August 30, 2014 | 1797 users online

Hair - Macadamia Natural Oil - Deep Repair Mask

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2013 10:51:00 AM More reviews by boobiedoobiedoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I brought this product because of a lot of YT beauty vloggers raving about it. It's supposed to help repair hair damage, but it made my hair feel like straw. I had to use coconut oil as a hot oil treatment the next day it was so bad. I would not recommend to anybody because: 1. It's over priced, 2. It has very cheap ingredients, and 3. It makes your hair feel terrible after you wash out. If you still really want to try this product, please get the sample size packet first before spending $33 on this POC.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by Catherine257

Good thing is the amazing smell , and that's all.
I gave a few chances but it just not for me .
Made my hair dry. Expensive and no deep repair
What a dissapointment

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2013 7:45:00 PM More reviews by AlexaG69

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have median to thick hair so I have a lot! Frizziness was never a issue but what I was looking for when I bought this product was more moisture, mend my spit ends a little and shinier hair. The next day when I saw the results I noticed fullness in my hair, it was shinier and no frizz! My split ends were kinda the same but other than that I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 4:10:00 AM More reviews by AnikaAnswer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the only mask that's worked for my DRY BRITTLE HAIR. If you have a lot of hair that's normal-fine and is more affected by heat then this is the best mask ever. My hair was so dry and damaged I had to use this as a conditioner and wow does it work. But putting it on wet hair and then washing it later, like some people do, won't give you the most out of the product. Just apply after you shampoo and leave it in your hair for a couple of minutes in the shower like a normal conditioner, the steam probably helps the mask work more effectively as well and after the first use I noticed a difference in my hair. After about 4 uses, my hair was so soft and manageable I don't think I've ever had hair this soft without using a bunch of serums or other leave in products. If you're not sure about buying the full size product you can go to ulta and buy a mini packet of it for $4.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by Jasperla

I have been using this once a week for about a year and love it! it makes my hair soft very silky and tangle free. I feel this have improved the health and appearance of my hair, and the smell is a big plus. I bought the smaller size which comes in a tube, but immediately purchased the full size after using it up. I think the price is good for the quality and the amount you receive. For me its very important to use a clarifying shampoo before this or it doesn't fully work for me. Will keep repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2013 9:46:00 AM More reviews by genie_11

I have curly natural long hair.
I had big expectations from this mask, due to the high rating I found here and on few other sites, and also due to the price.

For my hair it didn t do nothing more than a regular pantene or dove conditioner.

Smell : nice
Efficacy : none

I think there is no comparation between Joico or pure coconut oil and this so called mask, which, in my opinion is just a regular conditioner with a thicker consistency.

I m very upset for giving a huge amount of money on it.
I don t recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2013 6:58:00 AM More reviews by Milliemd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

Omg - this is the worst product I have ever put in my hair!! It left my hair feeling like straw, hard to brush, difficult to style, and I could not wait to wash my hair with my regular products to try to get it feeling soft and manageable again. Apart from that, it has a sickly and overpowering smell (probably due to the fact that in the list of ingredients, fragrance is relatively near the top). Can't help but question why any product that is supposedly all about the natural goodness of macadamia has to add so much artificial chemical-like fragrance to it that the smell lingers in the room for hours after using it. Disgusting.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2013 8:14:00 AM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This mask makes my hair soft and shiny, and it leaves a nice smell in my hair that lasts. It is somewhat expensive for what it is, but the tub really will last for a very long time because you do not need to use very much to get soft and shiny hair. My hair is very fine, but I have a lot of it. As such, I really cannot use a lot of this product anyway. I do repurchase and recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2013 7:54:00 AM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I recently got a haircut that is a tragedy. As such, I've been trying different hair products to try and turn it into something manageable. I've been wanting to try the Macadamia Natural products for a very long time and figured now would be a good opportunity. I purchased a full sized tub of this on eBay for $20 so, obviously, the price factor didn't sting quite as much. I haven't used a ton of hair treatments/masks to compare, and they've all been drugstore products. I do very much like this one. You only need very little for each use so, while the tub is expensive, it will last a long time. I've actually gotten a ton of compliments on my hair since I started using these products.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2013 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Nena13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I normally don't do reviews but maybe I should, considering I really value other consumers opinion. I almost always do a product rating on makeupalley before purchasing a product b/c I hate going and buying something then having to make time to go and return it....annoying.

N-E-WAYS....lol....I first saw this product on JLovesMac1's YouTube channel (check her out!) and she has such beautiful, shiny, healthy looking hair. One one of her vids, she mentioned this and almost had an orgasm smelling the product. I was like wow i need me some of THAT! Being a single mother of 3, college student and working, I waited until I had enough to splurge b/c 33.00 plus tax is half a tank of gas (2 1/2 days of traveling to work/school) and I am a baller on a budget! *BACKGROUND: I have not had a hair cut/trim in about 6 months. I flat iron my hair DAILY and haven't used a heat protector in a while (I know-slap hand). My ends are fried/frizzy and could afford to have about 2 1/2 inches taken off but I'm trying to let it grow out* I used it on a Tuesday night before bed (left it in for 10 mins), instantly I saw a difference. I thought "na, I am just giving this more credit than what is due." Well, I went and played poker at a bar the next night and 1 of my friends noticed how good my hair looked! She even came up and put her hands in it and asked if I went and had a blowout down! I was like no girl! "I'm too poor for all that!" I was impressed and would recommend to anyone trying to repair your hair. I also used Dove Intensive Repair along with this product and I think both are helping but when I used the Macadamia Natural Oil for the first time I was using Pantene Ice Shampoo and Conditioner.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No