July 30, 2014 | 1458 users online

Concealers - Make Up For Ever - Full Cover Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2013 9:49:00 AM More reviews by LoveTrooper

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this and ONLY this concealer for about four years. After gradually switching to only organic body and beauty products over the last two years, my mascara and this concealer were the only non-organic products left in my beauty bag. I have now replaced MUFE Full Cover with Dr. Hauschka's Cover Stick. While I was VERY skeptical about the staying power of organic make-up, my skin is so much better 1+ month later that I now firmly believe that MUFE Full Cover was behind my oft-clogged pores and skin woes. That being said...

MUFE Full Cover Pros:

- At first glance, this concealer is great value for what you actually spend per tube. My first tube lasted me two years (!), even with daily use on my undereye cycles and near-daily use on small blemishes.

- It covers quite well and really stays put. Very little or no re-application necessary during the day.

But...

MUFE Full Cover Cons:

- Do your body and skin a favor and RESEARCH what you are putting on/into it. If you understand the products you are using, you can make more informed decisions whether to splurge a bit more on organic products or whether you are satisfied with the value of your current product. Many of the ingredients in this concealer are made from petroleum, synthetic or products that are otherwise unduly tested for long-term safety. Ingredients: Water, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, isododecane,cyclopentasiloxane, glycerin, polyethylene, microcrystaline cellulose, disteardimonium hectorite, phenoxyethanol, sodium myristoyl glutamate, silica dimethyl silylate, magnesium sulfate, sodium chloride, xanthan gum, propylene carbonate, propylparaben, octyldodecyl myristate, capparis spinosa fruit extract, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, chlorphenesin, allantoin, tetrasodium edta. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

- After switching to Dr. Hauschka's Cover Stick, my pores are hardly ever clogged and when I do get a break-out, it's smaller, contained and heals much, much faster (one day instead of, say, four or five for all redness to disappear) The DH Cover Stick does not have quite the staying power that MUFE Full Cover provides, but it is such a high-quality concealer and my skin has cleared up so much that I will never look back. Since nothing else in my skincare routine/diet/lifestyle has changed, I am convinced that MUFE Full Cover was more the problem than the cure.

Each person and complexion is different, of course, and this review only reflects my personal experience, but if you are shopping for a new concealer, I urge you to do your research and give organic (and your body!) a chance. Some high-quality brands that contain safe, natural products beside Dr. Hauschka include INIKA, RMS Beauty, Living Nature, Vapour Organic Beauty and Suki.

7 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 8:41:00 PM More reviews by tdhx0

Wow! Hands down the best concealer I've ever tried. I've repurchased this 4 times already. My skin looks so flawless when I use this. A little goes a very long way. Yes, it's expensive ($32) but it lasts me forever so it's worth the money. Nothing compares to this concealer! It provides the fullest coverage and I just can't get enough!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by TootsDiva

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm very partial to this product. I purchased it at Sephora and gasped at the price of $37 CAD. I bit the bullet and purchased it after a long debate in store. I purchased the colour #18 chocolate and was happy with the match. The product is very thick and def conceals very well. Considering I don't have much dark spots, or dark circles on my face I think it was a bit overkill and I choose a concealer that was incorrect for my personal use. I believe if you have dark imperfections/dark circles on your face that this concealer will work very well for you and it also lasts all day as promised (waterproof). I have since returned it because I think I need to stick to my light weight concealers for sure.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2013 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Xxkonixx

I m not sure how i feel about this product even though i have been using it for quite sometimes and heres why…in terms of coverage and texture…i dun find it as incredible as most people…i have to layer quite a bit to cover some spots…its also hard to blend at slighly dry areass…a big problem i have is due to the color selection…i m around nc30 and i m in between 6 and 7…therefore i need to mix two colors to get my match…and here the problem…!! I usually mix the two colors on the back of my hand and then use a brush to apply…and everytime when i m half way done the mix will completely dry up on my hand and i need to mix more which is very time consuming and annoyinggg!!! i will try to finish them coz they r kinda expensive but i have been reaching for the nars radiant concealer more when i m not in the mood to mix and want to do my face quick…!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Piggie8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I honestly cannot decide whether or not I like this. For a while I loved it, then I hated it and then I was liking it again.

It definitely is a full coverage concealer, for a liquid concealer, it's pretty decent at covering red blemishes.

I had to learn how to apply this just right. It's something you have to kind of pack on and press into. It also helps, as usual, to have a pressed powder.

I was hoping for the price to find an all-in-one, but like other liquids, it didn't cover my most worst of all blemishes.

I would purchase it again, especially for the convenience of a squeeze tube, but not readily for the price that it costs. MUFE has some nice cosmetics, but I don't feel like this is the most amazing one.

One kudo I have to give to MUFE though is that they have gotten the closest to my skin color than anyone else.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 5:19:00 PM More reviews by SICUxRN

HG concealer. A little goes a very long way, the tube lasts forever. Great spot coverage. I use a small amount of BB cream, spot coverage with the concealer and a touch of mineral veil. Perfect combination!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 10:33:00 AM More reviews by tanya30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this a lot

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by beautycalls09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

There is only one problem with this concealer: it doesn't stay on all day. I've never found a concealer that does. No big deal.
Literally every other aspect of this concealer is perfect. I've never seen anything blend like this does. It MELTS into your skin, and rather than looking cakey, it creates this gorgeous smooth, soft-focus effect. The consistency is medium, not watery but not as thick as, say, MAC studio finish. It dries VERY quickly, but you can still manipulate and blend after it dries. In fact, I apply to my undereyes (dark, bluish or purple circles) let it dry for a few seconds and THEN blend. It seems to cover pigmented areas better that way.

I recommend trying this in different lighting because it's hard to get the color right. A saleswoman at Sephora gave me shade #3...then I got home and realized I looked like a ghost. I exchanged it for shade #7 (huuuuuuge difference) which matches me well when I'm tan. (MAC nc40)

I rarely give packaging more than a 3 unless it's very beautiful, but I'm giving this a 4 because I love the squeeze tube--very hygienic. This will last a very long time, which is why I didn't mind the $32 price tag.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2013 3:41:00 AM More reviews by MissTomato

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was in need of concealer due to my very dark acne scar and heard good review about this concealer. But I am very disappointed with this product. It is very expensive and didnt give me the coverage I needed. It works well for dark circle, but not dark acne scars.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2013 2:22:00 AM More reviews by Sykeq

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to love 'the amazing concealer' due to its more blendable consistency, but after using MUF's version, I love this so much more. It's not as oily as TAC - which I discovered was also kinda breaking me out. This concealer literally lasts all day, through the rain, sweat and humidity. The shades also suit my yellow, asian skintone better. The only downside is that if you have dry skin/dry spots on your face, it has a tendency to cake and is hard to blend out once you slap this on. Although it's nothing some moisturizer can't fix. Make sure to go easy when you're using it under your eyes too. A little goes a long way, so avoid smothering this over dark eye circles, or you'll just end up accentuating fine lines. In terms of coverage, I find it's less pigmented than TAC, so it works best to cover moderate imperfections, but one tube can certainly last a long time. Overall, a great concealer that doesn't irritate your skin. Will repurchase for sure :)