MAC Pigment - Rose

4.3

on 1/27/2006 9:19:00 AM

This pigment is absolutely gorgeous! It's a staple in my make-up collection and can be used for so many different things!
The colour is a gorgeous rich pink which shimmers gold when it hits the light. It's extremely shimmery but i love this in a product.
It looks great on the eyes (i apply it with my finger as i've found this works best), creates a lovely flush on the cheeks and is a very versatile lip colour when mixed with gloss or lipbalm.
I really cannot recomend this pigment enough!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is really pretty in the jar and on skin, but it kind of clashes with my olive undertones. It is a bit bright for me, and looks weird on my lips. To be honest though, I have a hard time wearing golds. Applied wet and with cooler shades, I do like this pigment.

on 1/5/2006 12:37:00 PM

Rose is beautiful. It reminds me of when the sun is setting and the entire sky turns a flushed pink/red with gold from the sun peaking through. Rose is a deep pink with gold glitter. It looks really good with other pinks, especially fuchsia pigment. I also LOVE to mix this with clear lipbalm and wear it on my lips. I did take off one lippie, though, because the texture is somewhat chunky and the sparkles tend to fall off my eyes.

on 1/3/2006 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Neutral

I LOVE THIS! It is sooooooo gorgeous. it's a really shimmery pink w/ a strong gold undertone. I love to use it as eyeshadow and blush to brighten my face. However, I suggest using this on top of a matte lippie then add gloss b/c in that way it looks less frosty.

on 12/31/2005 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

this is a very pretty color, but i was a little disappointed. i was expecting it to me more pink or red. instead, it turned out to be extremely gold. looked very similar to tan. i'm not too fond of the chunkiness either, but at least it blended well on my lids. i havent tried it on my cheeks or lips, but if my opinion of this changes, i'll update.

on 12/24/2005 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I got this in the holiday mini pigment set. Beautiful esp when mixed with gloss over lips. Haven tried on eye nor cheeks(as a muaer suggested below) but will soon :)

on 12/17/2005 5:55:00 PM

I don't understand the whole warm/cool thing with this shade. I am extremely white (though I use selftanner, but sometimes I don't) and it looks good when I'm tanned or when I'm frozen white. I went to a wedding a while back and was in a rush and quickly decided this would look good with my outfit. I brushed it quickly on my eyelids and in my crease (no time for artistic creations with dif colors). I didn't even have time to quickly look at the results. When I came home I checked my eyes and they looked gorgeous. I couldn't believe I blended like crazy and didn't have time, it just looked very good. The color is amazing and so is the texture. So light, pigmented and almost fool proof with blending. I love it! This is def. an amazing color that everyone should own. Oh, and I'm very pale and on me it's more like a really nice reddish tone (even thought its called rose (pink) )

on 12/15/2005 5:23:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

OMG! Why have I not tried this before?!? I am not terribly fond of the other pigments and I have tried several but I just got this in the Holiday mini pigments and is has been love at first use! I am a GGG/hazel eyed lass -- thought it might look good on the eyelids -- was that ever right! From there I went to my lips and I must say with this on I have the most gorgeous lips -- like jewels. Next I am going to try on the cheeks -- I am in love -- I am in heaven -- angel dust in a jar! I am NEVER going to be without this powerful powder!

on 12/11/2005 6:52:00 PM

I bought a sample of this, but have decided that I NEED a fullsize of it. I've never had anything give me the same *glow* that this does - not even the infamous NARS Orgasm! I like to mix it on the back of my hand with a light lotion, and then pat it over my cheeks and blend for a sheer, glowy rosy-pink "cream" blush. Pure gorgeousness. Whatever's left over, I use on my eyelids too -- I don't find the 'chunkiness' of this to be a problem since I always use it in this form, and I like how subtle it is. This and Vanilla are what I'm planning to use when I get married, and I'm not even engaged yet :)

on 12/5/2005 8:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I thought this color would be so pretty with my blue eyes. But with my pale skin it just doesn't work the best for me. I prefer melon, tan, naked, pink bronze and golden olive. Disappointing since I RIS a nice sample size.