December 22, 2014 | 1729 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Healthy Look Creme Gloss Color

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by ouqtinvu

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I also posted this review under the specific color which is Med brown #5
I've been using Natural Instincts for many years and when I saw this brand on sale decided to try it - the NI was no longer covering the gray - OK - I totally agree with the first reviewer - I did my dark brown hair last night - I bought #5 Med brown - shows in the pic should have been perfect color and basically the same I use in NI My hair looks horrible - . My hair is pitch black. It DID cover the grays better the NI - but even with the deep conditioning treatment my hair is frizzy and dry as a broom today - also OMG this stuff is a mess - dripped allover the place - I cannot recommend it and will never repurchase. At least with NI my hair was conditioned the next day - this has harmed my hair and I'm really peeved - never again!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2012 3:03:00 PM More reviews by panderson725

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the first time I have ever "colored" my hair. I have had highlights, used sun in type products in my 20's, and even tried lemon juice, which does work BTW. I bought the White Chocolate 8 1/2 to cover my grey and blend in my darker roots which were showing after my highlights grew out. My normal hair color is medium to dark blonde with a hint of red. Because of highlights, the hair I was coloring today was medium blonde with very light streaks and about 15% grey.
The directions and coloring part was very easy. I did not notice any strong smell. I left the product on 10 min (started timing after I put all the color in which took a few minutes.) I rinsed a lot. I was worried I was washing too much color out but I waited until no more suds showed in the shower water. I applied the Royal jelly conditioner. It smelled pleasant. I left it on about 4 min than rinsed again. My hair combed out very easily. I dried it and my hair felt soft...maybe a little on the dry side. The color does not look like the color on the box, but it did blend my dark roots in with my med blond hair. The light streaks are much softer now. It covered about 10% of my grey. The final color is a gold or honey blond. It looks very natural. I do miss my light blonde highlights, but this seems healthy for my hair and I will continue to buy this product. It was on sale so I only spent about $6. Nice bonus.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2012 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Felecia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I am a pretty regular user of semi-permanent hair color since I have my first gray coming in and I like the richness it adds to my hair color.

I have used both the dark brown and black colors but was not impressed by how it made my hair look. There was no shine and the color was very flat and one dimensional. It had no shine, just looked like I dyed my hair with ink.

Would not purchase this product again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2012 2:18:00 AM More reviews by maigenobx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I followed the directions exactly. I combed it through and left it on for 15 minutes. I had gorgeous shiny dark brown hair with a little bit of grey in it. Now I have dull, lifeless, dark brown hair with the same amount of grey in it. I pray that this is truly temporary color and that I have my beautiful hair back in 6 weeks. I HATE HATE HATE this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2012 9:43:00 PM More reviews by Chanie

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am a long time user of home hair color and have a great deal of experience. I like to use a semi-permanent color to refresh my hair color in between colorings (I color because of gray). I like L'Oreal because its colors are not yellow-based, like Clairol. I think the browns are prettier. I use L'Oreal Excellence on my roots to cover gray.

I have used Healthy Look several times. IMO, L'Oreal has managed to move steadily from a superior semi-permanent hair color, Casting and its child Casting Moisture Actif Color Spa, to go to Open (not as good), True Match (not as good as Open), and now Healthy Look, which in my opinion is not as good as any of them.

Casting gave my hair shine and body; it was truly beautiful color and not damaging. Finally, I had to use True Match a few times because Casting wasn't available. It was okay. Healthy Look gives my hair a flat, dull color. Nowhere near as pretty a color as either Casting or True Match, or as much shine as even True Match did (which did not give anywhere near the shine that Casting did). I do not use the heavily fragranced, silicone-laden conditioner in the box. I have never used the conditioners in boxes of color because my hair does not relate well to silicone. By the way, if you look at the ingredients on the glossing conditioner with royal jelly, you'll find royal jelly at the bottom of the list of ingredients. There's probably about a fourth of a drop in it.

Congrats, L'Oreal,, on replacing a superior hair color with an inferior one. I won't be buying this again because I have discovered another way of refreshing color in between colorings.

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 3:18:00 PM More reviews by makeupgrl2008

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first time dying my hair, and being a noob i didn't know that semi-permanent color wouldn't lighten the hair...
I have black-dark brown asian hair and i used the one in Dark Brown (4 i believe)
I didn't notice much change in my hair color (well...obviously since it doesn't lighten hair), but in the sun i notice the brown color coming through.

Pros:
-the smell (kind of fruity in my opinion)
-the conditioner! absolutely amazzzinnng, made my hair so soft
-after coloring my hair still felt the same and i noticed it was a bit shinier

Cons:
-the solution was a bit runny and i found random splatters of dye after i had finished
-grey coverage wasn't amazing, covered most of them, but i still found a few (i don't have a lot of greys, but still i don't want any showing through)

For the sake of the review i said I would buy it again since i liked the product, however i probably won't because my hair is naturally healthy anyway

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I read all the reviews prior to buying this. Most of the negative reviews were from nice people who clearly misunderstood what this product is. It is a semi-permanent. The result you obtain is your current color + the color you are applying = result. Result does not necessarily mean the picture on the box. I started out with over-processed bleached foils that had gone brassy and dull. My hair looked like and felt like straw with one inch of mousy brown regrowth at the roots. I wanted to color my hair back to my natural cool brown shade for some low-maintenance growing out. I purchased 6BB (Light Beige Brown) because the box stated that if you are undecided between two shades, choose the lighter one and because I wanted to neutralize the yellow brassiness. I read the instructions and was surprised that the directions were to apply to dry hair. Glad I read it, I would have assumed damp. The instructions stated to leave on an extra 5 minutes for total grey coverage. I left it on the extra 5 because some of my hair was really yellow. It wiped right off my skin and didn't stain it. I rinsed it off and applied the Royal Jelly conditioner... it had a bit of a strong scent but I didn't smell cat urine. My hair turned out perfectly tinted but not a cool brown like wanted. It turned out a bit muddy, especially on the ends, but I expect that with a semi and it will wash out in a few shampoos. My hair feels and looks much softer. Won't repurchase because I prefer Natural Instincts (semi not the permanent line) in Clove for a cool brown to cover up brassy blonde.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2012 10:36:00 AM More reviews by emily0212

I used the shade 6BB - Iced Praline - Beige Brown. I really like it. I have wrecked my hair with dyes, strippers and bleach over the past few months and wanted to get back to my natural color as close as possible to let things settle down and get healthy. This did no further damage to my fried hair at all! Typical hair dye smell, not offensive at all though it sticks around for a few days. Conditioner is neither awful or awesome, just a stock hairdye conditioner. Is my hair super shiny, no, I have never had a demi or permanent dye that actually gave me tons of shine so I'm not going to fault it for that. Also, if you are wondering, 6BB is a violet based "ash" shade.

Tried the 6R - FADE CITY! Like, in three washes. Such a pretty color - I thought I found my HG red. Darn it! Knocked off a lippie.

Tried the 5R - it's DARK PURPLE. Level 5 my azz. More like level 3!! Might mix a tiny bit of it (I only use 1/2 tube at a time) with the 6R to give the red some oomph but I won't purchase it again. I am really liking the 6R more and more, even with the fade.

Still playing with this stuff since I don't want to go permanent and I hate Natural Instincts. Tried 5CB - chestnut brown. Pulled really really red, almost as purple as the 5R. Won't repurchase. Still have some other colors to try! :-)

Also, I recently got my bleach damage cut off...the hair that is left has only been colored with this brand. Hair is soft, shiny, really nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2012 8:29:00 AM More reviews by mainlinediva2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow!!! I'm shocked over the horrible reviews. I had about a good 3 - 4 inches of roots that were dark blonde, but the rest of my hair is a med. beige blonde. I was in the process of trying to grow it out, but couldn't take the way it looked anymore. I saw this in Rite Aid and I liked how it didn't seem harsh. I put mine on for 15 mins. b/c of gray and the bad roots and I was shocked how good it turned out. I bought "White Chocolate" 8.5. Ok, it did not come out this color but it did get rid of all the root growth and blended in well with the color I already had on my ends. I gave this 4 lippies due to a bit of dryness afterwards and the high price tage (it ran me $9.49), but I added some Redken Crystal Flash and the dryness was gone. Plus, this did not in anyway bother my scalp nor did I lose any hair. I used to use Loreal Excellence and while that is a very good products, I always thought that was harsh and would lose hair in the process. Now, I'll have to see how long this lasts (supposedly 28 washes) to determine if I will repurchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2012 6:51:00 PM More reviews by jennifa55

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in 4ar because I know that when you buy a box dye you are always going to get one level darker then what you want. So the color came out a perfect level 3 just like I wanted. Its a really pretty color with not to much red but just enough. It covered my few grays well and 4 weeks later it has faded some but that's expected given its a demi. The reason I would not purchase this again is because I like natural instints better. When first dyed my hair looked great.. 2 weeks after I noticed breakage and dryness.