October 21, 2014 | 1853 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Physicians Formula - Healthy Wear SPF 50 Tinted Moisturizer

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2011 12:55:00 AM More reviews by TipTopTap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

PF has been really surprising me lately. CVS had a BOGO 50% off sale, and I've been trying to get as much sunscreen on my skin as possible, so it seemed worth the risk.

I bought Fair to Light, which is still a little too dark for my skin. The texture is very moisturizing.

It has a very noticable 'off' smell. The texture is quite greasy unless you use a mattifier. I love the packaging and will continue to use, but will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2011 11:05:00 AM More reviews by CocoChaneljeanelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first tinted moisturizer from physicians formula and i do like it. the formula is a little runny but i think it offers more coverage than other tinted moisturizers do without feeling heavy. i also like that it has a really high spf though i heard anything over 30 really isnt needed. i have it in the shade light to natural even though im a bit tan and the reason i bought the lightest shade is because i heard that after in oxidizes it can turn a little bit darker. i kind of like it a little lighter it makes my skin look bright and im starting to like that kind of look. love the pump not very many tinted moisturizers have that. overall i would buy it again but i shouldnt have to for awhile cause you dont need very much. i use to use two pumps for my whole face and neck but now i just use one full pump. i apply it with a regular foundation and than blend with clean fingers.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2011 2:28:00 PM More reviews by frankzie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had always wanted to try this moisturizer because of all the good things being said about this product.

The apckaging is cute, easy to carry around with you, and has a nice pump.
Unfortunately, when Ifirst pumped it I was surprised to find out how runny it was. When first applied to the face it feels greasy and doesnt look very good. It also left a gross residue on my fingers. BUT, once it settled it has great coverage. If applied with a foundation brush, it would solve the issue of the "residue" and even it out.
Yu might aso want to go over it with a translucent powder once it has settled completely.

This would be a great summer product! Good SPF, waterproof, and good coverage with out feeling heavy.

I've been using it for about two days and my skin has not broken out, and I have VERY acne prone skin.

$15 may seem a little pricey, but I could see myself buying this product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2011 8:22:00 PM More reviews by KittyKatBlonde

Although it gave great coverage for a tinted moisturizer and had great SPF, it looked oily and didn't have great staying power and I have dry skin, used a primer, and mineral powder over it. So it was only great for the first couple of hours. I won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2011 8:06:00 PM More reviews by MissCourt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this like others, because I had an awesome coupon so I thought I would try it out. I bought 'light to natural', although I was weary because of reviews, but it turned out to be a great match for me! I love this because it really does even my skin tone, and makes my skin look way better. Of course, love the bottle and love the pump it has. It's thicker than other tinted moisturizers I've used, and you don't have to use a lot at all.

All in all, I think with the effect you get, and the high SPF it is a good product. I'm about to buy another bottle just because I have another coupon....probably the only time I will buy it because $15 is a bit high for me.

**edit: I put one small drop into my Covergirl aqua smoothers TM and it's the perfect combination!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2011 11:18:00 AM More reviews by SwirlBaby83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

3 bux w double coupon at my Duane Reade... Oil Slick! & I have dry skin! I got this sucker in natural to tan. Evened me out, no redness, no need for concealer.T'was a little too glowy so I set w powder n rode it out.... by midday I looked like Grease Grizzle! It clung to n pronouced dry flakies n managed to be oily simultaneously. Smh. Idk. I was initially impressed by the spf n cheery orange n pink tube but umm err... in the basura it goes.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2011 4:44:00 PM More reviews by maggiecuda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a hard one.

First, I have fair skin. This necessitated the lightest shade, which I find to be slightly too dark. It works fine, but I wish there were a lighter shade.

Second, the texture is gross. Watery and greasy. It feels a little gross, even though my skin is on the drier side. HOWEVER, it sets really beautifully, and really gives great coverage. It evens me out, covers redness, and I get a ton of compliments. WTF? I've concluded that it takes a foundation brush to apply it evenly, which takes getting used to, but the gross feeling goes away once it sets.

The even tone and great coverage LASTS all day. I really do receive compliments, and believe me, my skin isn't all that great. I set it with powder, usually the PF SPF 50 compact, and it really stays.

The container is great. I love the pump, I love the cheery color. Easy transport.

Even though it's a heavier coverage than I'm used to, it DOESN'T break me out.

In conclusion, I kind of avoid this stuff, then curiosity gets to me and I use it, and I am impressed. I'll buy another.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2011 1:12:00 PM More reviews by borderlessbeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first tinted moisturizer. I've always thought that tinted moisturizers were a complete waste of money but this one convinced me of the opposite! Its most important feature is that it has a spf 50, which is great when you have a sensitive skin (and a "I hate sun" thing going on) and want to stay protected also in winter. It has a light coverage, but not like you don't have nothing on your face, just a subtle, healthy color. And I found it also really hydrating, with a fluid, very pleasant texture.

On the package they described it "long wearing, perspiration resistant, water resistant" ; I don't think it's really long wearing, I've always wear it with powder on, but after a day I found hardly any makeup on the pad; anyway I think this is quite normal otherwise it would be a foundation not just a tinted moisturizer. I think it's a great product for light make up: it gives you an even skin tone and you can just add a hint of blush and you're ready to go.

I've bought the lightest SHADE (Ivory to Fair) and it suites me perfectly because I've got yellow undertones, but for a neutral skin I think maybe it could be too yellow.

The PACKAGING is simple, but cute; it's very little, with a pump, and in a bright orange and fuchsia colors. It's great for traveling: I've taken it with me in my last two weekend getaways and it was the best choice for an essential make up bag!

I've already bought another bottle so two thumbs up for this product!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2011 11:03:00 PM More reviews by Alygators

I have to sadly say that this particular tinted moisturizer did not work for me. I bought this for $7.00 because it was 50% off. I was really excited to try this product (my first tinted moisturizer) but when I did it broke me out. I do have combination skin and I liked the how this didn't make me oily. It did not cover my acne scars but it did hide them that from a certain way you couldn't see them and u loved that. I bougt the light to natural color and it was too light for me. I am Mexican American an I do have naturally tan skin but the natural to tan seemed too dark for me. I honestly think that this product would of been my love if it hadn't broken me out. I'm not so crazy about the original prize if I could always find it 50% off then I guess it could be worth it. I hope this helps some of you girls.I will keep on searching for another tinted moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2011 10:45:00 AM More reviews by beautychic101

I was walking through the drugstore makeup aisle and I saw this products. I had already heard about it and wanted to try it out. It's pretty expensive; about $12 or so. But then I noticed they had "Ivory to Fair" on clearance for about $6 so it was a must. I think I know why it was on clearance, they color was pretty dark for fair skin and it was runny. I'm sure if you pay the true $12 price you'll get your moneys worth. Hopefully! I use it often but I'm not in love with it.