October 20, 2014 | 1484 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Healthy Wear SPF 50 Powder Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 11:58:00 AM More reviews by Katras

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Very nice powder - I'm NC 20/25 and bought Translucent Medium, which I apply with a brush and receive not only sheer flawless color but it's not powdery looking or heavy feeling. I love that it has SPF 50 and it endorsed by Skin Cancer Foundation as a recommended product. I knocked a lippie off because a) it's a little expensive for a d/s item and b) can be hard to find (I found mine at CVS). Please PF don't discontinue this great and needed product. Update: maybe it's the difference in lighting in ID vs. CA, or maybe I've just gotten paler, but I've noticed that throughout the day, it turns a little dark, which leads to that nasty demarkation line along the neck.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2011 1:05:00 AM More reviews by zoey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm Asian NC35/C4 with olive & slight peachy undertones. I am very difficult to color match as a result. I have very oily skin that needs to be blotted every 2-3 hours.

I tried Natural Beige & Creamy Beige, both of which were way too neutral toned & made me look ill. I then tried their HW Bronzer in Fair but it ended up being too dark & muddy-looking. I was a bit skeptical of their Translucent colors, as I've had negative experiences with translucents in other cosmetics lines. But I gave this line a last ditch effort, as I really wanted a pressed powder with the high SPF.

I ended up trying Translucent Medium & it is PERFECT! It blends into my skin & definitely evens out my skintone. I have even used this in place of traditional liquid facial sunscreen.... at the beach for the entire day.... and did not sunburn! I must say that I was vigilant in reapplying it every couple of hours though.

I do find this product pricey for a drugstore item, but then, it is offering SPF 50 protection. I do wait for sales & use coupons so I end up getting these for a good price.

This product does mattify my skin. However, it doesn't really control oil. But I still love it!

My Translucent Medium compact stays in my purse all the time. I have already repurchased & am using my 3rd compact (with another back-up in my vanity). I hope PF never discontinues this item! This is a staple & HG product for me.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by numerology

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wear this in the lightest tone, because I have very fair skin. I find the coverage really good, especially since I don't like to cake on my foundation and cover up every single blemish I have. It looks very natural, tones down redness without masking anything, and makes pores less visible. The SPF is great, and the formula doesn't make me break out either. If you're worried about this drying out your skin, just make sure you apply soon after moisturising or use a primer. The packaging is kind of gaudy/tacky, but if you disregard the colours the compact itself is cute and handy.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2011 1:45:00 PM More reviews by TLord

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This powder does cover pretty well, although I still needed to use concealer over my dark under eye circles and a couple of hyperpigmentation spots. I'd say it gives medium coverage with a brush, and you can achieve more if using a sponge. I love that it has a high SPF. Compact is easy to use. I did have to try three different shades before determining that they just didn't have a shade that works for me. I have very yellow toned skin, about NC25 or C3. I think this foundation is way too pink for people with yellow undertones. It also have a very strong earthy kind of smell which does not dissipate in any way after wearing for a few hours. Even if I were to find a good color match, I don't think I could repurchase again because of the smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2011 10:23:00 AM More reviews by asaltzer

like the spf...convenient packaging. works well in a pinch - keep it in my car, or sweep over my face when I go out to walk the dogs for an SPF boost.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2011 3:58:00 PM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Reference: very pale skin, combo with some dry patches and a very oily t-zone; also have acne marks that need coverage.

Pros:
    -Translucent Light is suitable for my hard-to-match skin. (If I had to assign it a MAC shade, I would say NC15.)
    -SPF 50
    -Lasts all day for me
    -no weird fragrance

Cons:
    -the shade range could be improved
    -doesn't offer full coverage; it's light-medium at best

+/-:
    -It works really well to set another sheer foundation

Overall, this is a nice drugstore foundation. I find that the pros are enough to make me like it and continue using it. Since I have a lot of discoloration and acne scars, Healthy Wear alone isn't enough coverage for me; right now, I am layering it over Maybelline Fit Me (see review for that one.)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2011 12:10:00 PM More reviews by fantasy214

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

For starters, if u have dry skin, this product is NOT for you. Though my skin is combination, it is mostly oily, so this product worked pretty well for me. I also have acne, and it did not make me break out. It may not work for everyone with oilier skin (my twin sis has my skin type, but it made her skin a bit flaky), but it worked for me
    I LOVE that this product doesn't make me break out, has a good amount of spf, and has (mostly-besides talc) pretty good ingredients (I'm really picky about certain products because of the crap in them). It helped for a little bit with the shine, and makes my skin look nice. I have bought this product a few times, and have been very happy with it. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2011 7:34:00 PM More reviews by heenan

ewww got translucent medium...PINK undertones looked very unnatural on my aisan skin...HOWEVER the healthy wear bronzer in LIGHT is my HG bronzer i loves it my skin never looks dirty or orangy or fake tan color no matter how much i cake on!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2011 6:26:00 PM More reviews by giasabine

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I tried this, because it was recommended and the SPF 50 is impressive, but it did not work well for me. Even the lightest shade looks dark on me and it feels too dry as a foundation. Unlike other mineral foundations, it sits on top like a layer of dust. I have combination skin and it did not make me break out, which is definitely a plus, but maybe it is better suited for oily skin.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2011 10:26:00 PM More reviews by VictoriaJane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Totally my HG powder/foundation. Got it in translucent medium first b/c it looked really light, but it applies much much darker than appears in the pan-had to go back for the light shade. Covers well when applied with the sponge, but doesn't look like a mask. Soaks up the oil really well-much better than MB dream matte powder. My sunscreen always leaves me feeling a little greasy-following up with this is the perfect combo, plus I'm getting even more protection. Just love it-even the silly compact makes me smile.