E.L.F. Essential Eyelid Primer - Sheer

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Cyclopentasiloxane, Octyl Palmitate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Triacontanyl PVP, Propylene Carbonate, Titanium Dioxide, Barium Sulfate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019).

on 6/25/2014 9:42:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Love this product and I use it every day. It works wonders on keeping my eyeliner in place and you can't beat the price!

I LOVE this product, it even rivals the benefit eye primer, especially for the price! It is a staple for my make up bag, I use it every day to make sure my eye shadow or liner stays out, and it does make a difference to when I don't wear it. The only down side is that if you have dry skin it can look a bit patchy, but the solution to this is just moisturise thoroughly before applying! All in all a great product for great value. Highly recommend for beauty on a budget.

on 6/22/2014 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff workins amazing. I have super oily skin and I get creases in my eye shadow very easily. This stuff keeps that from happening practically all day even on the worse humid summer day.

My only complaint would be.. its super liquidy and doesnt last very long. But you only pay like a $1-$2 for a tube. I love the nude and the pearl

on 6/18/2014 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Just as great as UD's

on 6/17/2014 6:42:00 PM

I love this. Since finding it it's the only eye primer I will use, I have the pearl one which is great for adding a little sparkle but the sheer one is m holy grail. I've true tons of primers but my shadow will be on lash line after a few hours, this beauty keeps everything in place for the whole day.. Love it.

on 6/8/2014 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool

I absolutely love this stuff, HG! The packaging could use some work but I don't mind it, you just can't really tell what's left.. For a buck it's deff worth it. I would rate it up there with urban decays primer potion! It's smooth, sheer, applies nice and is just tacky enough for the shadow to stick. Use sparingly because using too much of any product can also cause creasing. Stock up!

I bought this as I needed a sheer eye primer that was thin and didn't crease on my eyes. This works perfectly and does everything it's meant to but it irritated my eyes like crazy.

I used this under some Chi Chi eyeshadows in quite a dramatic peacock eye look for a 21st back in April. I came home that night, removed my eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara and false eyelashes and was left with red, itchy, scaley, dry eyelids. As I had used so many new products that night, I wasn't sure what had caused it. At first I thought it was the lash glue but after using it again with no reaction that was ruled out. I eventually narrowed it down to this eye primer.

The second time using it made the reaction a lot worse than the first time and it took two weeks to clear up.

It only cost me $3 and I have had no other reaction to any ELF products so I will not rule out the brand from one bad experience.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This is *the* option for your very first eye primer. It's a mere dollar! It's much much better than going without, that's for sure. It gives a sheer wash of color and makes the color stay for about 6 hours before it starts to break down. It's not a miracle worker but it's a good first option. If you love eye shadow, buy urban decay's instead.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Like all primers, e.l.f. Essential Eyelid Primer is supposed to prep my lids to make eye shadow longer-lasting & to stop it from creasing. The packaging is like a lip gloss—a tube & a wand with a sponge applicator. I apply it to my eyes with the wand & blend it in with my fingertip; after it dries, I apply eye shadow like normal. Unfortunately, it was average & cheap; it was a classic case of “getting what I paid for.” I didn't love this, but I like it well enough. It would be good for a teenager experimenting with makeup or someone who’s just starting to wear it. (Hey, I was practically 18 before I’d started wearing makeup!) If you’re experienced or have used a good-quality primer, I think you’ll agree that it isn’t the best to use. I honestly have two or three other primers I know I’d grab before this one.

What annoys me the most is I am almost certain it “doesn’t work” because of my skin type. I have oily skin & lids & while this does work for me, it’s only for a little while, & just barely. It’s not the worst product, but I only use it if I have no other options… out of necessity. I have shade Sheer, but on the website I see there are others. They're Champagne, Pearl, & Golden. The primer cost me $1 & I got it from Target.

on 6/1/2014 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I get the same outcome with urban decays primer. I have trialed both of them. Urban decays does eventually crease sometimes and so does this. Sometimes I felt like this lasted longer. This doesnt make ur lids matte but does keep shadow from creasing.