November 24, 2014 | 1023 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 1:20:00 AM More reviews by SanFranGirl

I have heard so many raves about this product, so about half a year ago, I finally decided to purchase it. And oh my - it changed my view on Bourjois foundations!

I can be described as a high end makeup girl simply because I was afraid the drugstore ones are a waste of money (due to poor color range, bad longevity and so on). But Healthy Mix change my view on things.

Packaging: it comes in this nice handy plastic tube with a pump and what I love the most is that the uplifting mechanism of it that pushes the product up - so you waste not even a drop of the product! Amazing

Scent & Texture: the texture of this is quite nice and builds up/smooths out very nicely. The Scent is very nice and somehow reminds me of berries and a little bit of Chanel foundations. It doesn't stick to the skin though, but every time I grab my foundation brush - it smells very nice.

Application: is very very easy. I find this to be my slap on/in-hurry product. I apply mine with a nice buffing synthetic brush and I believe synthetic bristles are best for this kind of foundations.

Finish: it is medium-full (can be used slightly and give you light coverage) dries to this semi-matte, velvety finish which might get a little bit shiny in my T-zone (despite me having dry skin) - so sometimes I powder it slightly through the nose, forehead and chin. I find it slightly similar to my Vitalumiere Aqua, but still Chanel one looks slightly better

Longevity: I fairly believe this one has great long-lasting power that lasts (don't know about 16hrs) but for 12hrs for sure! I don't see it dissolving or creating patches or anything like that at all.

Feel: I have got dry skin and I don't find this product ever drying my skin out! Even when I wear it all day.

I believe this is the brilliant product for those who don't want to splurge on high-end expensive foundations - yet have a great product.
The only down-side to the Healthy Mix is that it comes in such a small variety of shades. I found my perfect shade though which is when I have no tan on - NC30 (Mac) is compatible with #52 (Vanilla).

When I run out of this, I quite see myself reaching out for the new tube.

For more reviews on other great makeup products head here:

---
I actually also tried the new version of Healthy Mix that says 'Glow' on it. It comes in a glass bottle without an uplifting mechanism (which I already don't like) and has somewhat similar finish to the original Healthy Mix one, but with a very hardly noticeable sheen to it. It smells also similar to the original formula, but not as much. Like if Bourjois decided to tone down the scent in the new formula.
I am not as much in love with the Healthy Mix liquid foundation that says 'Glow' on it (I don't remember the exact name of it) but it is a good product nevertheless.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2014 10:34:00 AM More reviews by edentomlinsonx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A nice light foundation good for everyday use! I did buy a colour too dark so only use it when I tan. It also has a fruity scent so lovely.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2014 4:05:00 PM More reviews by PianoGirl1985

I like this foundation but I don't love it. It is extremely light weight and the overall effect it creates and the longevity throughout the day reminds me very much or Josie Maran's matchmaking liquid foundation which I love. The difference is of course if that Josie Maran foundation has argan oil in it and it is slightly mattifying. This Bourjois foundation is very light coverage (at least for me) and I had no problem smoothing it out on my skin over Hourglass minearl veil primer. It stayed semi-matte for an hour or so and became dewy quite quickly (I have combo skin). The one thing I do not care for in this foundation is that for some reason when I set it with powder, after awhile my skin looks rather chalky and greesy at the same time. So I have to smooth out my skin with a velure puff and use a blotting powder to set it again by mid-day.
I am in a process of ordering Mally's poreless skin perfector so hopefully that will make the foundation stay more even and and appear less greesy.
I do like it overall and will continue to use it but since I have an oily t-zone I just have to work with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2014 7:51:00 AM More reviews by reb7e

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

In love with this foundation! I have combination skin, very oily in the T zone & normal, sometimes dry in the rest of my face. This foundation goes on beautifully giving a healthy, dewy glow to my skin. It's lasting power is also good although after 5-6 hours you will need to blot/powder if you have oily skin. The shade range is pretty decent too if you're on the lighter side, unfortunately Bourjois doesn't do dark shades which is probably the only downside to this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 6:16:00 PM More reviews by uxi

A great, natural foundation that glides easily across the skin. Has a nonviscous texture which feels just like water.
Has a gentle, shampoo-like fruity smell which is not at all bad.
Comes in a glass bottle with a pump which is easy to use.
Purchased it perhaps a shade or two too dark, but that is my fault.
Would recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by Rahila520d

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation as it is one of the very few that has worked well on my dry skin. Unfortunately, I am between shades, between 53 and 55 but I mix the 53 with a bit of l'oreals lumi magique and it helps to warm the tone up a little as 55 is a tad too dark. However, dueing the winter now that my skin is a little drier than usual, this foundation has started to feel a little heavier and slightly cakey, not sure why. But I would definately buy again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2014 11:22:00 AM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Unfortunately, I really don't get on with this foundation.

I chose shade 52 (Vanilla) which is a great match for a NC/NW20 - if in doubt or in between shades, go lighter as it can look a little orangey. I tried applying with both fingers and my Real Techniques buffing brush, but it was difficult to blend and really clung to fine hairs and the slightest of dry patches - not a flattering look. I also found it a little too sheer for my liking - I have some redness and some slight acne scarring on my skin: nothing too severe by any means, yet this didn't do much to cover it. Despite claims of anti-fatigue radiance and 16-hour wear, it didn't make my skin look particularly more radiant than usual, nor did it wear well for more than 4 hours when I had to get the blotting sheets out to control my oiliness, which took off a lot of the foundation.

I wouldn't highly recommend this - in my opinion, it's not worth the hype as the coverage is no more than a step up from a tinted moisturiser yet doesn't offer anything special that my cheaper, more effective foundations can't do. I think I'll stick with my medium to full coverage options and I won't be using this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2014 10:34:00 AM More reviews by 26cyj58

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Really good foundation, especially considering the price. The packaging is fine, although the lid seems to come off a lot. It smells good, goes on easily and looks lovely on. The coverage is actually really good but still looks natural. It's the one foundation which, when I'm wearing it, I feel confident that it's looking ok and not highlighting every wrinkle and crevice inflicting on my skin!
Only thing is I wish the staying power was slightly better. I also feel that the shade selection could be improved slightly. They are always either too pink or too yellow.
Other than that I've no other complaints. I've purchased foundations a lot more expensive than this one which look awful on the skin. That's why I've repurchased this so many times because I just know it's reliable.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2014 3:53:00 AM More reviews by cottoncandisky

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros:
+Very affordable
+Hygienic packaging (pump)
+Doesn't break me out
+Doesn't get oily
+Smells nice
+Pretty easy to find a matching shade as MAC shades are very similar to these

Cons:
-Not exactly a great coverage
-Can make your skin a bit dry if you have very dry skin like me (good for combination skins)

The Bourjois gel serum foundation is better for dry skin

Other things...
Theres no SPF which is sometimes good (when taking photos with flash) but inconvenient for everyday use, I have to wear sunscreen underneath.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2014 3:39:00 AM More reviews by Cath12

Even though this wore better throughout the day over the Gel Serum version, (Gel version unfortunately got quite oily around my nose), I didn't like the finish of this as much. It looked cakey than the Gel version and just didn't give me the pretty glow I was hoping for.