TRESemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

2.1

Hydrofluorocarbon 152a, Alcohol Denatured, Zea Mays Starch (Corn), Magnesium Stearate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Benzyl Alcohol, PPG 3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Fragrance (Parfum), Silica Dimethyl Silylate, PVP, Kaolin, Linalool, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methypropional, Amyl Cinnamal, Hexylcinnamal, Citronellol, Geraniol, Glycerin, Citrus Grandis Fruit Extract (Grapefruit), Citrus Tangerina Peel Extract (Tangerine)

on 4/29/2013 4:45:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This dry shampoo barely works, but it's great at leaving white streaks in my hair! It kinda sorta makes my hair look ok for a second-day ponytail, but no way would I leave my hair down after using this product. Suave makes a better dry shampoo for $2, and it smells great, like grapefruit.

on 4/24/2013 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Yikes, if ever I see a dry shampoo promote that it uses some sort of a clay as the ingredient to soak up oil on the scalp, I'm going to run away screaming.This stuff, no matter how lightly I tried to spray it, didn't brush out and it made my hair stiff and so dry that it just made my 2nd day hair look WORSE.

Skip this...no good.

on 4/11/2013 6:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

I don't use dry shampoo's that often, but when I do.. I use this one!
It's the only one I have, so I don't have one to compare it with.

But yeah.. It does it's job, but it's not AMAZING. Even though I have blonde (darker shade) hair colour, you can still see the whiteness, which is a huge thumbs down. But that's the only downside with this product, really.

on 4/7/2013 8:46:00 AM

I've repurchased this dry shampoo after i was about to run out the first one.
I got the oily/ straight to normal hair with volumizing.
It does volumize and it does take the grease away.
I HATE the way that it leaves my hair white, and for it to be able to take away the grease entirely on an area, i have to spray it twice or sometimes 3 times.
Now, this may also depend on the fact that i have thin hair that gets oily after the second day.
Either way, i've realized that there are better dry shampoos out there, which i am definitely going to try next after im done with this dry shampoo.
Overall, i give it a 3 because it does work, it volumizes and it takes away the greasiness.
The white goes away eventually when i just go through my hair with my fingers.
Some people mind the way it makes your hair feel, i don't mind.

I've loved this dry shampoo for a few years now. But now that I've been using this religiously, I'm starting to resent it.
pros:
- pricepoint is about $5-6 which is great for the amount of product in the bottle. This is my cheaper alternative to my drugstore dry shampoo fave: John Freida. The John Freida dry shampoo worked amazingly for my hair. The only downside was the price for a skinny spray bottle ($11 CAD) that didn't last me very long.
- I love that there is a travel size version of this. very convenient to keep at work, in purse or of course for travel
- the scent of this is VERY refreshing, lovely, not floral which i like, and not overpowering at all. I tried the Dove dry shampoo but the scent was too overpowering for me.

cons:
- white overcast on my hair. I may have sprayed too closely due to being in a rush, but this definitely has been leaving white overcasts on my hair recently and its so hard to remove

when I do finish my current bottle of this, I'll probably buy my favorite John Freida dry shamp, but i'll always repurchase the TRESemme in the future.

on 3/5/2013 2:17:00 AM

I remember using this for awhile when dry shampoos started to make a come back and not many brands had a dry shampoo in their line yet, but ever since Suave Professionals came out with one, I never used this again. I really feel like this stuff is seriously horrible in every way: it smells like cheap, powdery perfume; it leaves a filmy residue that actually weighed my hair down more and made it look worse; and it's a lot harder to fully massage when trying to get the white residue to blend in and go away. And I know dry shampoo nozzles have a tendency to clog but this nozzle was CONSTANTLY clogging, despite my best efforts to clean out the nozzle with warm, running water frequently. Seriously, but the Suave Professionals one instead; it's only two bucks and has great payoff.
Also, if you do buy this, be aware that you need some SERIOUS ventilation in your bathroom because it is very thick and will make it hard to breathe.

Horrible dry shampoo leaves a grey disgusting residue in my hair! Makes it look even worst them before ... I usually finish all my products but this is ridiculous

Literally the worst thing ever. I'm just glad it was cheap because I would have been so irritated if I had spent more money on it.

This MIGHT work better for you if you're blond, but brunettes beware. It left a gray cast on my dark hair and made it look completely dull. After brushing through I literally had flakes of product that looked like dandruff. I know what my own dandruff looks like and that was not it. It was seriously fake dandruff in a can, lol! I could not believe how bad it was.

I used it EXACTLY as the bottle directed and I even tried it multiple times in different situations. Same result every time. Usually when I get a bad product I just go ahead and use it up until its gone because I dislike waste. In this case, it has been collecting dust under my sink. Maybe I should use it during the holidays for simulating a snow storm.

on 2/7/2013 11:44:00 AM

Worst dry shampoo I've tried. Enough said.

on 2/5/2013 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This product is so awful I didn't even want to give to a friend. I just threw it in the trash. I normally use the suave keratin infusion dry shampoo and I loved it but I was out of town for a conference and didn't have time to wash my hair and needed to do a quick up-do. So I stopped at the first store I saw and bought the only dry shampoo they had. The smell is so strong. It is so hard to brush out and gets white residue all over your brush and I cant get it off the bristles. It never completely brushes out, There was a gray cast to my hair all night. Thank goodness the dining room was dark. It took three washes to get out of my hair and left it feeling like straw. Plus you have to shake it like mad to get it to spray any powder. Worst. Dry. Shampoo. Ever.

Video Reviews & Tutorials