October 23, 2014 | 2102 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Extase Flash Plumping Mascara

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2011 5:06:00 PM More reviews by Vada

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I worked as a makeup artist for Dior, & had a lot of experience using this mascara. To be honest, even though a lot of girls swore by it, I found it to be one of the worst and overpriced mascaras I have ever used.

It was extremely thick and a clumpy, causing lashes to clump together nearly every time I tried to apply it. Regardless of the wands i used, from the exact one it came with, to even mac's and lancome's wands, it was horrible every time I used it. It runs horribly, and takes forever to set as well. Then trying to wash it off at the end of the day took the most heavy duty remover I had, and there was still pigment everywhere. I can almost always find a way to make a mascara work on clients and myself, but this once as a lost cause. The price is much too high seeing as all claims it makes I didn't find true. The only thing I did like was the tube, and two limited shades in Plum & Taupe they had.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2011 6:53:00 PM More reviews by RachaelSpiffy

This is my favorite wow lashes mascara.. It makes my lashes look amazing almost like false lashes. I love how long and full this makes them look. I have no complaints. The brush is just amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2011 2:03:00 AM More reviews by karlababyx3

My best friend kept raving about this so I picked it up, I love it it makes my lashes super long thick, and beautiful I think the wand makes all the difference, when using it be sure to work the wand through the root of your eyelash hairs the right way, I do about 3 full coats. it is a little pricey compared to drugstore mascaras but the tube is pretty big. Overall I use this mascara on the weekends cause i'd hate to use it up so quickly and I'll use my Maybelline Falsies or Cover girl lash blasts on Weekdays.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2011 3:00:00 AM More reviews by Marianthoula

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am reviewing this from a sample I got from Dior SA.
I HATE it, if used alone. It deposits so much product in the lashes, that it is impossible to work it into a "wearable" look. I thought it was so cheap! I had trouble shaping/spreading the product even with a lash comb afterwards.
But now I have found the trick: I use Extase once then comb it out with my MaxFactor Lash Extension Effect and the result is stunning! I have long but thin and downturned lashes. The Extase adds all the volume and ooomph they need, and even without a curler they reach for the sky! I cannot use a liner on my small eyes, but this defines and enlarges my eyes gorgeously.
Il love using this combo, because nothing else can give me the volume that Extase does, and this is why I want to buy the full size.
Now, I do not propose you all use a second mascara, that would beat the purpose of using Extase in the first place. I seem to be doing better handling the Extase with practice, so I see how this goes. But if you so happen to have a second mascara (preferably lengthening) I say give it a try.

EDIT 27/12/2011: Dropped it from 4 to 2. On the combo I mention above it works wonderfull. But since it does not say otherwise, I expect to have at least decent results when I use it alone. Unfortunately, this is an unacceptable product for its price and brand, to be used alone. Thick, clumpy, dragshow (not in the good way) eyelashes, and a ton of product dragging them downwards. I will not buy this product.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2011 7:27:00 AM More reviews by reverendgreen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I wrote a largely negative review for this mascara a while back but have since come to view it in a more positive light. My initial distaste for it was down to its thick formula, which made lashes clump and wasted a lot of product. In order to achieve even a mildly attractive effect I would have to wipe away half the product. I did notice impressive lengthening and I didn't show any sign of raccoon eyes throughout the day but it glued my lashes together so extremely that those positives were negated. However, after dismissing Extase to the back of my draw for several months, I pulled it out again to experiment. I found that a much nicer effect could be achieved by adjusting my usual technique and using it in co-ordination with a finer, sparser wand (such as those on Lancôme's Hypnôse or Doll Eyes.) Instead of simply holding the wand at the base of my lashes and stroking all the way up, as I usually do, I hold at the base quite firmly and stroke only a tiny way upwards with decreased pressure. Then, I take one of my Lancôme mascaras and go from where I left off, using the mascara already applied to coat the rest. That's how thick Extase is - you need barely touch your lashes to have applied enough to coat all your lashes. Using this technique, I'm able to achieve quite a nice doe-eyed look but it does take some care and effort. And there's still the wasted product. I'd probably buy it again if I couldn't find another dramatic-look mascara that's any better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by ari496

This is most def my holy grail mascara! Thankfully, I am blessed with ridiculously long lashes, and strangely, all lengthening mascaras make my lashes look spidery. I want volume and thickness without clumping. Something to define my eyes without needing liner or shadow. This is it! It everything I've been looking for! It's so black and it doesn't flake. It gives my lashes a doll like effect, and I now have a naturally looking full, feminine, fringe. For some, the price might seem expensive, but I totally think it's worth it! So happy I found this. I'll buy this again and again!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2011 2:38:00 AM More reviews by 34lenorexena

Wow! I searched high and low for a brilliant mascara to use on my wedding day. I really do not want to wear false lashes as I am doing my own make up and I don't think my nerves will take it. I already have long lashes and so wanted something that will vamp them right up a la natural.

I am soooooo impressed with this mascara. It is gorgeous in every way.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2011 8:02:00 AM More reviews by 1Agatka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

While most of my make-up is high-end but I use a £8 mascara after discovering it worked better than my YSL. I got EXTASE from a friend who used it once and hated the false-lash-effect it gives. I gave it a go and quite liked it. Not the easiest mascara but the effect can be spectacular. Gives volume and length but the first time I've used it it went a bit clumpy. I guess the wand is a bit awkward... With practice you'll get the best lashes of your life. Just give it time.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2011 5:37:00 PM More reviews by leyla110

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I soooo wanted to love this. Despite the "Flash Plumping" claim, it really only lengthens. Plus, it is so wet that it made my lashes stick together in spikes. I used this 5 times before giving up on it. I'm glad others have found that it works well for them, but it did not for me. Maybe I got a bum tube. Either way, I am not repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2011 5:52:00 PM More reviews by 4makeupreviews

I really wanted to like this because I love the packaging, but the wand is really weird and makes my lashes clumpy. It creates length, but not volume or definition.