MAC Mineralize Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Octinoxate 2.50% Ingredients: Water\Aqua\Eau, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Isohexadecane, Dextrin Palmitate, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Alcohol, Triethylhexanoin, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Pentylene Glycol, Glycerin, Haberlea Rhodopensis Leaf Extract, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract\Beta Vulgaris\Extrait De Racine De Betterave, Yeast Extract\Faex\Extrait De Levure, Lysine, PEG-15/Lauryl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Stearoyl Inulin, Magnesium Chloride, Octyldodecyl PCA, Caprylyl Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Zinc Chloride, Isododecane, Potassium Chloride, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Citrate, Phenoxyethanol [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288)]

Pros:
-Good for my dry cheek--has a slightly sticky finish which I personally enjoy, not to over the top
-Medium coverage for those who enjoy it
-Blends and evens out skin tone nicely
-No sparkles

Cons:
-I wish it was in squeeze tube--I think it could have been done..
-So little product for the price
-Doesn't cover all acne marks (use concealer)

I think using the warmth of your fingers works better for this product to blend out. I used the brush that was meant for this foundation (the little, dense, mini duo-fiber forgot the number) and I absolutely hate getting the black hairs on my face to pick off. The brush made it a little streaky and took longer to swirl, stipple, blend etc. I end up washing my hands, swirling my ring finger and streaking it across twice on my cheeks due to extra redness there, once on forehead, once on chin, and a bit on nose and under eyes and blending it that way tapping and blending, adding more if necessary. Seems to work better for me. Will try with flat top blender from Sonia Kushak next to see if that works well.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

My first makeup was MAC Studio Tech. What I didn't like because it was too thick & I didn't like how it was on my skin. And I took the Mineralize SPF 15 foundation at MAC by chance & without any recommendation. I tried it & I enjoyed my first Mineralize SPF 15 Foundation NW50 (it was in summer 2010) & I went to a MAC recently & I told the lady that I was a NW50 she looked at me weird & told me are you sure? lol I'm like yes & she said okay! She tried it & said it's the wrong color for you, it's too dark. At Home (actually at home the light is sooooo bad) & the last time I tried it didn"t seem NW50 was too dark (epic fail) ... lol! And she offered me the NW45 was so much better we can't even tell if I wear makeup. People say my skin look good & blabla & when I told them it was because I wear makeup they sad it doesn't appear at all. The lady who say me to take the NW45 was right & did a good job. My NW50 might be good for the summer when I'll probably take a bit of color. Oh maybe because it was summer she was offered me to take the NW50...but still!! I simply love this foundation & with Minerallize skinfinish in Deep dark is the bomb !! :D xx

I went to the SA at MAC in Debenhams hoping that she could give me something to save my dull skin. I had been using my previous summer foundations and they just weren't working for me as my skin had got lighter and dryer in the winter. So I bought this and the 130 brush. The foundation looked flawless in store but as i've been using it, i feel it might be too dark and I can already see the bottom of my container and it's been a month. I don't use it everyday as it's quite thick and feels heavy on my skin. This seems similar to MAC moistureblend which has been discontinued. If you have really dry skin then this is for you.I'm still on the search for my perfect foundation but this will do for now!

i am heartbroken. i thought i had found the one. but it gave me bad cystic acne on my chin :( otherwise, i think this is an amazing foundation! this and the 130 brush is the perfect combination. i def reccomend it because the stiffness really helps to give the coverage you need and an airbrushed finish. i had never seen my skin so flawless and natural looking before! it stays dewy for a while so i would powder after putting this on because it feels kinda odd. i would imagine someone would oily skin would feel gross in this but it is great for dry.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I found this foundation to be moisturizing and could be applied evenly with the right brush, brush 130. I do not wear this every day and had for a month and was already seeing the bottom. I did not feel this foundation helped provide a dewy look or had any light reflecting properties in it. I prefer studio sculpt over this. To help, I have light to medium complexion and wear a NC 25 and have pretty normal skin, some oily spots and some dry spots. This did wear off of my nose after an hour of application with a primer and this is not an oily area for me. This did not cause me to break out or have any allergy break out of red bumps which certain products cause me to have. However, I think this is pricey considering with everyday use and with a brush (that is supposed to make it last longer) you would probably go through it in a month

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm a little torn on how to review this foundation. I bought it because I wanted a cream compact for quicker and more mess-free application when I'm in a rush in the morning, and for easier travel. However, I just don't love the finish - it doesn't even out my skintone as much as I would like, doesn't do much to make my skin look better, and it feels sticky to the touch all day. I don't think it's worth the price, it's not really better than the CG Simply Ageless, although that one doesn't give a beautiful finish either. For what it's worth, it doesn't break me out, but not many products do.

This is my first MAC foundation. I went into the store and asked about a light coverage foundation, as my only real concern is redness. They put the tinted moisturizer on first, but it was slightly too little coverage and I dislike having to build up product. The SA directed me to this next, and tried NC20 on me- as this apparently runs darker than most MAC, I assume that's what my skin tone truly is, but we had to go to NC15 for this one. She applied it with the 187 and showed me... wow. I looked really airbrushed, dewy, and gorgeous- exactly the right look for someone my age. I bought it on the spot.

I apply this with the E.L.F flat top powder brush and it looks just as good as with the 187. Unless something happens with my skin, this is my HG foundation. Thank you MAC!

I'm not a foundation fan. I have purchased and used no more than 5 times Nars, Shisheido, Chanel, Prescriptives (in my youth) etc, in liquid, stick, powder, crème to powder, you name it. This is the first one that I actually use at least a couple of times a week. Its very moist, has moderate but buildable coverage and doesn't leave that TiO2 ashiness on my NC32 skin. Also doesn't settle into pores like the Nars powder fdtn that everyone else seems to love. Since I'm far too lazy have even tried to use a liquid foundation for a decade I can't speak to naturalness of the finish (though the Armani liquid applied by an SA looked like I'd been sprayed with pancake mix), but this Mineralize, originally purchased to cover an acne catastrophe, looks really natural.

I don't like full coverage foundations very much, so I found myself diluting my previous MAC liquid foundation with strobe cream to get a dewy, lighter look. This product gives me exactly what I was trying to achieve. Also, this product has converted me to compact foundation, makes life so much easier. However the one downside is the price, it is $59 AUD and I get less product compared to my last MAC foundation which was cheaper. However I'm so impressed with this that I'm willing to overlook this.

I was curious to try this foundation and wanted to hold off on reviewing it, since most MAC foundations I've used in the past have resulted in a face-ful of pimples for me. Lucikly (knock on wood!) -- I have used this off and on for the last 2 months, and have not had any problems with breakouts.

As others have mentioned, the colors in this range run dark. I typically use NC20, but was matched in NC15 in the Mineralize. It is maybe a hair lighter than I would like, but the NC20 was way too dark, so this was the best I could do.

I bought the accompanying #130 brush, and it works well at giving me an airbrushed look. The finish of Mineralize is satin-creamy, so I was afraid that it would be unflattering for my combo skin, but that was not the case. I do have to blot a couple of times during the day (as opposed to 1X with a more matte foundation). The coverage is medium to full, so I only need a touch of concealer on my dark undereye circles and a hint on any acne scars/discolorations I may have.

Just a side note -- for some reason, my compact was glued together when I received it. I think they had used too much glue to glue the pan to the compact, so when they sealed it, the glue oozed all over and stuck the top of the compact to the bottom. Kind of gross, and for $32, is not really acceptable, but at least now I know that the compact will stay shut tightly when not in use.

Anyway, overall, a good foundation, and I really liked using this on the colder days/winter months, as it helped keep my skin comfortable. continued >>