August 20, 2014 | 2128 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Complete Salon Manicure Nail Polish

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by MissMKD

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love Sally Hansen products especially base and quick dry top coats. I was able to pick up 2 btls for $10 at Walgreen's; Plum's the World and So Much Fawn. For that price I love this product. It was hard to get used to the brush but I've managed. I like the colors and the names, but most importantly I LOVE the staying power of this polish. I went 2 weeks before needing to strip and re-paint. I always use a base coat to protect my nails from yellowing, plus I have very weak nails. When I put on a top coat it really made this polish look like smooth liquid. But what I like most considering the my natural nail condition, it felt like I had a light layer of acryllic...normally my nails will rip and split but not with this polish. Definitely would recommend to a person with weaker nails due to the thickness of this polish.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by nikki312nikki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love these nail polishes. Especially the brush; it's flat and wide unlike any other nail polish brushes, so it's clean and easy to brush it on in two single strokes to completely cover the entire nail. It only takes 2 coats to get a perfect color. It lasts about a week on my nails before I need to touch it up. No chips! I use OPI Base and TopCoat, also.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2012 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Maggieyso

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this product in 4 or 5 shades, and I really like it, but I don't love it. A couple of the shades I have are prone to streaking, but if I'm careful w/ application it's not too bad. The staying power is amazing, even better than OPI. I'm wearing Fired Up now. I applied it 5 days ago and have only had mild chipping on a couple of nails. It does take a while to dry, but the results are worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2012 3:11:00 AM More reviews by lacysilk29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this in the clear. "Clear'd for takeoff" I thought the name was cute.. the results not so much. I was comparing this to the sally hansen hard as nails. My complaints: it took a long time to dry, it felt very thin and goopy on my nails, there were messed up scratches almost instantly. The Pros, they have great color selection and brush. For like 8 dollars I'd expect more but whatever. As far as nail color goes it's probably good, but it definitely doesn't replace nail growth treatments, and base and top coat like they claim.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/7/2012 7:55:00 AM More reviews by Hoppla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have got about 5 of these, some I bought myself some I was given as a present.

All of them have visible tip wear after a couple of hours, they chip on the first day and are generally extremely bad quality.

I definately cannot recommend this polish to anybody.

Complete waste of money.
Very poor quality nail polish.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 12:59:00 AM More reviews by d1d1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have a few nail polishes by Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure and I love them! They can be streaky and can last as long or short as any other expensive brand. Last year I hunted for the color Barracuda, and I was really happy to find 1 bottle left. This time I didn't use any base ot top coats, just for something different, I also noticed it really doesn't matter if there is top/base coat the color will last about the same.

Loooove the wide brush as covers my nails almost in the point of perfection, leaving me only with an easy clean up. And it's opaque after 2 coats.

Sally Hansen CSM series in my Canadian city is more expensive than China Glaze and about $1 cheaper than OPI. Not too bad comparing it to Chanel, Butter London, Lippmann, Mac, Nars etc.

Anyways, I love Sally Hansen's Barracuda as it increases my existing happy mood everytime I take a look at it. <3

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by loriyu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a total nail polish junkie and lean towards using higher end brands. i was looking for a coral and saw the sally hansen complete in coral fever (it's not listed here on makeup alley or in the pictures above...not sure if it's discontinued). As for the formulation of the nail polish in general, it is VERY thick. Though it is supposed to be an all-in-one product, I still use a base and top coat with it (a ridge-filling base coat for my horrible naiils...and a fast-drying topcoat). Despite the fact that I used a ridge-filing base coat, you could still see EVERY ridge in my nail, despite how incredibly thick this polish is, even after multiple coats. I don't know if it's because it's so thick that when you drag the brush over your nail every time, it pulls the polish too much. Either way, seeing my ridges is very disappointing. I also use top coat because otherwise it would take WAY too long to dry. Not to mention, the finish is very dull. It almost looked like straight-up acrylic paint on my nails and didn't have much of a gloss. Also, though it takes a very long time for this polish to dry fully w/out a topcoat, you don't have much time to work w/the polish before it gets tacky on your nails...30 seconds at best and then it BEGINS drying and then you'll have a mess if you try to continue to work w/it afterwards. I generally like wide brushes, so I don't mind the brush, though it is a big thick. However, it does make covering each nail a much faster process. I like the packaging; nice and sleek, hefty bottle.

As for the color Coral Fever, it is straight up orange on my yellow-toned skin...very unflattering. I don't think I'll be repurchasing any of these nail polishes...it's just too high maintenance and finnicky for my taste despite the fact that it's supposed to be all-in-one.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2012 3:30:00 PM More reviews by darmac

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Purchased pink slip and naked ambition. Having had previous good results with sally hansen was happy about the color selection. 3 coats later chalky/streaky. Oh well -> next!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2012 12:58:00 AM More reviews by peggy1234

I was able to get a bunch of they for $2.00 at target this past week. I picked up about 8 different colors. Thet apply perfect and wear very well. I have been really pleased with the smooth well pigmented formula. Also there were no bubbles and the colors are so pretty and unique.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2012 2:34:00 PM More reviews by Melavia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in Guilty Pleasure and Angel Wings. I love both colors. Guilty Pleasure is probably my go to polish when i want some fun. With a base coat and top coat, it can easily last a week. The formula is creamy and easy to apply. I enjoy the wide brush because I think it makes application easier. It can be messy around the edges so I need to take extra caution on that.

Angel Wings is a shimmery sheer color that can look good on its own or layer on top of another polish. However, I got a few bubbles out of it which I am not sure why. I used it without a top coat and the polish dried out without too much shine. The drying time is quite long though. I went to bed four hours after the application yet I still got bedsheet marks.

I probably would not use it on its own but I absolutely love the colors and the design of the brush. I would love to add more into my own collection and with them on sale, they are not so bad.