October 25, 2014 | 1086 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2013 4:06:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

So, this is a great drugstore foundation. After reading all the reviews on MUA, I just had to figure out a way to purchase it even though it is not sold in the US. I ended up going with purchasing it from ASOS. It costs about 9.99 pounds...but you get 1 pound off with using the ASOS student discount and free shipping. Overall, I believe this came out cheaper than if I had purchased it in Europe.

As for the foundation, 51 Light Vanilla matches my NW15 skin tone perfectly. I guess the foundation leans more toward the yellow undertone side. But apparently, that fits my skin shade better. Who knew? I don't usually like foundation with a smell to it. But this one smells AMAZING- apple, melon, apricot blend. The formula is a super moisturizing liquid foundation that isn't too runny. It blends really well on the skin. It takes a while to dry to a dewy finish.

It covers all my blemishes and makes my skin even. As for acne or problem areas, it doesn't have much coverage whatsoever. It is more like a BB cream or tinted moisturizer in that aspect. If you have flawless skin with blemishes, then this is your HG product. Or perhaps for those with only several areas to cover with corrector OR concealer.

Overall, I think this is the perfect foundation for work or daily outings. It is really moisturizing and wears as YOUR SKIN BUT BETTER. I have combination skin, no issues here. The price is on par with other US drugstore foundations. Probably need another foundation for med/full coverage on special occasions...high end or Revlon Color Whipped.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 6:07:00 AM More reviews by CPyl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My HG foundation! My skin has never looked so nice before with any of the high end foundations I have used. I was shocked to see how naturally flawless and glowing my skin looked in daylight. Staying power, application, finish... It ticks all the boxes for me. And for the price it is a steal!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/25/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by herbloomingcheeks

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Teenager skin, blemishes, redness...looks cakey, clings on to try patches but still makes you oily, made me breakout like crazy. At first I liked it a lot but after a month of everyday use I cannot wait to go and get a new foundation tomorrow...my skin looks horible!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2013 9:00:00 AM More reviews by lingxi27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've always read a lot of good reviews for this one, and then I saw Lisa Eldridge talk about it in her videos, and Priceline was having a sale for Bourjois so I have this in 52 now. It's moderate-buildable coverage, applies smoothly (I use the Illamasqua highlighter brush), lasts reasonably well on my oily skin and doesn't break me out. This is now my new everyday go to foundation and the price is also very reasonable as Priceline always has Bourjois sales. A definite staple in my makeup bag!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by toomuchjoy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

My sister was in London and I asked her to pick this up for me. I matched myself to shade 55, which works pretty well for me (I'm usually about NC 35-37). This is one of the nicer drugstore foundations I've tried. It gives medium coverage and lasts on my skin the whole work day. It doesn't accentuate any dry patches and gives a natural glow to the skin. I have normal to combination skin for reference. I also like this for mixing with my sheerer tinted moisturizers and BB's for added coverage. My skin looks almost airbrushed when I apply this foundation with my Real Techniques buffing brush or expert face brush.

The foundation comes in a cylindrical plastic tube with a pump. The pump does a pretty good job of dispensing product. My only issue is that I think it is a bit expensive for how utilitarian the packaging is. It doesn't look pretty, but the product inside more than makes up for that!

Overall, really nice foundation, drugstore or otherwise. I would repurchase but it's not the most accessible brand. I remember Borjois being sold in the US -- what happened? Please come back!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 7:37:00 AM More reviews by polivv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Before I purchased this, I had been hearing rave reviews about it for the longest time. I hadn't bought it before because I shelled out my designated foundation budget on Maybelline's Dream Satin Liquid foundation, and that was money down the drain. I did buy the Healthy Mix on eBay for 8.90 pounds, which is lower than the retail price of 10 pounds. Beforehand I had gone to the drugstore to colour-mach myself, so that I knew which one to buy. I have very pale skin, with a slightly yellow undertone, and both shades 51 and 52 work for me. I bought 51 because I knew any traces of tan I had managed to acquire over the summer would soon fade. And as I live in England, at least 8 months of paleness awaited me, so I didn't want to be stuck with a foundation which was too dark for my skin and would have to be brought all the way down the neck all the time. I try to put on as little as possible, even though I have lots of blemishes to cover, but I hate having to cake on makeup. I wanted a colour that would work with my pale skin well enough to the point where it would be unnoticeable that I have foundation all over my face, but not on my neck. The Healthy Mix does that for me.

Most light coloured foundations I've tried are always too dark, too pink, or both. Healthy Mix is a nice neutral undertone, very simple and balanced. I have dry, clog-prone skin, and was very afraid of putting anything on it that could clog it. What a relief it was when the Healthy Mix didn't. It is very moisturizing, so I avoid heavy moisturizers and even primer before this, because they are unnecessary.This foundation is practically made for dry skin, moisturizing but not in the horribly heavy, thick, greasy way the Dream Satin Liquid turned out for me. I use a light water-based gel moisturizer under the Healthy Mix. I was surprised with the high amount of coverage. I would say it's a strong medium, a bit buildable, but if you push it it looks a bit cakey. You couldn't achieve full coverage with just this, but that's not even what it's meant to do. I have blemishes and pigmented scars on my face, and this is quite enough for me, with the aid of just a bit of concealer on the worst spots. I apply this with a damp makeup sponge and it's goes on very well, blends beautifully. I've also tried applying it with my fingers, and it still blends in, but because it is very liquid, I can't get the same level of seamless blending I can get with a sponge. I haven't tried applying it with a brush because I dislike brushes.

Even on my dry skin, after a few hours, my forehead gets very shiny with this foundation on. It looked oily, but it wasn't actually oil, more like overly moisturized skin. That didn't bother me too much, as it was new to me, my skin always looked matte before because it was so dry. I haven't got any breakouts from the foundation or getting oily, but I did purchase a cheap pressed powder aimed at acne-prone skin (Miss Sporty So Clear translucent pressed powder, which I have also done a review on), just in case. I got the dream team when I added that. I only need to powder my forehead a bit, only once in the day, and I get 12 hours out of this foundation. I even forget I have it on. It feels like nothing on the skin. I would assume for oily skin you'd have to powder more than just the forehead, but then again you'd have to powder anyway; and that powder held up so well for me, I don't think even oil-slick-level of oily skinned users would have a problem with this foundation.

The packaging is great, it's a pump with a spring on the bottom, which pushes the entire content of the bottle up, like a piston, so nothing is wasted, as opposed to the pumps with the straw-like mechanism which just suck up what they can reach and you end up with product just laying all around the sides of the bottle which could have been gotten out and used.

I will definitely repurchase this when it runs out, I finally found a foundation which is all I've wanted - light-feeling, not too dark or pink, matches my pale skin, doesn't look cakey, is a nice high-ish coverage, doesn't break me out, doesn't cling to dry spots, and is good for my skin. Strongly recommend this!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2013 1:08:00 AM More reviews by stace06

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My skin: Dry combination, hormonal acne (after coming off the pill), Mac NC15/20

COLOUR: matched perfectly for "51 - Light Vanilla / Vanilla Clair"
APPLICATION: lovely to apply - I use a damn sponge, thick liquid consistency and does not cake with build up.
COVERAGE: despite a rather thick foundation, the coverage was not great and it definitely didn't cover my red blemishes or smaller pimples although it's enough to even out the skin tone
STAYING POWER: After only 3 hours, my T zone is already very shiny, pores are big and my blemishes are made very visible
BREAKOUT: too early to tell, I will update after testing for a while longer but it does have fragrance and alcohol in the ingredients list
OVERALL: Will not buy on the lasting power alone - it is an expensive drug store foundation and clearly only suitable for people with real dry skin and not dry combination like mine. Definitely happy to pay an extra AU$15 for a department store brand. This foundation reminds me of super balance by Clinique which shines after about 3/4 hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 3:14:00 PM More reviews by klipsan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've spent a very long time looking for a foundation that would match my really high expectations for my skin. I have very dry to combination skin, depending on the climate, and a strong yellow undertone that's been near impossible to find the right foundation match for. This stuff ticks all the boxes.
SUPER hydrating, but not oily (would recommend a powder finish though), it's got a great medium coverage and a healthy smooth finish. Easy to work with, doesn't dry too fast or too slow. But most of all, with the particular shade I chose (light beige) it has absolutely no orangey undertones! I've never before found a colour to match the olive shade of my skin when I tan but at last I've found it. Definitely prefer this stuff to nearly all of my high-end liquid foundations. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 11:05:00 AM More reviews by ria1992

This is my go-to foundation!Ever since I tried this in Sephora three years ago I thought I found my HG!Believe me I was not wrong!This foundation gives you a sheer to medium coverage which for me is ideal but if you have scars or pimples then this is not for you.It's this kind of foundation that works best if you have clear skin!It helps with hyperigmentation and evens your skin tone perfectly!I also like that when I'm wearing it nobody can tell if I wear makeup and that is amazing!It's moisturizing too but HEY NOT greasy!It also blends better with your hands so you don't need a foundation brush for it!Cool!The only con I can find is its price as it retails for 20 euros in Greece which is kind of pricey for a drugstore foundation .Other than that it is a great foundation that everyone who wants sheer coverage should try!I hope bourjois never discontinues this baby!!! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2013 11:42:00 PM More reviews by jumpingforjoy92

I love this foundation. I have dry skin that tends to look shiny about mid-day, but something about this foundation makes my skin look amazing all day. It lasts all day for me and the match (51 Light Vanilla) is perfect for my fair, warm-toned skin. It is very easy to blend and gives a natural finish with a bit of a glow. I would definitely repurchase this when I run out or am close so that I always have a back up. One thing I should mention is that it has a VERY strong smell (a fruit scent). I personally like the scent, but after it is applied, the scent goes away.