April 23, 2014 | 1976 users online

Lash Treatments - Careprost (Generic Brand Latisse)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2012 3:29:00 PM More reviews by PussPuss1

This stuff really gets results - my lashes are a lot longer and a bit thicker, and people keep commenting on them recently. I've been using it, consistently, since July, and in about 3 months I saw the full results I wanted. I've now taken to using it twice a week for maintenance, which I hope will work.

Negatives are that it causes me a bit of redness and irritation when I put it on, and I think it's made my dark circles more noticeable. I also think it's increased the red veins on my eyelids, although I hope these side effects will die down now that I'm not using it every day. I may go down to once a week if I find I can maintain my results ok with twice.

Niggles aside, this is one of the most impressive outcomes that I've had from any product, and indeed any MUA recommendation!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2012 9:01:00 PM More reviews by cinderelka90

So I figured I ought to write a review bec I have had this product for a while now, although I haven't been using it consistently for a few reasons. While I did find that my bottom lashes grew considerably, I can't say there was a noticeable difference in my top lashes and certainly no one commented on my lashes at all. I found that using this very consistently would give me red eyes, and some twitching. And recently, I would have these bouts of dizziness so I've stopped using the product to see if its related in any way (its one of the side effects). In any case, I do think that if I would use this very consistently, like every night it would show better results but the side effects are a little frightening. I will try again soon and see if the dizziness returns.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by cheetah7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review is for Careprost, the generic version of Latisse which I ordered from ADC. I wanted to wait until I saw some results before writing this review. To the point:

Weeks 1-2: some curl but very minimal lengthening.

Weeks 3-5: some lengthening observed as well as more curl.

Week 6: Major lengthening. It's as if overnight they have almost doubled in length. Some hairs on both sides are still a bit shortish and some are freakishly long, particularly the ones in the outer corners. By this time, I started getting compliments from co-workers and family members.

Week 8: Yesterday made exactly 8 weeks. The shorter hairs are catching up in length to the very long ones so now I have more long hairs than shorter ones. There is a bit more lengthening compared to week 6.. Curl is about the same. No thickening observed.

I don't wear mascara everyday since my lashes are already black but when I do, they look like fake lashes,even with one coat. In fact they almost look ridiculously long and remind me of overgrown weeds. I suppose I'm at the awkward stage where the growth is unruly but hopefully in time it will all even out.

How I apply the product: I use a very thin brush that came from an Urban Decay liquid liner which I disinfected prior to use. I then put ONE DROP on a small mirror and dip my brush in there. One drop is enough for both eyes and both brows (at least for me). I find this method the least wasteful. I'm still on my first bottle.

Side effects: first 2 weeks I had slightly itchy eyes and eyelids that went away by the 3rd week. I also had hyperpigmentation of eyelids that I still have to this day. I don't mind the look at all since it looks like faded eyeliner. No red eyes and no iris color change.

UPDATE: Today makes exactly 16 wks since I started using Careprost. My current results at this final stage are: Very long (almost an inch) lashes, particularly the outer edges. Thickening happened on wk 13 so now not only are they very long, they are very thick as well. They are also darker than before even though my lashes were already black to begin with. The lashes are also pretty much equal in length now because the shorter hairs have finally caught up to the real long ones. Perhaps my most favorite part is the curl. I no longer use a curler and when I wear mascara it looks ridiculous that I always get comments on them. All in all it was worth the wait. By the way, my first bottle lasted the whole 16 weeks which I think is impressive! Tomorrow I will be opening a new bottle to start the maintenance phase. For reference, you can see pics of my results on my profile.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by colettemeek

super cheap if you buy in bulk to compensate for crazy shipping from alldaychemist.com. i've followed instructions on described on here and have been super happy. my lashes are longer than ever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2012 7:39:00 AM More reviews by FlawedAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have used Careprost for a few years now, so I think a review is in order. According to my dermatologist who sells Latisse in his office, the two products are truly identical in every way except the packaging. So if you're comfortable with Latisse, Careprost is most certainly equivalent. Now, here are the results I've gotten: my lashes pretty much doubled in length. They are not thicker or darker mind you, just longer. In fact sometimes a lash or two gets so long, I actually have to trim it! On the down side, they seem to grow in a bit straighter and at odder angles that makes achieving a uniform curl more difficult. Also, my eyelids are slightly darker, which I correct with MAC paint pots in Bare Study. But from what I've read, darkened lids are a pretty normal side effect and if that possibility bugs you, this product may not be for you. It's important to note though that this is reversible. When I stopped using Careprost for a few weeks when traveling, my lids lightened right back up. As to starting off, in the first 2 weeks of using it, my eyes felt very itchy and were red in the morning. I slowed to every other night and used some OTC anti-redness eye drops for a bit, and the problem resolved. I now use it every night with no issues. Also worth noting, this stuff helped immensely with restoring my brows after I over-plucked them badly. Within 3 weeks I went from the dreaded tadpole brows to a nice shape, with evenly filled in hairs. At night I would just apply in the shape I wanted my hairs back, and voila I am no longer a fugly eyebrow freak. For $11.00 this is most certainly a 5 lippie product because it does what it says for a very cheap price. I suggest ordering the $12.00 bottle at least once though because the application brush that comes with it is perfect as it creates zero product waste (big issue with regular Latisse). As to ordering, I've found dealing with ADC to be not worth the headache, so I go through a reliable 3rd party vendor who is very honest and has done many group orders. Well worth a few extra bucks for peace of mind! Bottom line: If you've ever wanted Latisse, but not wanted to spend the money, I highly recommend Careprost.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2012 2:23:00 AM More reviews by pixiedust2

This works for me, big time! I started using it 3 1/2 months ago. I noticed slight growth within 6 weeks. By the end of the second month, I had very noticeable growth. My lashes look so great now. The lashes on the outer corner of my eyes are sooo long, love it. They have increased in volume as well, but it's the length that has really exceeded my hopes. The only time it's bothered my eyes is when I wasn't careful enough in the beginning, and over applied too close to the lash line. I woke up with really red, irritated eyes. I'm more careful now. I also haven't had the red line problem on my eyelids. My lashes are so long that I don't even curl my eyelashes anymore, which is unbelievable to me. I've been curling my lashes my entire life. So bottom line, increased length, curl and volume, in that order. I'm only applying 2-3 times a week now to maintain. New HG, can't live without this stuff

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2012 1:44:00 AM More reviews by mellyrose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

GRRR. Why do I seem to be the only one this didn't work for? I used two bottles of Latisse and switched to Careprost because of the price and because of the good reviews. I have been using for 27 weeks. My lashes are light, straight, and with the exception of the very outer lashes look exactly the same as pre-treatment. I think with mascara they do look better than before (but I don't remember). I will use my final bottle and if a miracle doesn't occur will stop using. I'm really sad..my friends lashes are ridiculous!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2012 1:48:00 AM More reviews by scridsrolls

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Bought my Careprost from inhousepharmacy.biz with no issues and got a good working product. :o)

General comments: I have been using this product for over 4 months now. I apply this nightly with the method suggested by other MUAers; by placing one drop in the cap's well and using a brush dipped into the drop (only one drop is needed for both eyes.) Instead of a makeup eyeliner brush, I actually use a very fine artist brush that I bought from Michael's. This way, I get the product directly into the lashline and no where else on my eyelid. (I have avoided that "pink puffy" line along the eyelid that some people experience.) I am extremely careful about application--I don't think it's a good idea to get this stuff into your eyes if you don't have glaucoma. I dab the product into the lash line twice and this completely uses up the drop. Then I wash and dry the brush and cap after use--every time.

First month: The first two weeks I used this, my eyes were red and rather dry. The constant redness subsided after several weeks but I still notice that my eyes become a bit red everytime I use Careprost. I use it on most nights, so I don't have to worry about going out in public with slightly red eyes. The first month, I didn't notice much of a difference. I am half-chinese, so I naturally have the typical sparse, short lashes. I wasn't so much interested in developing length as I was thickness. However, after about 4 weeks of use, I noticed that *some* of the lashes were *definitely* several millimeters longer. Encouraged, I pressed into month 2!!

Second month: By the end of the second month, my lashes were *definitely* looking impressive. Several millimeters of growth on most of the lashes by this point. I was floored. This stuff....actually works!! I had never had lashes this long, ever. I had tried falsies in all sorts of styles and many types of mascaras, but these were mine, all mine!! Still not as much thickness as I would have liked, but the length made them noticeable. I began to notice that the treated lashes began to curl a bit, and some developed a "kinky" sort of look.

Third month: By this time, my lashes were getting...I'll just say it...ridiculous. I would never, ever have dreamed of using that word for *my* pitiful eyelashes. I always wore thick eyeliner to try to make up for my lack of a lashline, but by this point I ditched eyeliner *completely.* I began to notice a little extra thickness, and lashes growing in the INNER corners of my eyes, near the tearduct....where lashes have never grown before. Oddly, the lashes towards the inner corners of my eyes (those on the actual lashline) grew the longest, and not the ones on the outer corners. I actually had to let up on application towards the inner corners of my eyes, as these were getting so long it began to look silly. I also had to let up on mascara application, as my eyelashes now looked so long that they just seemed fake with too much makeup on them.

Fourth month: Lashes have not grown longer than they were in the third month. I was hoping to have developed at least more thickness by this point, but they seemed to have reached a "standstill." Overall, I have gained 4-6 millimeters total on lash length from when I started, I kid you not.

The WORST thing about using Careprost is that it seems to get your lashes on the same growing cycle. So they all seem to shed at the same time. I noticed this was the worst after 4 months of use. Clumps of them would fall out for days at a time, so while the few I had left were extremely long, one eye would have more lashes than the other, and both would be super gappy. This is very frustrating. You just have to be patient and let them grow in all over again.

18 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2012 4:36:00 PM More reviews by notagoodidea

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After using Latisse for 2 years with amazing results, I got stupid and cheap and began using Careprost / Bimaprost. I absolutely believe there is a major difference in strength. Everyone knows that some prescription generics are just as effective as the major brands. And some are not. If I'm going to grow eyelashes, I might as well grow the best ones I can. Stick to to real thing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2012 7:18:00 PM More reviews by mrdvc

It worked for my sparse lashes, more grew and grew longer. I'm 50 and my lashes and brows thinned considerably in the past several years but Careprost brought my lashes back to life although it didn't work very well on my brows.

They aren't Eva Longoria lashes, but then again, they never were. I'm happy with the results.

Something else that helps grow/maintain lashes is Christian Dior Diorshow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No