Chanel Chance

3.8

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This perfume smells amazing. It has a light, musky baby powder scent that doesn't smell like grandma, if that makes any sense? Haha. This smelled amazing on my friend but it didn't work on me.

on 1/8/2013 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this as a sort of pay day trea,t after smelling it in the shop I loved it! After a while though I got a bit sick of it and it smelt very sweet and peppery, it was still wearable but I don't think I will buy it again. Not worth it for the price!

on 11/28/2012 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love Chance!. It's lasting power is amazing. You only need 1-2 sprays max and you smell great all day. Very round and full smell creates the smell of youthfulness in some way. It's definitely a unique smell that I used to wear years ago in college.

on 11/6/2012 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Make me dizzy and gave me a terrible headache. Even started wheezing a bit.

Even if it didn't make me sick I think it smells terrible. I got it in a sample and wish I hadn't put it on at all. Yuck.

on 11/5/2012 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Chance was my first Chanel perfume. Definitely the youngest of them all. I have been using the edt 4 years now (I got my second 50ml bottle a few months ago) which is less sweet and more light and citrusy than the edp.

Chance is a fragrance for a young lady. This girl is done with teeny-boper scents but hasn't reached the sophistication level that Coco requires. Feels energizing, more playful than seductive but in a classy way. I mostly use it for nights out but it can also add a touch of glamour in your day.

The top motes of lemon, pineapple and pink pepper feel almost festive. The flowery heart with hyacinth and jasmine remains light and pleasing and the drydown when patchouli dominates is the most sensual part. I love this transformation, keeps my nose interested and fascinates me every time. And it has very good lasting power.

Although it has a young feeling I think every woman can wear it when she feels like a naughty girl inside ;)

on 10/16/2012 1:42:00 AM

Chanel Chance is an unusual and completely original fragrance, very heavy on the patchouli. It reminds me of summer, the beach, bare skin, sweat and, dare I say, sex. However, I find it very strong and tenacious -- it clings to clothing and skin for days, if not months. (I'm surprised to read some complaints about lack of staying power -- if only it were so for me!).
Consequently, I don't find it the easiest scent to wear, and I still have two nearly full bottles of it on my vanity table. Among Chanel fragrances, I find No. 5 much easier to wear. But in the right mood -- say, in August, when the sun is high and the temperatures are hot and you're feeling languid -- it's superb!

on 9/26/2012 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love Chance so much. It works well with my skin chemistry, has super lasting power and most of all, makes me smile when I spray a bit on. I've always loved fragrance, worn since a teenager and have never had this happen before. I have both EDT and EDP (EDT seems lighter and less serious?) and treasure and have repurchased. The very round, full citrus-but-not-citrus note is loveIy and I think what gives it a supposedly youthful vibe but I just don't see it - maybe just compared to other Chanel scents? I don't get any powdery scent at all on me. It is so unique and always makes me happy.

on 9/26/2012 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have the eau de toilette. Last quite long, but the smell is too strong for me that I get a headache every time I use it or even smell it. The base is quite nice and lasting, but a bit too powder-like for me. I do get headache when I smell many other perfumes too.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This perfume, out of all the ones I own, is definitely top on my list (right behind Daisy, I think). I love this perfume, although it is mature (but not too mature, which is unusual for Chanel). I will be picking up Eau Tendre and Eau Fraiche soon.

on 9/19/2012 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Chance works AMAZINGLY with my body chemistry. AMAZINGLY. I get compliments all the time, sometimes multiple times a day. I even spot, out of the corner of my eye, people sitting next to me inching closer to take a deeper breath.

This is a miracle because I've hated most perfumes I've ever tried. They either gave me nausea or a headache or both. I never found one that worked on me until I found Chance. I've gotten it for Christmas ever since. However, I'm inclined to use it every single day which is bad news for my almost always empty pocketbook.

Thank God for Makeupalley because some of you ladies who love Chance as well also recommend other perfumes in your reviews. I'm going to try Diva by Ungaro which at $35 is much more friendly for my just graduated-from-college-dirt-poor--feel-guilty-when-I-spend-more-than-$10-on-anything situation.

Popular Fragrances