July 25, 2014 | 1949 users online

Cleansers - St. Ives - Naturally Clear Green Tea Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2011 2:25:00 AM More reviews by chloeavalon

Used this for about a month, didn't aggravate my skin too bad, loved the smell, and removed my makeup well.

The only downside to this cleanser was how drying it was (which is a HUGE downside to me) enough to switch it up.

Won't be buying this again unless st.ives can make the formula less harsh in which case I'll be first in line.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 11:59:00 PM More reviews by mekamakeupgrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this product with my Olay Pro X cleansing system, and I must say I absolutely love it. I had really bad acne that eventually cleared up, but since I have been using this cleanser I have not had 1 major breakout. Of course there is a pimple here and there, but NOTHING like it used to be. I would definitely recommend this product if you need something to maintain your acne. My skin feels much healthier after using this for over a month!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/18/2011 12:40:00 AM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Hmmm so you see a cleanser that has green tea in it and you thought it would be good for your skin since we all know green tea is good for you inside and out..right????WRONG this made my acne prone skin worse really fast. I had a few breakouts when I used this and I thought it was supposed to help with the redness WRONG I started to break out more very quickly within a few days so I immediately stopped useing this and everything calmed down with my usual few pimples not ten.I even gave this another try about a month later or so and the same thing happend again so I know this isnt meant for me and I came on here to warn others and see this doesnt agree well with others also.This has a pleasant smell tho and im wondering if it's all the fragrance that irritated me. Idk thats for them to figure out sooo St.Ives go back to the lab with this one and make something better.Do I sound angry?The pump even gets stuck when you press it down,they can't even get the bottle right lol and this is called naturally clear what a joke you would be closer to being naturally clear without this.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2011 9:51:00 PM More reviews by sweetvictory23

I really liked this at first....nice smell, great packaging...but after about a week of using it, it irritated my skin and turned my face red which is the exact opposite of what it's supposed to do. I'm usually a St. Ives fan but this was the worst face wash I've ever used! Also made my acne worse. Do NOT recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2011 10:24:00 PM More reviews by biggishorti

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Just 1 month prior to my 40th Birthday, my face erupted with a massive cluster of pimples on my face (both cheeks). Get Out! I've used Oil of Olay Sensitive Face Wash since FOREVER and this would usually clear up my occasional blemish, but this was MASSIVE! So after using Clearasil, Proactive, and other acne kits, I tried St Ives Green Tea Cleanser and the Green Tea Scrub as a last resort. AWESSSSSOOOOMMME~~ these products have cleared my face to the point the clusters are gone. I now use the wash once a day and the scrub twice a week. I still use the Olay wash in the am. Using the green tea wash twice a day tends to dry my skin, but I always moisturize after. Great product. Love the packaging, especially during travel!! Try to catch it when its on sale (paid $2.99 each)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2011 1:46:00 PM More reviews by hfegan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product due to my acne prone skin (and I love the smell of green tea), for the first 2 weeks it seemed to be working really well, then the 3rd week came and I started to breakout everywhere! I thought maybe it was the stage where "it gets worse before it gets better", so I kept using it for another month. My skin has never been so bad, my boyfriend even suggested I stopped using it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2011 11:42:00 AM More reviews by smm1583

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Although it felt smooth while using it and the smell was nice I would not buy this product again. Although I do have oily/combo skin anyway, my face almost seemed more oily than before I washed it, and I started to get more breakouts. Maybe due to Glycerin being the 3rd ingredient on the list. In order to use it up I wash my makeup off with it and then wash again with another cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 3:29:00 AM More reviews by melkiki

This product leaves my skin feeling clean and refreshed without over drying. The scent is extremely soothing. A little goes a long way. I've always trusted St. Ives and the only reason why I keep going back to their products is because they DO NOT TEST ON ANIMALS!!! Which is a major plus for me. So all you gals out there that are looking for something natural that actually works and is extremely low priced (for the quality) and that is humane, St. Ives is the way to go!! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2011 12:00:00 PM More reviews by heycaitlyn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm really satisfied with this cleanser. I can confidently say that it helped out my acne. I have less breakouts now, and the redness in my face has significantly decreased. It does make my skin feel a little dry, but I already have dry skin in the first place, and besides, it's nothing that a good moisturizer can't solve. I would recommend trying this cleanser out, since for the price, there's really no reason not to try it out at least.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2011 11:21:00 PM More reviews by joeboogie1994

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Worst cleanser ever!!! I only like the smell and the packaging. I expected better because of the green tea. Since the first time I used it it was irritating to my skin. And if anything it made my acne worse. I hate it and would never get it again.