November 29, 2014 | 1687 users online

Eyeliner - Physicians Formula - Shimmer Strips Gel Creamliner Trio

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Nanashimara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the brown eyes set:

The brown color is creamy and lovely. The black flakes onto my cheeks when applying and starts to crumble and crack if I do manage to get it on sufficiently. The purple is streaky and not pigmented. Also suffers from the flaking problem.

I might repurchase for the brown, it's REALLY nice, but probably not. I don't use gel liner that often. I recommend the PF Eye Booster pen liner over this. It's my HG and use it daily. PF has hits and misses, but overall this brand always surprises me with quality items. I use a few of their face powders/bronzers in my every day routine as well.

TLDR: Brown is a hit, black and purple are misses. I tossed those two.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2011 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Jaylakent

I have never tried this brand. A coworker showed me hers and I had to have it! The brush took some getting used to - I currently have been using a pencil liner from Revlon - but went on easy. I am actually thinking it is easier than a pencil! The colors for my eye color (green) were pretty. My husband said he noticed something different, but couldn't figure out what it was.Stated I "looked naturally pretty more than usual" :)

I used the green on top and purple on bottom eyelids. NO SMUDGING after six hours!

Would buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2011 3:50:00 AM More reviews by EveAmaranthe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was hesitant to buy this at first because the last time I saw it in CVS, it was around $13. After searching high and low for an alternative, I caved and got this one. Luckily they were on sale this time, so I ended up getting it for $9.

I was skeptical of the staying power of these but they really do last, even on the water line. I wore the brown one today and after 12 or so hours, it's faded a little but still there. The included brush is nice, and the liner itself is smooth and creamy. It glides on easily, though the purple one needs to be built up for the color to really show.

Overall, definitely worth buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2011 7:21:00 PM More reviews by avrillavigne12251

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First off,I love theese liners...the brown one has a black, brown and eggplant purple. They are fairly pricey,but definitely well worth it. First off It glides on well, no tug at all...yet they don't go up on your eyelids... the included brush wasn't bad, actually... and they stay on well, infact I had an allergy act up, so I was tearing up a lot, and I still had some purple left on my undereye... HG eyeliner for me... I like the packaging, the fact that the eyeliners snap together is convienient, but it was a little hard to snap apart at first,and there s no place for the brush....

I will definitely buy again!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2011 10:47:00 PM More reviews by mopig

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have tried these in every color- the worst colors (don't stay and arn't bright) are purple, pink, taupe, and brown. The blacks need to be applied in layers to actually be dark, the first layer is kinda transparent- but they do last most of the day on your waterline.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by adara260

True Rating: 3.5/5.0

Bought these as a dupe alternative to my Bobbi Brown gel eyeliners. Got this on clearance with a coupon so I got a great deal. The packaging I don't like because when you pop the stacks off from one another it opens the tubes exposing the gel.

The formula colors are pretty flattering. I bought one not coordinated with my eye color and I think it would work for everyone. Hazel came with med. purple, black with shimmers and taupey med. brown.

The staying power is alright on the top lid and it completely disappeared on the bottom lid and waterline. OVERALL I feel this is an alternative if you can't spend the money on Bobbi Brown, but this does not have the same staying power so don't expect it to. Also throw away the included brush, it really sucks.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 4:17:00 AM More reviews by Elemyu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had a $7 off coupon for Physician's Formula, which was awesome, right!? Since Physician's Formula is one of the more expensive drug store brands, I usually only go over there when I get a coupon. I heard raves about theses eyeliners, but I never thought I'd buy it because I thought I would only use the black (which would be very wasteful, considering the price).

I just couldn't help myself. I had to get it. I have brown eyes, so I bought that one (brown, purple, and black). Oh boy...I fell in love instantly. I first tried the black color and it was wonderful. The application was very smooth and long lasting. After the black got my approval, I decided to be a little more adventurous and mixed the black with the purple. I loved it. Then the next day, I thought I'd be a bit more daring and try just the purple. It was sooo nice! People were complimenting the pop of color on my eyes. Then finally to go a little more natural, I tried just the brown, which I didn't think I'd like, but I did. :)

The packaging is brilliant. It is so darn cute and is easy to find in my sea of makeup products when I connect them together. And when I need to toss the one I'm wearing that day in my bag, I just pop it off and *pow* it becomes portable. I had bought a thinner eyeliner brush because I thought I needed it (usually the brushes that come with products aren't that great), but I have yet to use it! The brush has a lot of control (of thickness), and I use that one all the time for all colors!

Very good product, and I will buy it again and again (even without coupons). Maybe I'll even venture to the other colors too!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2011 8:52:00 PM More reviews by myluckypenny

I bought the green and purple packaged shimmer stacks, and I use them as eyeshadow bases for days I want to be a little more bold w/ color. You can use them alone as a cream shadow if you want, you'll just have to build it up in thin layers.

I used the shimmery green one under MAC's Humid e/s a night I went to the club, and it looked fantastic! These are so pigmented and smooth, you'd think you were using a creaseless cream shadow from Benefit. Embarrassed to admit, I came home piss drunk and passed out in bed, full-face of makeup, dress and heels on... [thank goodness for a sweet bf that cares enough to dress my lifeless body in pj's and take my shoes off for me!]

Anyways, the warpaint is something the bf had no idea how to remove, so I was stuck with it till the morning when I woke up to take it off...

BUT when I woke up, my face was IMMACULATE. I know well enough proper application to set my makeup and make it long lasting, but I tend to burrow when I sleep, and I go face first into the pillows. I expected my shadow to be faded at least on the side of my face that I rested on my pillow... but NOPE! I looked like I had just finished getting ready to go clubbing in broad daylight. [it was so weird...]

It did not crease, it did not fade, it did not budge. This stuff is awesome. My only gripe is that theyre in plastic containers [glass please!], but I do like how they all connect. I bought these to add to my makeup kit, and I don't think it will ever go without this product.

Will definitely purchase more if Physician's Formula keeps it up like this!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2011 5:37:00 PM More reviews by sheridanf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

wow this stuff is AWESOME. i have never tried a gel eyeliner, only liquids and this is crazy good. it's so easy to work with and you get a great look out of it. the color shows up great and i've had it on for 8 hours and it hasn't even tried to move or run. this is a huuuge plus since i've been using kohl liner recently and i found myself playing with my eyes half the day to not look sick. haha this stuff is awesome i can't wait to buy more colors. i have the one for green eyes and the shades you get are perfect to make your eyes pop. i'm wearing the purple right now and it's sooo cute. love it, definitely worth being my HG!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2011 10:31:00 PM More reviews by shoeandpursegal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I seen reviews on youtube..love me some gel liners, and was excited over this product, cute packaging and got 3 shades. I hated this stuff!! Was too almost smooth/runny..no matter what tool i used, just wouldnt give me that clean straight look i wanted. I love my wet n wild liner and its way cheaper!!