September 19, 2014 | 1734 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Fusion

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by JaneWhit99

Literally bought for $1.50. The price is unreal. This is a actually a great mascara and it thickened, lengthened, and got my eyelashes a few compliments surprisingly. Great product especially for the cost.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2013 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Cailee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

All the other versions of LashBlast that I've tried get a 1/5. I like the effects of this one the most, so it gets a 2, which still isn't great. I first tried this out a couple years ago, and remember using it up, which doesn't really mean anything. But, nonetheless, as I was browsing the other week, silly ol' me thought to try it out again. First off, I got this in the basic black color when I was giving it a second try, and when I got it home and was using it for the first time, I pulled out the wand and it looked BROWN. This is NOT even close to even qualify to being a black mascara lol, it comes across as a murky brown on the lashes, especially against black eyeliner. Also, it sets to a weird matte finish that I do not care for, and it looks especially 'off' in natural sunlight. My best description is that It LOOKS extremely matte and extremely dry.

The applicator gets on my nerves, as the bristles are so hard, and can easily poke and hurt my tightline waterline if I'm not extremely careful. They FEEL like cheap plastic bristles, if that makes any sense whatsoever. The stopper has too much control over product-to-brush transfer, so it doesn't really give my lashes a good coating as there's not that much product that's dispersed onto the bristles. The brush is much too oversized for the amount of product that is (or isn't) taken along with it through the stopper. The packaging is entirely too bulky, bright and downright ugly (main reason why I stay away from CG mascaras now). The brush/formula combo doesn't separate my lashes that well, it's just a little clumpy (and I like the somewhat clumpy look sometimes). I find that it irritates my eyes just slightly, so I have discontinued use of it. it darkens the lashes, it lengthens them to an extent, flaking is minimal, but it's volumizing abilities are 'meh,' at best. It's also terrible at holding a curl. Would not recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by sunnyyy

i love this mascara coz it leaves ur lashes pretty black its amazing at holding curls and it makes them long and thick.
i sweat a lot coz i play many sports and i wear this mascara to track and field and it hasnt smudged yet and its not water proof so im surprised haaaaaaaa its amazing it makes ur lashes look like they are there and yep its rly good

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Sloth143

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was the first cover girl product I had tried, and it made me never want to use any of their products again. It didn't give me length at all, and just left me with a clumpy mess. It might of been ok if the brush wasn't so big and the bristles so tiny, made me get it all over my eye lids and was hard to apply. Maybelline has always had the best mascaras for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 9:42:00 AM More reviews by bewickfree

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a mascara addict; always chasing that phantom PERFECT mascara. This has come pretty close.
This is how I use it: After curling, I start with a wiggle from the base to the ends. This is good enough for the day. For work, I add another coat at the ends of my lashes. But for night, (and this is the best part about this mascara-- it's so easily buildable) I add wiggle coat, an ends coat, then another wiggle coat, focusing on the outside edge lashes. I've gotten many compliments!!! LOVE IT! The waterproof is not as easy to work with as far as staying soft while building coats, but it's still great for a one-coat day.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2013 8:15:00 PM More reviews by FlyLikeAG6

I used to be a fan of Lash Blast Volume (orange tube) for everyday wear but quit using it after I noticed the formula got a little thinner. I picked up a tube of Fusion thinking it would be different but was disappointed. Yes it lengthens and thickens, but it smudges worse than any mascara I've ever purchased! I've never used a mascara that immediately found itself in my concealer like this one. After a few days of trying to make it work and having to layer on more under eye coverage, this tube was trashed. It really is a shame because like I said, it makes lashes look great. I think a thicker formula would be a huge improvement.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2013 3:36:00 AM More reviews by polishzilla

I've always been a Maybelline mascara girl, but this was on special at Priceline, and I thought I'd give it a try.
This is now my new favourite mascara! I have fairly non existent lashes, but I found that the brush and the formula of this mascara really made my lashes stand out. I usually use 3 coats, and it separates each lash nicely, builds up without clumping, and it doesn't smudge or flake. I'll be using CG mascaras from now on.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by bldsgrsxmgk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Adore this mascara! I came to love the plastic or rubber brushes ever since Avon SuperShock mascara back when I was in middle school. LastBlast Fusion has THE perfect brush. My lashes are naturally quite thick and long and hold a curl very well so I have never had to struggle too much in the search for great mascaras. My aim when I apply mascara is separation, and this brush does it wonderfully. The formula dries out quite quickly though, and although it will continue to work just as well, more coats are needed depending on what you are looking for. I do love a drier mascara, but after the formula has dried (only takes a few weeks) I find I like to layer it on top of another mascara for more drama. The mascara I use currently is L'Oreal Telescopic which is very lengthening and black, and on top the LashBlast brush serves as a second coat and a foolproof lash comb all in one. Alike to Avon SuperShock, I find that I love this mascara for its brush, and probably not the formula since the formula doesn't matter much to me. I also love Voluminous Millions Lashes by L'Oreal; I use it in rotation with the LashBlast.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2013 11:56:00 AM More reviews by RainbowBowser

This wasn't that impressive as a mascara. Really couldn't build up with it. It still blackened and lengthened a little but it just didn't impress me. No mascara is one-size fits all.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Piggie8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Worst brush ever to exist, it isn't thick enough or whatever to do anything to any lashes, I have to give it a 2 rating because it's the only mascara that I've ever tried that doesn't smudge or flake as much as any ones in my experience. And for that, I keep buying it for my lower lashes. That's it. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, except I can't! D: