December 19, 2014 | 1517 users online

Hair - Macadamia Natural Oil - Deep Repair Mask

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2013 12:05:00 PM More reviews by lovelymallie

I can't imagine my hair-life, without this baby in my life. <3

First things first.
My hair is naturally super dry. I dye it, and used heat on it for several years. (don't worry, I don't you heat everyday anymore). It got so damaged, and one time I was at the hair salon, the lady recommended me the oil from the same brand. (this was 3 years ago, before the drugstores came out with their oils).

That oil was like heaven on my hair, so when I ran out I decided to try something else from the brand. This masque is so hyped, and I understand why. I use it once a week, and I notice such a difference.

My hair is more smooth and less frizzy! Deffintly worth the money, and I will recommend it to EVERYONE, who struggles with dry, frizzy or damaged hair! ;-)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2013 2:22:00 AM More reviews by Figureitout210

I liked this product at first. It was great at detangling my hair after rinsing and left my hair soft but now after using this product for about a month, I have dry hair with a dry, flaky scalp to match. I know this is the cause of my dryness because I haven't made any other hair care changes besides adding this to my routine. I have discontinued using this and would not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by lynn7551

I don't hate it - but I don't love it either. I was really excited about this, and I wanted to love it so much because of all of the great reviews and the cute packaging, but this didn't seem any more special to me than any of the other less expensive hair treatments I have tried. My hair felt great and super soft while I was rinsing it out in the shower (I left it in my hair for the recommended 7 minutes) but once my hair had dried it didn't really feel any different to me. I did note that my hair seemed ever frizzier than normal as it was drying (I let it air dry), but I had the usual amount of frizz once it dried completely. I had hoped that this product would help reduce the frizz but it did not.
I'm glad that I had only purchased the $4 trial size of this product. I don't think I love it enough to splurge on the $33 full size. I have been using L'Oreal's Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm and I actually prefer it and it is a steal at $6. I will continue using that as I think it works better on my hair than this product. I think it leaves my hair less tangled and does a better job of minimizing my frizz.

EDIT: This product seems to be rather drying to my hair. I was actually able to go 3 1/2 days without washing it, which is unusual for me. While that might seem like a benefit, I was hoping this product would add moisture and strengthen my hair. I have tried using it again since and have still found it to be very underwhelming. I have decreased my rating to 2/5. I will be sticking with L'Oreal.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Highdee25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really liked this product AT FIRST, but after using it all up, not much "repair" was done to my hair. I will say, however, that it did make my hair soft and somewhat silky the first two days after using the mask, but after that my hair would go back to its original state. Overall, I like it as a short term solution, but it can get pretty pricey. Smells really good too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by BriddaBella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product after the whole Macadamia hype and since I had been using the Macadamia Healing Oil Spray I decided to buy the Repair Mask.

I like the smell of this Repair Mask and it does quite a good job at keeping my hair nice and shiny. This product is great if you have long hair that you want to keep it healthy and free from split ends.

Although I have to say that my favourite one is still the Kerastase Masquintense.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2013 8:45:00 AM More reviews by zvirbalas

-Made my hair brittle frizzy and dry
-VERY strong and annoing smell

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by cthuynh93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this is my daily conditioner, hearing this, do realize that one shouldn't wash their hair everyday, unless you have an oily scalp. i have the opposite, so i can get by with just bathing and wash my hair every two days apart which allows me to use this product less often and therefore less costly.

the product runs very high for retail, but if you go to beautyplace.com, its literally half the price 16 oz for 22-24 dollars, or check out amazon/ebay.

REVIEW: the masque smells wonderful and works wonder on my hair, yes this is not the most natural product because of the high fragrances and fillers, but w/e the reason is this product works more than anything natural ive every used. For me, if the product doesnt test on animals i'm all for it even if its not "natural". If natural products leave a grimey oily residue, then try this masque. ( I've tried mayo, avocado. olive oil, coconut oil, yogurt, pure almond, jojoba, argan, macadamia nut oils, hot oils, everything...) and its never as efficient, and lasting results as this product, nor do they smell good... lets be honest..lol
the results are beautiful, i have shiny soft nice smelling tangled free hair. i also use the serum and its a 10 leavin spray

so yes, with the immensely cheaper price i get this stuff for, its definitely worth it for me, one 16 oz jar lasts me a year, i repurchase around this time since its holiday season, so more discounts =)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by mkayfitz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this. I REALLY DID. I was so excited to get this. I kept hearing about it on Youtube and I spent 30 bucks on this thing. I didn't think it was actually possible, but my hair was DRIER that before. It actually felt like straw. I don't really care about the packaging, but I know jar packaging is a no-no for a lot of people. I thought maybe I was going crazy so I had my mom try it. (she has color treated, very frizzy and very curly, even more than me haha) and she reported the same thing. Don't waste your money.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by Lauraasti

First hair masque/deep conditioner (I know they're different, but they pretty much do the same things for my hair) that didn't leave my hair feeling oily or weighed down. Between regularly coloring my hair, growing it longer and the colder weather coming, my ends get pretty dry and a section of hair that was previously bleached is brittle and fried, but I noticed results right off the bat with this product. My hair is moisturized, silky and light. I normally have oily hair at my scalp, so that is a major plus that I don't have to worry about excess buildup from a deep treatment. I do wish it weren't so expensive though, but I suppose it's worth it, since a little but goes a very long way and I only use it once a week/every other week, so it lasts a while. It also comes in a smaller tube for a lower price, which I tried first, so it wouldn't be as much of a loss if I didn't like it, but I'm sold!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 7:50:00 AM More reviews by Jessiewujessie

I thought that this product was amazing. Sometimes I'll leave it until leave it for like an hour and sometimes only 10 mins, but either way this product turned out nice I'm nearly finished with my first tub and I'm moving over to the second. But my only concern on this product is the price, and the accessibility to get from Australia, but surprisingly they started selling macadamia products in Safeway and it's a lot cheaper to get from there than at hairhouse warehouse