April 20, 2014 | 1624 users online

Lipstick - Chanel - Rouge Coco in Mademoiselle 05

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2010 4:07:00 AM More reviews by ladyice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's definitely true that this colour is chameleon-like. My lips are somewhat quite pigmented on their own, which affects the shade a lot. I really love the way the colour looks in the ads though so I figured out a way for Mademoiselle to look very similar on me. I dab it onto un-lined lips with my finger, or very lightly with a lip brush, and then top it off with "Bikini Peach" Glossimer. Looks gorgeous, is very long lasting, and is often complimented.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2010 1:43:00 PM More reviews by luftballon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first Chanel lipstick. The color tends to shift on me depending on my lip pigmentation, which is sometimes lighter, other times darker (most of the time, about a medium mauve-y pink). But it remains gorgeous and MLBB on me, a lovely reddish rosey pink with some brown... hard to describe. When my lips are lighter it pulls more pink, but never orange, which I'm grateful for! I wish I could describe the color better but whenever I look at the color I'm sort of stumped because it looks multidimensional.
The texture beats every lipstick I've tried, including Guerlain, MAC, and YSL. It's creamy without being too creamy, applies flawlessly from the tube, and is moisturizing. I have very dry lips that tend to be picky regarding lipstick, and flake even under lip balm if the lipstick formula is especially bad. This never makes my lips flaky and it lasts longer than any other formulas, and doesn't settle in the lines.
It also makes me feel absolutely fabulous whenever I wear it, to boot. It's a great "finishing touch" to wrap up a polished, classy look.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2010 11:37:00 AM More reviews by krw134

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Tested this in store and it was love, a beautful rosey, MLBB color. I bought it immediately and couldn't wait to wear it. I don't know what I was thinking because the next several times I tried to wear this it pulled too orange. I ended up exchanging this for Organdi Rose, which is exactly the color I wanted Mademoiselle to be. Overall the formula is nice - I don't find them hydrating, but they're not drying either.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2010 11:41:00 AM More reviews by AnnStanhope

This is was my first lipstick from the Rouge Coco line. I saw the beautiful pictures in the add with Vanessa Paradis. When I found out she was wearing number 5, I hurried to the Chanel counter to get it.
I have red lips, and I think this lipsticks covers them with a pink/brown colour. It is a pretty colour, but on my lips it doesn't look the same as on Vanessa Paradi's lips. I guess the undertone depends the final touch.
Anyway I am very happy that I bought it, because it is a very wearable colour which you can really build up. Or you can just dab it on your lips.
The packaging is beautiful. Classic and expensive :).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2010 11:20:00 AM More reviews by violetmist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Fantastic colour and fantastic formula! The colour has a punch but is natural looking (I have very pigmented lips) at the same time and you usually can't get both. Added to that the formula is like silk and very conditioning plus it lasts. It is versatile too because I can use it to just blot my lips lightly for a casual look which is awesome by itself (I have never been truly able to do that with any other lipstick) and it still hydrates wonderfully.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2010 11:06:00 AM More reviews by BayRidge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Eh. Call me crazy for buying into an ad, but I was craving that Vanessa Paradis look + caved into buying this Duty Free. Not a total disappointment, but not what I was hoping it would be, too brown for my liking. My first Chanel lipstick, and if this is the best of the bunch, probably my last.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2010 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Peacelover18

I am lighter than NW15 and neutral, often leaning towards cool-toned. I wear Carmindy by Sally Hansen foundation in Porcelain, MUFE Mat Velvet + in No. 15, and MUFE F&B in #38. As many of you already know, this is the lipstick that Vanessa Paridis is wearing in the Rouge Coco ad, and is probably therefore the best-selling shade in the Rouge Coco range (surprise, surprise, since it is lucky No. 5!). I have a slight (ahem) obsession with rose lipsticks, so I knew I would love this one. Only it's not really just a rose lipstick - as mentioned in other reviews, it's a strange (but beautiful!) combination of rose-coral-honey-brown. It's a gorgeous everyday lipstick - I bought mine in April 2010, about a month after the Rouge Coco line was released, and by the end of the year I will most certainly need a new tube. I have never gone through a lipstick as quickly as I have with this one. My only gripe about this lipstick is about the color - while it is a beautiful color, sometimes I've noticed it can pull a little too coral on my neutral-cool skin, usually I notice it when I'm standing directly under a flourescent light. So I definitely recommend you try this lipstick out before you buy, because it might be a little too warm for some people. If that is the case, I recommend Incognito Rouge Allure as an alternative (which I've also reviewed). The lipstick has a light scent - it's the same scent of many of their skincare products - just a light, clean scent. The packaging is as luxurious as you would expect from Chanel. I would definitely recommend this lipstick to everyone (but remember to try before you buy!) and I will be repurchasing this lipstick many, many times in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2010 4:54:00 PM More reviews by karmabum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I tried this at the chanel counter after reading reviews and seeing the lovely ad featuring the mademoiselle lippie. It is a nice brick pink on me, definitely noticeable but not too in your face. It goes well with my pale, warm coloring with dark hair and does not pull orange at all. Looks similar to the ad with Vanessa Paradis. I can see it as a nice night out color, an alternative to red, or a polished daytime look if you want a lip color that is more than MLBB but not super bright. It is quite perfumed so if you don't like that then Chanel lipsticks are a no for you. Very nice color!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2010 4:24:00 AM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was at the Chanel counter exchanging nail polishes, and the nice french! SA suggested I try this color. I had seen the AD, but wasn't blown away, (and didn't know until tonight it was the same color)....but I tried it anyway, Under the store lights, on my cool complexion, and medium pigmented lips, it looked way too pink...at least out of my comfort level. I forgot about it and finished the transaction....On my way out of the store, I caught my reflection in the mirror under more natural light...no other makeup, hair pulled back in a pony, and this lippie, and I actually thought "very french girl" (I read too many fashion mags) When I got home, my SO, who's spent lots of time abroad, said the color was very European...so there you have it. It's pink,but not overly so. It doesn't turn orange or yellowish on me dispite the fact that I'd describe it as a muted rose pink. It works with my fair skin tone, goes on smoothly, and lasts a decent amount of time, It's non drying, and light-not waxy or sticky. Will pick one up on my next trip to the mall,.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2010 6:56:00 AM More reviews by mjacqueline

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The colour is very flattering for my NC35 skintone. Like a pinky brown. It is creamy and opaque. Glides on like a dream. My lips still feel soft and supple after use.