BeneFit Cosmetics Stay Don't Stray

2.9

WATER (AQUA), ISODODECANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), BUTYLENE GLYCOL, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, SILICA, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, TALC, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, MICA, TRIBEHENIN, PEG-30 DIPOLYHYDROXYSTEARATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77492), SORBITAN OLEATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, DIMETHICONE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), METHICONE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77499), TETRAHEXYLDECYL ASCORBATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, ISOPROPYL TITANIUM TRIISOSTEARATE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, SODIUM HYALURONATE. N° 04940/N

I have light to medium (med. in summertime) with yellow skintone. This gives a nice light wash of color to the eyelid. It is like a bright concealer for me. It might not work on darker skintones if used alone. With eyeshadow it'll probably be okay. Sometimes, I liked just using this and mascara for a nude look. When used with eyeshadow, it gave me about 2 hours before my oily lids creased. This does not compare to my Urban Decay Primer Potion. Would not repurchase.

This was the first product I purchased from Benefit and was an immense dissapointment. When you first apply it, it really creates a perfect canvas to apply eyeshadows and the results are standing out. The problem is that it does not do what it says: it DOES NOT STAY and REALLY STRAYS, and that in only 1-2 hours after application, even worse than with no primer. I tried to apply less product, or to leave it on the eyelids even 10 minutes before applying eyeshadow, but the results were the same. The only use case I would give to this product is if you want to create a mekeup only for quickly taking photos or for people that usually have no problems with the eyeshadow creasing even without a primer and only need a plain base that makes eye shadows look better. However the same results could also be achieved with a foundation with medium coverage, maybe in a lighter shade than what you usually use on your face.

on 7/18/2013 10:32:00 AM

This is the first eye primer I have ever used and with this particular one, I like it more as a concealer than a primer. My eyes still get a crease in about a few hours and this doesnnt do much for my eyeshadows but on a day where I only where BB cream and mascara, this is perfect for brightening up my eyes. As a primer, its just alright.
I will be searching for another primer.

on 7/11/2013 3:18:00 PM

This is an okay eye primer but it doesn't make eyeshadows more vibrant and they end up creasing after a few hours.

on 7/11/2013 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm on the fence about this one. On one hand, as a primer, it does nothing for me personally. My shadow still creased, and my under eye concealer creased, and I found my makeup wore off, where I normally don't have that problem. BUT when i'm on the go, I can just dab a touch of it under my eyes, or on the brow bone and it lightly covers and I look more awake. But, for the price i'm not going to repurchase because it really doesn't do anything for me and my skin type.

on 7/7/2013 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I had been using this as a sample that I got in a Benefit Kit. After a lot o deliberation I got the full size and was a bit disappointed when I opened the packaging, only because a) I thought it would be bigger. b) while I love the doe foot applicator for getting the right amount of product per use, it isn't the most hygienic or the best for getting all of the product out. And for what I paid I want to be able to use ALL of the product that I bought. You can't even see into the tube to see how much is left!

shoddy packaging aside, I love this as a concealer primer. Shadow primer, meh. But I'm fine with that. My dark circles are terrible and this product works wonders. It's very pigmented and if I let it set before applying concealer there is minimal creasing.

Overall, while I'm a fan I will be on the lookout for a dupe. If I can't find something cheaper that works as well then I will repurchase.

on 6/28/2013 3:16:00 PM

I love this. It keeps my shadows on all day and prevents them from creasing. I even use this as a concealer sometimes.

on 6/6/2013 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

this applies easily and does its job... at the end of the day my eyeshadow is still in place.. love it!

on 6/6/2013 4:00:00 PM

Mamma Mia!!! After years of looking like a female raccoon or a close and tired relative of the Adams Family I feel blessed to have given this product a chance.

I was looking for a concealer and while I won't say that I've tried them all (because I'd be bankrupt) I have tried Lancome, Dior, Bobbi Brown, Lise Watier, Yves Rocher, MAC, Elizabeth Arden, Maybelline, etc. When the SA suggested this product I was iffy, after all this was not a concealer and I was afraid that since it's a primer it would be very drying. The results however are out of this world!!! I look like I've been on a long relaxing vacation or I had surgery to remove dark circles!!! I also apply this over my eyebrows before my eyebrow pencil and it keeps everything together (works as well as MAC's soft ochre paint pot in that respect).

I'm not a big fan of Benefit but I really think that Stay Don't Stray and the Porefessional will become staples in my makeup bag. For reference I purchased this in the colour Light/Medium and I am an NC20.

on 6/6/2013 2:20:00 PM

I'm shocked at the poor reviews here. Everyone is different and products work differently on each person, but I STRUGGLE so much with under eye puffiness and this primer, for me, is like a primer and concealer... it smooths the surface ready for whatever you would put under your eyes to cover whatever it is you cover. For me - I use this primer and then I use sheer cover concealers and then dab a mineral concealer by bare minerals on and I would be so upset if they ever discontinued this product. I feel like it's one of those products that if you want to look natural and not put a bunch of makeup on - this is something that can be worn alone since there is a tint to it. I honestly feel like it's a first layer airbrushing and you can leave it alone w/ just this for a natural look if you're just going to the beach or hanging around the house - or layer your usual makeup and it's keeps it all in place and creates a nice, smooth canvas. HG product for me and I am an absolute product junkie who has bought just about EVERYTHING when it comes to eye products.
xo