September 16, 2014 | 1807 users online

Lips - Nivea - Lip Care

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2009 1:35:00 AM More reviews by Yushimi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got the 'regular' one, the Essential (dark blue).

I gotta admit this is one of my fav. quick lip balm. But be super careful because I kept this in my pocket once and it kinda..melted lolz but that's my mistake on my part.

This leaves my lips super soft...get prep for gloss/lipstick etc. etc. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2009 11:40:00 PM More reviews by karen1124

I am using the Nivea Hydrocare lip balm (the light blue tube) and it works surprisinly well. The application is smooth and it leaves my lips soft and moisturized. The only thing I don't like is everytime I apply, I find that the lip balm tends to slide back into the tube. Maybe I am pressing too hard against my lips! I've repurchased this several times and have bought several tubes just to keep in my bag! Definitely worth trying especially since it's not that expensive in the first place :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2009 11:22:00 PM More reviews by underthestars

omgoshhhhhhh! i absouloutly adoree this product:) i have the dark blue one and the light blue. i was at my local drug store and it was on sale for only 2 bucks, so i just decided to give it a try. I LOVE IT. itss absouloutly amazing:)
prob one of the best lip balm out there with burts bees:)

it moisturizes verry well, and leaves a very shiny soft look to ur lips.

i prefer the dark tube over the light blue tube, but they are both wonderful.

the only thing bad about it is the smell. it says its suppose to smell like grape, but ugh for such a great product they sure have an awful smell.

PROS: moisturizes instantl, soft feel. & the pricee
CONS: the smell, and a little oily feel.

i am so glad i bought this product, i will definalty go run up to my drugstore and stock up some more.

This for me is comparable to the burts bees except burts bees has a better smell but is slightly more expensive. However, both work amazing:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2009 3:07:00 PM More reviews by ash_theoriginal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use the Nivea Lip Care Essential (blue tube) This is my HG lip moisturizer. This stuff goes on so smoothly and provides instant relief. In the winter my lips get flaky, cracked and dry and look and feel terrible. I use this stuff all day and slather a thick coat before I go to bed. I like it because it's also unscented and clear so I can layer a lipstick or coloured gloss on top. This stuff is almost buildable. The more strokes brings on super thick product and I do this at night to stay super moisturized. I wake up in the morning with it still on my lips!! Also since I go to bed with lip care on I used to break out from other products once it came into contact with my skin, but this stuff doesn't break me out either. Awesome stuff!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2009 5:24:00 AM More reviews by katvop83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this item because of the way it was advertise to help keep your lips from being dry and i must say it does work.
I love the fact that it has spf 4 in it not very much but at least something better than nothing also you can use it on top off your lip-liner to add color.
I would buy it again :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2009 5:15:00 AM More reviews by stephybelle

I love the slide on cap.
I have this in strawberry kiss, essential and pearl and shine. The pearl and shine is a bit light for my lips but looks great with a clear gloss over it. The other two hydrate amazingly and really are essential. Cheap, but run out fast.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2008 6:50:00 AM More reviews by Yvonnelim

Well, I have really dry lips.
I've tried several lip balm and I really love Nivea's lipcare.
The one I'm using is Nivea's hydro care.
The moment I apply it on my face I can no longer feel my cracked lips.
It's a great balm before you apply your lipstick on.
I'll definitely get it again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2008 11:45:00 PM More reviews by wontonwendy

ewwwwww
ok i got the yellow version of this
the spf something or other one
andi dont know if its supposed to be like this but it was really really chalky and just ugly

blergh
sorry wont buy it again

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2008 2:25:00 AM More reviews by Steelsheen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall Rating= 5
Price= 2
Packaging Quality= 5
Would you buy this product again? yes

i've been using this product for several years now and i'm pretty happy with the results. so far i've used Rose, Pearl & Shine and currently, Cherry. i like Cherry the best because many folks think i'm wearing lipstick (when in truth this is just lipbalm) and when it does dry up it leaves a tint of reddish pink on my lips, making it appear like i have them naturally red. also Cherry leaves a sheer/ matte finish, which is perfect for me since i'm not fond of anything too shimmery.

i've stayed away from wearing lipsticks since no matter what the formulation it eventually leaves my lips very dry and at times, darkens it (yikes!). i know that Lip Care is simply a lip balm and does not have the staying power of a lipstick or the glossiness of a regular lip gloss but that is exactly the reason why i use it. it isnt harsh on the lips, it doesnt dry it out, it gives color and also helps with exfoliating the lips.

edit: oh yeah one last thing, its best to keep this lip balm in your person, meaning either in your jeans pocket or interior coat pocket, or anywhere close to your body. it keeps the lip balm moist enough so that it will go on your lips smoothly when you re-apply it. we all have make-up kits but i realized that keeping it there subjects it to environmental temperatures, so if the make-up kit is in a cold place for a prolonged length of time it makes the lip balm a bit waxy and not as moist when putting it on.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2008 11:05:00 PM More reviews by JessicaMary21

I bought the lip balm in the light blue tube. This is OK if you're desperate, but it is really just like spreading oil on your lips. It just sits there. When I use my Burts Bee's Lip Balm within a couple of minutes the dead skin sloughs off and I'm left with smooth lips. This stuff just stinks. I hate the scent of it. (Vanilla/Lemon I think) Again, it's hard to go to this stuff when you've used Burt's Bee's Lip Balms!