April 18, 2014 | 1748 users online

Treatments - Kiehls - Midnight Recovery Concentrate

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by chandrikas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Hi,

I totally love this product. I have been using it for about 2 months now and I see so much of a difference on my face. I have been suffering from acne for some time and it has caused me a lot of pigmentation and discolouration.

I use this serum/oil as the last step in my night time routine. For me personally it makes my skin oily when I apply it. It bothered me in the beginning but when I woke the next morning, my face felt fresh and bright & with no signs of oil.

This also has a very soothing fragrance to it. The product claims to promote sleep but I don't think its entirely true but I definitely love what it does to my skin the next day.

I use about 2-3 drops every night so I am sure this 30ml bottle is going to last for looong time! So complaints about the price. Its totally worth! :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by BriddaBella

I bought this because I wanted an overnight face treatment as part of my winter skin care routine last year and since Kiehl's product were supposed to be really good I bought this along with the Avocado Eye cream.
When I first used this product I was a bit wary because it is an oil based product, which can break some people out.
It also contains lavender oil which some people might react to
At first it seemed that it was actually making my skin look healthier and evening out my skin tone while hydrating my dry skin but after using it for 3 months I didn't see any difference. My skin wasn't able to absorb the product well and it reverted back to being dry with red patches.

I have to say I am disappointed with this product especially for the price I paid it's not worth it.

For this winter I bought the Bio Oil, which was a lot cheaper and so far it works better than Kiehl's.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2012 2:11:00 AM More reviews by swtxos

It's a little expensive, but totally worth the money.

I purchased a 50ml bottle for $70CAD, which is probably the most I've paid for any one skincare product.

I treat this as a moisturizer and a serum because I feel like it does hydrate my skin really well. I have normal/combo skin that depending the weather can be quite dry and dull. I love that this serum helps my skin look luminous and healthy from within. The lavender fragrance is divine, it smells so good that I look forward to applying it before bed. It really soothes me. I love the way the bottle looks, tres chic.

I have been using this product for over a year and I have only positive thoughts for this product. It has become an essential product in my skincare regime.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 6:33:00 PM More reviews by fikins123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is an oil and I need two dropsto cover my whole face. The concentrate smells divine it has a calming lavender smell which is a perfect treat to put on before bed. After applying my face feels smooth, I always wake p with hydrated and refreshed skin after using this product I find it is especially useful in the colder winter months!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2012 5:22:00 PM More reviews by LVMHgurl

I've never had a product do nothing for my skin. I hate the herb smell, it doesn't absorb into my skin and when I wake up, my skin doesn't even look like it's been moisturized. AT ALL.

The only good thing I can say is that it's a good value? You only have to use a couple drops so even after 2 months of use, I still have almost a full bottle left lol.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2012 2:09:00 PM More reviews by jenniealicel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

After trying the sample, I wanted the full bottle of this concentrate. I'm not entirely sold on the packaging--the push-dropper may or may not be wasting product when I use it. I read reviews that people have found it is too greasy & doesn't sink into their skin. I'm finding that when I first apply (I use about three to four drops on nose, cheeks, forehead and work down my neck) I do look a bit greasy, but it eventually sinks in. The results are worth it--I look much better in the morning when I first wake up, and I'm hoping after continued use it will only get better.
I've paired this with their dark spot serum in the a.m. and I think it's a powerful duo. I'm almost out of the Avocado eye creme sample and am considering making a purchase of this as well. Trying to be good to my skin going into fall and winter as this is always my absolute worst time of year.
Will update if any significant improvements or changes.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2012 1:02:00 AM More reviews by yummytofu

This is awful , caused my skin to peel and become more irritated! It also causes clogged pores and exasperates fine lines !:(

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2012 5:53:00 AM More reviews by kittyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Paula Begoun gives Midnight Recovery Concentrate one of her scathing reviews because she says that the fragrant oils - lavender, coriander and rosemary - are irritants. Her reviews are based on her assessment of the ingredient lists, not actual experience. Negative reviews on MUA do not seem to be based on MRC being irritating, mainly just that the product has little or no effect. I agree. I have moderately sensitive skin and have had no irritation from MRC. It has a silky texture and a light but relaxing and gorgeous fragrance. Perhaps any positive effect this product has is because it sends people off into a pleasant sleep! Every night as I apply it I wonder to myself should I scrape together the money to replace my sample with a full bottle. In the morning my skin looks much the same as it always has, and so I think 'Nah ... save ya money ...'.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 12:13:00 PM More reviews by priyaj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

So I finally realized that I was using this product all wrong before. I was 1) applying it OVER my night cream and 2) Using wayyy more than 2 drops for my face. I didn't get any results (except breakouts) and forgot about it on my counter. Then I found out you're supposed to use it on bare, cleansed skin (duh) under a moisturizer and I cut down to using 3 small drops all over my face. I push 3 little drops on the back of my hand, dot them all around my face, and then smooth them in. Night cream on top. I now see a noticeable difference in my skin in the morning - it's very soft, smooth, and looks hydrated. Kind of comparable to how my skin looks after using a cream with retinol in it. This is not a miracle product for me, but it's worth purchasing again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2012 12:24:00 AM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I consider this a godsend for my skin! Right now, Im 6 months pregnant and have been experiencing terrible cystic breakouts along my jawline. With my daughter and before this baby my skin was like glass...smooth and clear, but now my lil baby boy decided to reek havoc on it and I was feeling very depressed. I literally had to change every piece of my skincare and NOTHING was helping, at all. Based off reviews of you lovely ladies here on MUA I decided to go out and purchase the 1oz of this product almost a month ago. I have been using it every night every since. I love the feel and the smell of this product. It smell very clear and makes your skin feel very soft. This is a product that less is more. If you use too much not only will you get greasy, but you will be wasting product. No more than two small drops are needed. You can apply this to dry, clean skin or even mix in with your moisturizer if you feel like its too greasy to apply straight to your skin. I personally don't mind the feeling of the oil and it's always soaked in by morning, but if you are someone with a more oily skin, you may want to mix this with your moisturizer to cut that feeling out. This contains a long list of essential oils-Primerose, Lavender, Jojoba, Rosemary, and Squalane...just to name a few. Yes, you could purchase all of the essential oils cheaper, but Squalane is an expensive ingreadent and there are about 10 other oils in here so it would get expensive. I also figure that this product, like most skincare products is about balance. Some oils if you use too much can break out or irritate the skin, so I would rather trust in a preformulated, balanced product. This for me has been truely worth the money. I am not longer experiencing cyst, and I have only had a few small whiteheads which have cleared up rather easily. I will take a small whitehead that goes away in a day over a cyst which scars and takes weeks to heal anyday! I hope this contiunes to work for me after the baby as well..I don't want to have to go through skincare changes ALL over again! lol Please, do give this a try though if you're considering it. It may be as great for you as it has been for me.