Chanel Rouge Coco in Mademoiselle 05

4.3

If I had to write only one word to describe it, it would be PERFECT!

on 11/11/2010 12:31:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Amazing color - really light baby-pink with a bit of brown and shimmer in.
It's long lasting.
Makes your lips look so natural, but you'll of course know that it's a lipstick you have on. Blends great in with the lip color.
SMELLS LIKE A REAL LIPSTICK - HOW LIPSTICKS SHOULD SMELL!
all in all, I feel like a French mademoiselle with it on my lips.
AND I'LL DEFINITELY BUY IT AGAIN!

on 11/9/2010 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Add me to the army of Mademoiselleophiles!

I've just been turned on to the magic of Chanel lipsticks and glosses -- beginning with the *magical* Rouge Allure Laques -- and, like everyone and their mom, fell in love with the color on Vanessa Paradis in the ad. It's just so simple, fresh, and stunning.

When I first tried this on I wanted it to be more...something. Brighter? More coral? It just looked like my natural lips, only darker. But then as the day wore on, and I saw it in different lights, it grew on me more and more, and now I love it.

On me it is a rosewood color, sometimes coral, sometimes pulling a bit plum. It's very natural and yet makes me feel very polished at the same time. Youthful yet sophisticated. I love to do heavy eyes and nude lips and this is a great substitute for a more traditional nude. I also like to use gold on my eyes and this picks it up very nicely. I love the texture also...very creamy. For me, the staying power isn't as amazing as the Rouge Allure Laques but that's to be expected as those are just insanely long lasting.

Obviously everyone needs to try it to see, but I really can see this working on many skin tones.

on 11/9/2010 11:00:00 AM

A++++++++ This lipstick is by far my favorite lipstick I own! It is so moisturizing and is a great color for all skin tones. It goes on very smoothly as well. The packaging is very classy. I love reapplying this even though it stays on for awhile. The color almost matches my lips but is a few shades darker, which is nice that I can get extra color while moisturizing my lips.

on 11/7/2010 3:19:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I mainly bought this because of the hype. I have to admit, it didn't live up to my expectations, but it did just good enough.
The color on me is a rose-y nude brown. It's flattering and quite natural. But it still does look like I'm wearing a lip product and like I put effort in.
The formula of the lipstick is a definite hit. It's creamy and matte-looking. It hydrates and never, ever dried out my lips. However, it does get on straws and cups (just laugh it off). The smell of this product is also of roses. It's not a unique smell (most Chanel products smells like it, and Lancome is irritatingly rosey, like a Chanel knock-off or something). It's not bad though.
The packing is sleek and iconic. Just a nice thing to have. There are logos on the top of the cap and in the inside. Chanel is engraved on the lipstick. And I do hear a distinct clicking when I close it. I like it.

on 11/6/2010 4:07:00 AM

It's definitely true that this colour is chameleon-like. My lips are somewhat quite pigmented on their own, which affects the shade a lot. I really love the way the colour looks in the ads though so I figured out a way for Mademoiselle to look very similar on me. I dab it onto un-lined lips with my finger, or very lightly with a lip brush, and then top it off with "Bikini Peach" Glossimer. Looks gorgeous, is very long lasting, and is often complimented.

on 11/1/2010 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is my first Chanel lipstick. The color tends to shift on me depending on my lip pigmentation, which is sometimes lighter, other times darker (most of the time, about a medium mauve-y pink). But it remains gorgeous and MLBB on me, a lovely reddish rosey pink with some brown... hard to describe. When my lips are lighter it pulls more pink, but never orange, which I'm grateful for! I wish I could describe the color better but whenever I look at the color I'm sort of stumped because it looks multidimensional.
The texture beats every lipstick I've tried, including Guerlain, MAC, and YSL. It's creamy without being too creamy, applies flawlessly from the tube, and is moisturizing. I have very dry lips that tend to be picky regarding lipstick, and flake even under lip balm if the lipstick formula is especially bad. This never makes my lips flaky and it lasts longer than any other formulas, and doesn't settle in the lines.
It also makes me feel absolutely fabulous whenever I wear it, to boot. It's a great "finishing touch" to wrap up a polished, classy look.

on 11/1/2010 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Tested this in store and it was love, a beautful rosey, MLBB color. I bought it immediately and couldn't wait to wear it. I don't know what I was thinking because the next several times I tried to wear this it pulled too orange. I ended up exchanging this for Organdi Rose, which is exactly the color I wanted Mademoiselle to be. Overall the formula is nice - I don't find them hydrating, but they're not drying either.

on 10/30/2010 11:41:00 AM

This is was my first lipstick from the Rouge Coco line. I saw the beautiful pictures in the add with Vanessa Paradis. When I found out she was wearing number 5, I hurried to the Chanel counter to get it.
I have red lips, and I think this lipsticks covers them with a pink/brown colour. It is a pretty colour, but on my lips it doesn't look the same as on Vanessa Paradi's lips. I guess the undertone depends the final touch.
Anyway I am very happy that I bought it, because it is a very wearable colour which you can really build up. Or you can just dab it on your lips.
The packaging is beautiful. Classic and expensive :).

on 10/26/2010 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Fantastic colour and fantastic formula! The colour has a punch but is natural looking (I have very pigmented lips) at the same time and you usually can't get both. Added to that the formula is like silk and very conditioning plus it lasts. It is versatile too because I can use it to just blot my lips lightly for a casual look which is awesome by itself (I have never been truly able to do that with any other lipstick) and it still hydrates wonderfully.

Popular Lipsticks