September 16, 2014 | 1976 users online

Primer/ Corrector - L'Oreal - Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by lucyzta

This is my holy grail primer. I have gone through approximately 6 or 7 tubs of this stuff in the past few years. I love the texture, very smooth and silky but not greasy. I can visibly see the difference it makes when I put it on my skin, it fills in my pores perfectly. It's lightweight and doesn't have a scent. I use it every day. I put on my facial moisturizer and then apply this primer before I put on my concealer and/or foundation. Definitely a favorite of mine, I never go without! I especially think it is useful during the hot and humid summer months.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by akneil

I don't really care for this primer. I feel like it's too heavy and sits really heavy on top of my skin instead of filling in lines and pores like it's supposed to. I also HATE that it's a jar - hello bacteria nightmare.
I think there are way better primers out there, some for even cheaper. Even the texture i don't like using on my skin because it just feels greasy and waxy.
Overall it doesn't really do anything for my skin, and I'll stick to my Tarte primers!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2013 10:41:00 AM More reviews by Jenefour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I liked this at first. Seemed to do the job okay and smooth pores a little, but I started noticing it would get a little cakey or chalky like after applying in certain places. The packaging kinda sucks, would b so much better in a pump form.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Emitesoro

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Using this product is akin to applying putty to your skin. Difficult to apply, inconsistent coverage, no visible improvement to skin tone - a total waste of money!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by babyslut

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not crazy about this primer. It's far too thick for my taste. It does set well, but I have to use so much product each time I use it in order to cover my face. I can't stand the packaging-- it's hard to get product out of the small pot. Would not re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2013 7:34:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

This primer will either be a hit or a miss with everybody that has tried it and those who are looking. It comes in a very small round pot. The consisteny is very thick- almost like a paste. You need a very small amount because a little goes a long way... and you rub it onto your face. There are some that only use this primer on areas that need to be evened out, and then there are those like me, that use it on the entire face. Its very thick and can be hard to spread around. If you have a realky hard time and you want to thin it out- use another of your favorite primers or moisturizers and mix the two together before applying it to your face. I love the feeling of this primer. It is so soft and silky, and while others dont care too much for the thickness- I love it. I think it does such a great job, and there is no other product like this one... so it doesnt really bother me, I have learned to embrace it. One thing I dislike about this product is the amount you get for the price. The little pot does not come with a lot of product at all... and it can be very hard to get out of the pot too. I have pretty long nails and sometimes the product can get stuck under my nails which is a bummber because there is so little of this product to begin with that you dont want to waste any of it. If you have never tried this, I would encourage you to do so. Its amazing!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Margie23a

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this when it first came out because it was on sale at CVS. I bought two of them. One I tried to use, but could never get the right consistency when I applied it. I used either too much, or too little, and honestly it just was NOT worth the money (even with a great deal at CVS.) I pitched it and thought I had retuned the other one, but found it this morning...still unopened in it's original box. What the heck I thought. I will give is ONE MORE TRY. I followed the directions and blended it in a circular motion. I must say that my foundation did look great and went on very smoothly. However, two hours later my face felt very dry and tight and I just don't see the benefit with this product at all. I will continue to use my Monistat Chaffing Gel as a primer (which I learned about on this board.) Maybe the L'Oreal is just not for dry skin, but I am pitching it (for good) in the trash tonight.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by BeautyAddict62

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this primer because it was on offer and I had heard good reviews, unfortunately it doesn't work with my skin at all!

It made my foundation cakey, broke me out in spots and a few hours later my face was like an oil slick. My skin generally isn't oily, in fact it is quite dry in places so I can't imagine anyone with oily skin benefiting from using this. It probably is best suited to wrinkly skin.

Overall, a waste of money. There is much better primers available.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

saw a youtuber use this to keep her oily face matte and i read reviews before buying. my two objectives was matteness and filler for undereye. did it work? YES! ok yes this is full of 'cones but i am not using this for every day wear, no way. i bought this for "special occasion" wear. i dabbed it on my face concentrating on my t-zone (for the oilies) and under/around my eyes. let it "set" for a couple of minutes and then put my foundation and concealer on. this stuff is AMAZE-balls. it left my face a super smooth canvas for the makeup and there was no creasing around my eyes at all! kept me matte ALL night. i started dancing and sweating like a pig towards the end of the night, but even then, my foundation wasn't a hot oily mess, i just had beads of sweat on my nose and hairline. if i wore this everyday i would probably end up breaking out but for the occasional special use? totally worth buying. just gives you that nice, smooth matte surface! going to buy one for my mom to smooth out her eye area :) i have no issues with the pot, its not THAT small. i mean, bobbi browns gel eyeliner is smaller than this pot and costs more so whats the complaint?! you barely use that much for your entire face.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by bldsgrsxmgk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was the first primer I ever purchased. I wore this for about a month before I realized I didn't need to. For me, this product didn't do anything for my face when alone or under makeup. It didn't worsen blemishes or make my makeup fall apart but it truly feels to me just like an extra layer on my face. And although the velvety feel of it is attributed to silicon, I felt like it did sit in my pores when I had it on. I have since used other drugstore face primers that I get the sensation of usefulness out of, I don't know what it is about this one. The texture is nice but the packaging is a bit inconvenient. Didn't do anything for me, won't repurchase.