TRESemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

2.1

Hydrofluorocarbon 152a, Alcohol Denatured, Zea Mays Starch (Corn), Magnesium Stearate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Benzyl Alcohol, PPG 3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Fragrance (Parfum), Silica Dimethyl Silylate, PVP, Kaolin, Linalool, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methypropional, Amyl Cinnamal, Hexylcinnamal, Citronellol, Geraniol, Glycerin, Citrus Grandis Fruit Extract (Grapefruit), Citrus Tangerina Peel Extract (Tangerine)

on 4/7/2013 8:46:00 AM

I've repurchased this dry shampoo after i was about to run out the first one.
I got the oily/ straight to normal hair with volumizing.
It does volumize and it does take the grease away.
I HATE the way that it leaves my hair white, and for it to be able to take away the grease entirely on an area, i have to spray it twice or sometimes 3 times.
Now, this may also depend on the fact that i have thin hair that gets oily after the second day.
Either way, i've realized that there are better dry shampoos out there, which i am definitely going to try next after im done with this dry shampoo.
Overall, i give it a 3 because it does work, it volumizes and it takes away the greasiness.
The white goes away eventually when i just go through my hair with my fingers.
Some people mind the way it makes your hair feel, i don't mind.

I've loved this dry shampoo for a few years now. But now that I've been using this religiously, I'm starting to resent it.
pros:
- pricepoint is about $5-6 which is great for the amount of product in the bottle. This is my cheaper alternative to my drugstore dry shampoo fave: John Freida. The John Freida dry shampoo worked amazingly for my hair. The only downside was the price for a skinny spray bottle ($11 CAD) that didn't last me very long.
- I love that there is a travel size version of this. very convenient to keep at work, in purse or of course for travel
- the scent of this is VERY refreshing, lovely, not floral which i like, and not overpowering at all. I tried the Dove dry shampoo but the scent was too overpowering for me.

cons:
- white overcast on my hair. I may have sprayed too closely due to being in a rush, but this definitely has been leaving white overcasts on my hair recently and its so hard to remove

when I do finish my current bottle of this, I'll probably buy my favorite John Freida dry shamp, but i'll always repurchase the TRESemme in the future.

on 3/5/2013 2:17:00 AM

I remember using this for awhile when dry shampoos started to make a come back and not many brands had a dry shampoo in their line yet, but ever since Suave Professionals came out with one, I never used this again. I really feel like this stuff is seriously horrible in every way: it smells like cheap, powdery perfume; it leaves a filmy residue that actually weighed my hair down more and made it look worse; and it's a lot harder to fully massage when trying to get the white residue to blend in and go away. And I know dry shampoo nozzles have a tendency to clog but this nozzle was CONSTANTLY clogging, despite my best efforts to clean out the nozzle with warm, running water frequently. Seriously, but the Suave Professionals one instead; it's only two bucks and has great payoff.
Also, if you do buy this, be aware that you need some SERIOUS ventilation in your bathroom because it is very thick and will make it hard to breathe.

Horrible dry shampoo leaves a grey disgusting residue in my hair! Makes it look even worst them before ... I usually finish all my products but this is ridiculous

Literally the worst thing ever. I'm just glad it was cheap because I would have been so irritated if I had spent more money on it.

This MIGHT work better for you if you're blond, but brunettes beware. It left a gray cast on my dark hair and made it look completely dull. After brushing through I literally had flakes of product that looked like dandruff. I know what my own dandruff looks like and that was not it. It was seriously fake dandruff in a can, lol! I could not believe how bad it was.

I used it EXACTLY as the bottle directed and I even tried it multiple times in different situations. Same result every time. Usually when I get a bad product I just go ahead and use it up until its gone because I dislike waste. In this case, it has been collecting dust under my sink. Maybe I should use it during the holidays for simulating a snow storm.

on 2/7/2013 11:44:00 AM

Worst dry shampoo I've tried. Enough said.

on 2/5/2013 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This product is so awful I didn't even want to give to a friend. I just threw it in the trash. I normally use the suave keratin infusion dry shampoo and I loved it but I was out of town for a conference and didn't have time to wash my hair and needed to do a quick up-do. So I stopped at the first store I saw and bought the only dry shampoo they had. The smell is so strong. It is so hard to brush out and gets white residue all over your brush and I cant get it off the bristles. It never completely brushes out, There was a gray cast to my hair all night. Thank goodness the dining room was dark. It took three washes to get out of my hair and left it feeling like straw. Plus you have to shake it like mad to get it to spray any powder. Worst. Dry. Shampoo. Ever.

on 2/5/2013 6:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product is garbage. I originally purchased it to wean myself off of washing my hair everyday - my goal is to get to every other day - so I wanted to try dry shampoo on the in-between days. I like several other Tresemme products, so I picked this up for oily hair. Mr roots get greasy while my ends stay dry. This stuff left a thick, gunky residue on my hair that didn't seem to want to brush out, and after waiting a minute and then massaging it in to my scalp, my hair still looked greasy. Now it was just volumized and greasy. I'm glad this stuff wasn't anymore $$$ then it was! I'm trying Suave dry shampoo next - it seems to get much better reviews.

on 2/2/2013 4:44:00 AM

Oh my godmother this dry shampoo is just AWFUL. Everyone on here who said it is crap was telling the truth. And yes, I used it correctly, it just made my hair feel revolting and the smell, though seemingly tolerable at first quickly became completely nauseating. I had to wash my hair twice to get this stuff out and my hair still feels like it has a residue on it. I will never stray from Batiste again? AVOID!!

on 1/26/2013 9:37:00 PM

I don't know if I would buy this product again. I'm torn because it does give my hair volume and a less greasy look, but it also gives my hair a weird residue and texture. It just feels kinda gross. The smell of it has never been an issue for me like I've seen some other people mention. It's not the worst dry shampoo I've ever tried but it's not the best either.

Video Reviews & Tutorials