everything they've tried is..."OMG! It's so pigmented","It smells so GOOD!" and "the packaging is adorbs!"
I'd say I have pretty normal skin and not in the least bit sensitive. These wipes burns my face every time I use it. I've tried numerous other makeup wipes around the same range and nothing burned/irritated my skin like these wipes does. It's definitely not a pleasant feeling and knowing that there are other makeup wipes around the same price range that does not irritate my skin, I'm not going to keep using/repurchase this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2013 2:57:00 AM More reviews by giggles292

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought these since they won an allure award and kept these in my gym bag and used them whenever I went to the gym with a full face of makeup on. They removed all of my face makeup with one towellete (I don't remove my eye makeup at the gym because heaven forbid anyone see me without eyeliner on) and it left my face feeling clean and refreshed....ready to workout. I wouldn't use these at night solely to cleanse my face since I prefer to actually wash with my clarisonic and perform my night regimen. Recently I have been trying to buy cruelty free/vegan products and was researching the YES TO company...they are in fact cruelty free, all of their products are at least 95% natural, their packaging is recyclable and their towelettes are biodegradeable so I will definitely be repurchasing these in the future!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2013 10:23:00 PM More reviews by morganmarie19

I've used SOO many different kinds of makeup remover wipes. Name brand, store brand, all kinds of that stuff. So I try these 98% natural 'soothing' hypoallergenic makeup wipes and they BURN like I've never had before! I've used the cheapest makeup wipes out there and my face has never reacted poorly to it. And these wipes that are made to be soothing, natural, and gentle absolutely burn my eyes when I try to remove eye makeup. It just baffles me how this happens. My skin is the least sensitive skin I know, so for these to burn is pretty crazy. Please if you have sensitive skin at all, STEER CLEAR!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by WeCameAsLameKids

I really liked these towelettes! I use them to wipe off my makeup before I cleanse my face and it really feels like they are getting all the foundation and concealer off my face. But I definitely would not use this as a sole facial cleanser. They're intended for sensitive skin but it seems from reading a few of these reviews that maybe they don't do so well.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2013 12:39:00 AM More reviews by ambrat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

After reading a review below and double-checking the packaging on my Yes to Cucumbers travel towelettes, it doesn't state on my package to not use on the eye area. My package states: "Gently wipe face and neck to cleanse and rid skin of impurities and makeup. No need to rinse. You're on your way!" No specific warning about the eye area anywhere to be found here.

So I used them on my eye area, and it stung horribly and required rinsing. Went quite a while without using them again until the last couple of days, and yes, absolutely avoid the eye area. Yowza.

Skin doesn't feel clean unless I before or after wash with my regular mild cleanser (Alpha Hydrox Foaming Face Wash), but that's been the case with any wipe I've used thus far. Helps with removing makeup though.

I won't likely purchase these for myself (received this pack as an extra in a swap).

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Summerkisses88

Brought this at target due to sale and I been wanting to try it out for some time. At first I loved it, it took my make up off, but as time went on. It wasn't doing the proper job anymore. And also, it started to sting my face, made it feel like my face was on fire. I would not be buying this again or using it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by NellieX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So far, I like these. They are refreshing, make my oily skin feel clean, and smell good. I keep a pack in my bathroom and one in my bag. Unfortunatly I didnt realize that this is an anti-acne product. I dont have acne, and while my skin is oily, I fear these will be too harsh to use long-term. I will probably purchase one of the other Yes To wipes when these are gone.

Edit: I have to change my review. I've been using these wipes two, sometimes three times per day, and my skin feels and looks so much better it's insane. I use them in the evening to remove my makeup, and then again in the morning to remove the night's oil and grime. I've stopped washing my face with soap, and my skin feels softer, looks better, and I don't get greasy nearly as fast as I did even a month ago (even in the hot weather). I LOVE these! I will definitely be repurchasing.