Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Primer Skin Transformer

3.5

Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Stearyl Heptanoate, Caprylyl Glycol, Silica Silylate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisestearate, May contain: Cl 73360 Red, Cl 77492 Iron Oxides [May 13, 2010] SILICONE CITY

on 9/7/2011 6:16:00 PM

This is a decent primer for the price. It doesn't give your makeup as much staying power as I would like, and doesn't really do anything to "age rewind" and minimize pores. However, it's not bad, and I definitely used the whole tube, before I purchased another primer by a different brand.

on 9/2/2011 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I finally saw it at Walmart, there was only 2 left. You get 0.85 oz for Cad$9, not bad. This is a silicone ladened primer, which works for me. The so called "slightly pin" colour is a joke, consider it as colourless. I literally put some on a white paper & I did not see a tinge of pink on it.
I cannot use liquid/cream foundation without (silicone) primer, it enables me to spread the fdn evenly & smoothly. The primer goes on after the moisturizer, then I have my morning tea, afterwards, all are absorbed (dried).
I cannot comment on the pore issue since the fdn/powder takes care of this pretty effectively.
I often blend various shades of fdn or concealer in a small pot, then add some silicone primer as a medium, voila, custome-blended fdn.
At the moment my favourite blend are various shades of Dermablend's leg & body with primer. Fantastic.

on 8/21/2011 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I like this primer - it's lightweight, really does even out my skin, and is a great base for makeup. The pink tint is probably unecessary. Overall, a product I like and will continue to buy.

on 8/13/2011 12:24:00 AM

hate it period....

on 8/4/2011 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

On the good side, it does reduce my pores and it makes my skin smooth. On the bad side, it does not give you the pink glow it mentions and my face does get oily after a few hours. It also doesn't make my makeup last longer which is the main reason i bought it for. For me personally, if I use it with just powder it works kind of better than if i use it with foundation. This primer + foundation does not work for me at all. I don't think i will be repurchasing this product.

on 7/30/2011 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love this primer. It's soft and made my makeup last a lot longer then I'm used to. My only problem is that after you apply it I normally have to wait a few minutes for it to 'set' otherwise my makeup melts off like usual.

on 7/14/2011 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have a love hate relationship with this product. Firstly, I LOVE the texture! It glides on sooo easily, unlike my other primer which is so thick it almost feels like a concealer! So I like that. When I first put it on it felt like I was putting oil onto my face & I was like oh no, because I have VERY oily skin. However this foundation is the opposite of what it seems. Trust me I have the oiliest skin in the WORLD & this dried my skin out like crazy!!!!!!! I was like.. What??? Seriously, I put my foundation over it & my whole entire face was dry & flaky! So weird.. Another weird thing is that it looks terrible when I finish my makeup, but after 1 hour it looks better & it keeps looking better & better as time goes on. I looked at my face 6 hours after I first did my makeup & my skin looked amazing. It didn't look flaky & there was only a little oil. It really does what it says it does. It gives me a pink glow & fills in all pores & lines.

**I did my makeup with this 1/2 an hour ago & it looks much better than it did when i'd just finished. & in a few hours my skin will look pretty much flawless thanks to this. It works really well as a primer - it even stops the makeup sliding off from under/around my nose, which no primer has ever been able to do. This primer is great but I would NOT recommend it for people with dry skin. Never, ever. To minimise flakiness I have had to completely change the way I apply my foundation. No more stippling. I now have to use a traditional foundation brush (a sponge would be even better) & just paint my foundation on. There's still a little flakiness (so weird) but what can you do...

on 7/14/2011 4:30:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I'll just be blunt... I don't like this primer. I know some people like the satin feel that primer gives your skin, but it almost feels overboard with this product. Other then making your skin soft (while it's on), I really don't have anything good to say about this. My pores aren't less noticeable, and it doesn't help my makeup last longer... which is the main reason I use a primer.

on 6/5/2011 3:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Was looking for a primer and foundation. Did some reading on primers and found this one had some good reviews and didn't cost an arm and a leg.

Found this primer at my local Walgreens. Bought it, the matching "eraser" foundation and finishing powder.

Love this primer! It's the fist one I've tried and I really like it. Doesn't feel heavy or too greasy or like it's suffocating my pores.

I used it with the eraser foundation and thought they both performed quite well! The finishing powder, however.... not cool.

on 5/10/2011 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I LOVE the maybelline primer it makes my skin flawless
poreless Ive dry skin this is the best Primer I tried you must
try dry skin girls that need hydration under makeup is my
HOLY grail primer I get asked alot what moisturizer I used
because my skin is very soft smooth flawless looking But
is not moisturizer is my HOLY Maybelline primer.

Popular Primer/ Correctors