November 25, 2014 | 1864 users online

Cleansers - Yes To Carrots - Yes To Cucumbers Face Cleanser Towelettes

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 5:47:00 AM More reviews by thathippiegothchick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love these wipes! I have sensitive/combination skin (yes I actually have a combo of both), and so this makes my skin very finnicky. I also have this problem with red patches on my face, and have been looking for literally years for a product that gets rid of the red patches and also doesn't irritate or dry out my skin. I had been using Simple's skincare line - that is, moisturizer and exfoliating wipes, until they started irritating and drying out my skin; exactly what I didn't want. So after a little experimenting and shopping around, I found these on an outing to Walmart. I figured I'd give em a try - the packaging looked nice and functional (the plastic hinge thingy was a nice touch; Simple's wipes did not have that and I was always having to try to keep them from drying out. the hinge solves that problem) and I liked that it had more natural ingredients than Simple's wipes did. The price made me hesitate - still a little high - but ultimately worth it. These wipes feel great on my skin, get rid of all the dirt, don't dry out or irritate my skin - in fact my face feels softer after using one - and it actually, amazingly, has mostly gotten rid of my red patches. The more I use them, the more the patches seem to fade. They're pink now, not red, and barely noticeable. My search is over - I'm using these from now on.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2013 7:03:00 AM More reviews by lovelymallie

I tried this product last summer, where I felt like every youtuber raved about them. I though I would give them a try, but it turned out that they made my skin buring and leaving red spots.

My skin is combinated and can handle most stuff, but these where a pain to use. oh, and lets not forget, that cleansing wipes actually aren't good for your skin at all. But these ones are extra bad in my point.

The only good thing, is that the packagain is cute and they smell nice..

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by kamberc94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

These had a great packaging idea, cute and environmentally friendly products. But this cucumber for sensitive skin BURNED ME TO DEATH!! not literally. But, I felt like I was rubbing something stonger than alcohol on my face because my face turned red and blotchy and later it just felt super oily. They smelled pretty good and all but I gave them to my sister to finish off and she never asked to get more, and she has oily skin too but not sensitive like me...

I will NEVER buy the cucumber one again...

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by orlynow

These burn the area around your eyes like nothing else! And if you're not supposed to use these around your eyes then I think that defeats the whole purpose of a makeup removing wipe. They also dried out like 2 days after I purchased it. Will not buy again. Neutrogena wipes are much better!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2013 4:57:00 PM More reviews by faith97

These are good makeup removing wipes overall. However, unlike what they claim, they are not good for very sensitive skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2013 12:36:00 AM More reviews by mmherman

I have used cosmetic wipe cleansers before in the past. I liked them for their convenience while traveling or staying over at my boyfriends, but I find them kind of wasteful and impractical for a day-to-day cleanser. In the past I have used Neutrogena and some generic knock offs. I have even used baby wipes. They are nice for removing makeup quickly and saving you from carrying a bottle of face wash that might leak. They can burn and be irritating depending on the quality of the wipe itself and the ingredients.

Overall I think Yes to Cucumbers is effective at wiping off makeup. I actually realized how much makeup I was missing when I was washing my face with my regular cleanser. Made me realize I need to be less lack about actually scrubbing my face.

My only complaint is that this product burned and irritated my face. It wasn't so bad that it was painful, but it was unpleasant.

I can't comment on pricing because my sister got this as a Yes to Cucumbers kit that was HEAVILY discounted at Sam's. I also got an eye cream and facial moisturizer. The total for all of this was approx. $1.50 before tax. So it was dirt cheap.

I'm glad I got to experiment with these wipes, but personally I will be using a different brand when I run out of these and am in need of more.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2013 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Chutrue

Let's just say it's going to be my last time listening to a sixteen year old on youtube who's probably getting paid to advertise. Because everything they've tried is..."OMG! It's so pigmented","It smells so GOOD!" and "the packaging is adorbs!"
I'd say I have pretty normal skin and not in the least bit sensitive. These wipes burns my face every time I use it. I've tried numerous other makeup wipes around the same range and nothing burned/irritated my skin like these wipes does. It's definitely not a pleasant feeling and knowing that there are other makeup wipes around the same price range that does not irritate my skin, I'm not going to keep using/repurchase this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2013 2:57:00 AM More reviews by giggles292

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought these since they won an allure award and kept these in my gym bag and used them whenever I went to the gym with a full face of makeup on. They removed all of my face makeup with one towellete (I don't remove my eye makeup at the gym because heaven forbid anyone see me without eyeliner on) and it left my face feeling clean and refreshed....ready to workout. I wouldn't use these at night solely to cleanse my face since I prefer to actually wash with my clarisonic and perform my night regimen. Recently I have been trying to buy cruelty free/vegan products and was researching the YES TO company...they are in fact cruelty free, all of their products are at least 95% natural, their packaging is recyclable and their towelettes are biodegradeable so I will definitely be repurchasing these in the future!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2013 10:23:00 PM More reviews by morganmarie19

I've used SOO many different kinds of makeup remover wipes. Name brand, store brand, all kinds of that stuff. So I try these 98% natural 'soothing' hypoallergenic makeup wipes and they BURN like I've never had before! I've used the cheapest makeup wipes out there and my face has never reacted poorly to it. And these wipes that are made to be soothing, natural, and gentle absolutely burn my eyes when I try to remove eye makeup. It just baffles me how this happens. My skin is the least sensitive skin I know, so for these to burn is pretty crazy. Please if you have sensitive skin at all, STEER CLEAR!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by WeCameAsLameKids

I really liked these towelettes! I use them to wipe off my makeup before I cleanse my face and it really feels like they are getting all the foundation and concealer off my face. But I definitely would not use this as a sole facial cleanser. They're intended for sensitive skin but it seems from reading a few of these reviews that maybe they don't do so well.