MAC Lipglass - Lovechild

4.4

on 1/3/2006 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is my replacement for Bliss Me lipglass that they discontinued. It's a great medium LBB pink with sparkles in it.

on 12/28/2005 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

There are sometimes products that you use all the time and are a staple in your makeup bag and you are so used to seeing them that you forget to write a review, y'know what I mean? Well, this is one of those products for me. A beautiful plum with a tinge of pink and gold shimmer, very mlbb on me, cause it's just a smidge more plum that my natually pigmented lips. love it sooo much! Oh and I just use a tiny bit each time for a natural look, but you can put on quite a bit for a very dramatic look. <3

on 12/7/2005 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Everything about this gloss is perfect... the vanilla smell, the consistancy, the color, the shine...
It's a beautiful brown mauve with gold smimmer. I have tried many brands of lipgloss and this is the one I'm going to stick with. The whole color line is beautiful, can't wait to try more. And those names (Nymphette, Lust, etc.) gotta love 'em:)

on 11/22/2005 10:54:00 AM

Have finally found my HG lip gloss! This colour is great; pinky-brown with gold flecks. Just a bit darker than my natural lip colour and the texture is great. I have medium skin with yellow undertones and brown hair. Works well for day or night. Use this constantly! Will purchase again and again!

on 11/7/2005 10:04:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Lovechild is a light to medium pink with flecks of golden shimmer. It has a light vanilla scent and does feel a bit sticky, both of which are not a problem for me. The staying power is very good for a gloss, over an 8-10 hour period I usually reapply 2-3 times. With my medium complexion this is too light for my liking and makes me look washed out. It looks fantastic when I add a bit of Stila lipglaze in black cherry to give it more color.

on 11/6/2005 10:05:00 AM

The only neutral beigey-rosy brown my highly pigmented lips have ever taken! I love this colour. I love the vanilla smell too. Bit sticky, if it is a windy day make sure to have your hair tied back. Great for me for strong eyes, a la 60s mode.

on 11/5/2005 1:12:00 PM

The only bad thing about this is it has taken me so long to find it. What a great color. I literally had 3 mothers stop me at my daughters kindergarten and comment how great I looked. Not my lips, but me! My hair was pulled back as usual and the only makeup I had on was Lovechild. It is the perfect color for me. I have a hard time finding lipcolor that looks natural without being beigey or orange and this is it. I may go buy a couple extra tubes to but in each car and handbag. It even looks good on my 5 year old-just for play.

on 9/16/2005 1:17:00 PM

I love this color! I can't believe it took me this long to discover it. It gives my lips some brightness and life, without being blatant and obnoxious.

on 9/6/2005 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Lovechild is a mauve, kind purple with golden sheen in it. On my pigmented lips, NC42 golden olive complexion it's the perfect berry color. I love it for fall! There is a drugstore version of it, at least the same on me, which is Sally Hansen Dimand Lip Treatment in Royal Romance, but RR has more sexy shimmers in it and lovechild has more gold and it's more purple, but they are the same kind of mauve on my lips. Overall, I gave it a full mark and don't know if I'll repurchase.

on 9/1/2005 9:24:00 PM

I have found a HG product. Absolutely. And I am not jumping to a quick conclusion on something that I'll end up hating in 2 weeks. I am almost done with my first tube and based on the complements I continue to get from friends everytime I wear Lovechild, I will always have this as a staple in my makeup bag. As much as I love to experiment and try new things, this one seems to always look good no matter what look I'm going for. It's just a great staple, wears wonderfully and isn't too pink, too brown, or too glittery. It's JUST right! UPDATE 5/5/2007: I STILL love this. I continue to keep it in my 'must have' list. I stray for a few weeks, but always come back to it. Will always look good!

Popular Lip Glosses