July 31, 2014 | 1030 users online

Lash Treatments - Careprost (Generic Brand Latisse)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2013 12:50:00 AM More reviews by gilliannc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have ordered several times from ADC with no problems. I do think this past time it has been irritating my eyes a bit...red eye and watering. I ordered several and will throw out what i have been using and try a new bottle asit could also be allergies. I have used Latisse in the past and have had no problems, HOWEVER I think their applicators are non-effective as they absorb most of the liquid(pricey) before it even gets to your eye! And I think ridiculous to use 1 for each eye. I put one drop in palm and use tiny eyeliner brush and this is AMPLE for both eyes. I think it is a marketing ploy to get you to use one bottle a month.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2013 9:42:00 AM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Dunno about this. I started using this nightly on January 7th. It is now the 25th and I see no lengthening results. I will say that my lashes are much stronger. I haven't lost one lash since starting this treatment. Most ladies in reviews said that they saw result in 2 weeks and I was hoping to be one of them :(. hasn't happened for me, though. Will update when I see some lengthening. For now, 1 lippie for the strengthening.
***UPDATE*** 3/11/2013 Been using this for 2 dull months now and it is working!!!! I'm really excited and am bringing up my review from 1 lippie to 3. It is just 3 lippies because I now have longer lashes but no more thickness. Also, it is uneven, my left eye has curlier lashes (always has) so the growth while there, doesn't show. I am still on my first bottle and I use a smashbox eyeliner brush to apply, use the excess on my brows. I do have some eyelid itching and under eye darkening as I use this on the top and bottom lashes. I ordered 2 more bottles yesterday as I plan to see just how long my lashes can get.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2013 2:12:00 PM More reviews by jacquelinemay9

Purchased this product from inhousepharmacy.biz
$30 per bottle.

The product took about 10 business days to arrive. They provide tracking info, which is nice. Packaging was standard. If you order in bulk you get a better price. If you can find a few friends who want to go in on it with you, I'd recommend taking that route.

As far as the actual product goes, I love it! Saw some pretty promising results after the first 4 weeks. By 8 weeks I had people commenting and asking if I'm using extensions or fake lashes. I usually use Maybelline Colossal Mascara and Benefit Bad Gal mascara (first one for length, second for volume) and I have to say, my eyelashes really do look fake. They almost touch my eyebrows, and forget about wearing glasses. I experienced some irritation on my lash line (redness that usually disappears by morning, slight darkening as well). No dark spots on my iris (I have very light blue eyes and this was my biggest concern). I use a very thin eyeliner brush and wash it well after each use.

At 12 weeks, using mascara is almost too much. I had my lashes tinted ($35 at my local salon) and now I go bare lashed while at work or at home. I still get compliments on them, and now people can see how long they actually are, as opposed to giving credit to a great mascara.

Would I recommend this product? Absolutely! The only other thing you need for great results is patience.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by melissamentor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I would definitely buy it again, because you can get it for $40.00 on Amazon and Latisse is $100. but I have the same problem with it as I did with Latisse. 1. Medication - prescription-possible side effects
2. application - carry a brush with you, drop in a cap... couldnt they find a better way to apply this stuff?
3. I do get slightly irritated on my upper lashes. I still will buy it, even my favorite two products in eyelash growth are Lilash and Fysiko

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 9:44:00 PM More reviews by yvonneraczek

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I started using Careprost 2 years ago and I haven't experienced any side effects or eye redness. I was "blessed" with short eyelashes and I've always been jealous with people who have long and thick lashes. 2 months after I started using Careprost, my eyelashes has grown significantly longer and few months after again I noticed that they started getting thicker! Such an amazing product with very little investment. I buy mine from lifetimelashes . com because it only takes a day or 2 to get to me. I live in Colorado and i never had any problems with my Careprost supplier. Easy to communicate and fast shipping. Careprost is really a great product, just make sure that you don't get an expired bottle from other suppliers and you're good to go!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 6:29:00 PM More reviews by missdameblush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

EDIT: Almost 3 months into having this in my routine, regularly applying it (at night), i can attest that this stuff does make your lashes longer, slightly thicker too at least on mine. I do not curl my lashes before applying mascara anymore because it just looks too much sometimes. Will definitely repurchase over and over again. HG material this one and only a fraction of the price to other lash growth products.

This is too soon for a review as i just used it twice having gotten it yesterday. But omg my eyes gets so red, like those vampires or someone who is high. Not right away but when i wake up. WORRIED.Btw, i got this on an online order at ADC, shipping was pretty prompt and i got it in a week. The website was not shady comparing to that other webstore i heard of that takes more than what the product costs. I paid 30 usd but i think americans can get it for 10 usd.

EDIT:

Week 1, some serious red eyes in the first couple of days.
Week 2, experienced sensitivity on the lashline and darkening as well.
Week 3, noticing a hint of length and the top layers of my lashes are definitely curling upwards on its own. Yay. This product is lengthening as i have noticed, it does not really promote volume on the lashes.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2012 8:21:00 AM More reviews by sandia1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Let me begin by saying that I started using Latisse in September of 2009 and used it for 5 months before switching to Careprost. By the 16th week of using Latisse, my lashes and brows went from blonde and thin(nner), [as they'd thinned and gotten blonde as I'd aged- I'm 51 now.] to darker and THICK and long. My lashes were IGNORANT long and thick. Almost too long when I wore mascara. My eyebrows were fantastic as well. All I really had to do was tint them with Just For Men Gel. Beautiful!

As with most, I couldn't resist switching to Careprost because of the lower cost compared to the expensive Latisse. However, within a couple of months of using Careprost every other night to maintain my lash length & thickness as is suggested, I was really disappointed. :( They got thinner and shorter. I started using it every day again as I did with Latisse in the beginning. Nothing changed much. My lashes have remained longer and thicker than they were pre-Latisse, but my brows aren't nearly as thick as they were when I used Latisse and my lashes are longer than before I ever used Latisse. There is definitely a difference between the 2 products IMO. All of my bottles of Careprost have come from ADC, btw. From my own experience I definitely think there is a difference between the generic and the Brand name unless something happened and I became "used to it" or resistant, or if that's even possible.

I haven't tried to purchase Latisse in the UK since I've only seen prices even higher than in the USA. I will buy Latisse when we move back to the USA this month and see if there is a difference as I strongly believe there is and report back. All in all, I think Careprost is a great product and would recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/3/2012 4:50:00 PM More reviews by katpowell

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've used both Latisse & Careprost with the same good results. But the last batch of Careprost I bought from United Pharmacy may have been bad. I got a painful ulcer on my eye after accidentally getting excess solution in the outer corner of my eye. I went to the eye doctor who prescribed an antibiotic for a week which solved the problem. Thank God, lancing it was the next option!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2012 9:22:00 AM More reviews by SugarFreeSheila

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using Careprost - i.e., .03% bimatoprost, same as the $129 Latisse - for several years now with a great result and no side effects at all. Since my lashes were long to begin with, I wasn't sure I'd see results - but I did! It further enhanced what was already there by making them a little bit longer, somewhat fuller, and even a tiny bit darker. When I'd wear mascara, people would ask me if my lashes were fake before; now they pretty much assume it. I use the Careprost about every third night. Each bottle is $5, an eyeliner brush is used for application that I soap & scald about once a week, & I toss each bottle out once a month. P.S: I only apply to top lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2012 3:29:00 PM More reviews by PussPuss1

This stuff really gets results - my lashes are a lot longer and a bit thicker, and people keep commenting on them recently. I've been using it, consistently, since July, and in about 3 months I saw the full results I wanted. I've now taken to using it twice a week for maintenance, which I hope will work.

Negatives are that it causes me a bit of redness and irritation when I put it on, and I think it's made my dark circles more noticeable. I also think it's increased the red veins on my eyelids, although I hope these side effects will die down now that I'm not using it every day. I may go down to once a week if I find I can maintain my results ok with twice.

Niggles aside, this is one of the most impressive outcomes that I've had from any product, and indeed any MUA recommendation!