October 24, 2014 | 1717 users online

Eye Primer - BeneFit Cosmetics - Stay Don't Stray

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by makeupnerd23432

This is the worst eyeshadow primer I own. I have oily lids and this did nothing to stop my shadows from creasing. The pump pours way too much product and it smells so chemical-y. After you apply it you fingers/brush smells like soy sauce and so do your eyes! i only gave it another lippie for it's 'concealing' (neutralizes darkness/redness pretty well) properties.

I'd recommend this product only to people with dry lids and want to enhance weak eyeshadow.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by AnnaBanana84

I normally use MAC paint pots and really love them. But I ran out of mine and wanted to give something else a try. I guess I should have read reviews first. I was browsing in Ulta and was asking the makeup artist about UD Primer Potion which is what I intended to buy. I was actually going to get the trial size mini for $12. She told me the benefit Stay Don't Stray was a better product than UD and MAC paint pots. So I took her advice and got the Benefit product which was a huge mistake! The first day I noticed my eyelids looked oily and streaky after a couple hours (I don't even have oily skin!) but I wanted to give it a chance especially since it cost me $26 and I tried it a few more days with the same constant creasing. I'm so disappointed and disgusted with this stuff! I actually called Ulta today and asked could I bring it back. That's what I'm going to do, exchange for something else. Horrible product, would NOT recommend and will not repurchase. It's going back to the store!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Stay Don't Stray doesn't do anything at all. I have somewhat oily eyelids, so creasing is almost inevitable when I wear eyeshadow unless I wear primer or a good base. I decided to stray from my usual UDPP this one time because I got this for free and wanted to try it out.
It's supposed to be a primer for both eyeshadow and concealer, but I've only tried it under eyeshadow. First thing I noticed was that it's tinted. The shade is probably NC20 or something of the like, because I'm NC35 and it definitely shows. This isn't necessarily a problem for me, but WOC (women of color) may not like it.
The problem lies in that fact that this doesn't work at all. My eyeshadow was already creasing after two hours, and it usually doesn't crease until 3 hours after initial application (WITHOUT primer).
Not worth the $24. IMO the e.l.f Eyelid Primer is better and only costs $1 (seriously).
Would I purchase? No.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by suanle23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have to say, I have a lot better luck with UD primers and Mac Paints. Although the color of this primer is beautiful, my eyeshadow creased after a few hours of wearing this.
I will not be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by ihasa

I want to love this product, I really do - but as an eye primer, it's a bust for me.

I love the consistency and that it's tinted, but after just an hour or so I end up with major shadow crease lines.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2013 2:19:00 AM More reviews by Zoorkitty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Review as a eyelid primer: Start off by saying I used to love Benefit but now I am slowly getting a wee bit disappointed. There claims don't seem to stand up for a few of their product this one being one of them. Yesterday I wore it over my eyelids and then applied a Maxfactor cream eyeshadow. It creased in 2 hours. I have seen this happen with powder shadows too.

I do have oily eyelids, dry to combo everywhere else, no blemished or acne or anything. So generally well behaved skin.

The main job of a primer is to not let shadow 'stray' so whats up benefit ?

I will try it under eye and review how it behaved. I have drier under eye....but oily lids.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2013 1:03:00 PM More reviews by CarlyLively

I am absolutely in love with this product. It is very pricey, but its worth every penny for me. I not only use it on my eyes before applying shadows but I also use it on any blemish or spots I might have after applying concealer. It stays on all day and helps reduce the appearance of spots. It gives you a flawless look, it doesn't clump. I also applied it before using dollar store bought loose glitter (which for most people I would never recommend using on your eyes) but it made it stick all day.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by CheshireCat88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this as a trail product as i was having difficulties finding a decent primer, and i'm afraid to say its not really that great. After putting it on in the morning i would say it lasts for around 4 hours before creasing starts, and by the end of the day its severe creasing and dull eye shadow.

It goes on very easy and you need only a tiny amount but it turns quite powdery quickly. Though due to its colour it doesn't intefier with eye shadow pigment.

I had real hopes for this but for the price its really no better then an average primer.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by mmmaggie

I would buy this again if they would fix the packaging. I think this would suit a tube and doe foot applicator package perfectly. As far as the primer itself, it is my second favorite after the old Kat Von D primer. This is a little thinner and not as opaque as the Kat Von D primer but still a lot more so than other skin colored liquid eye primers. I prefer it under the eye with a touch of concealer or foundation to hide dark spots. I think this would be my new holy grail if they would just change that packaging over to be more like the primer's sample packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by JubliantUvula

The only primer that works for me! This is a bit expensive ($26) but it is a dryer formula and works great! The pump is annoying and always give you too much, but it is well worth it!