April 24, 2014 | 1598 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Sonia Kashuk - Radiant Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 (tube)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2011 4:54:00 PM More reviews by sagerogers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

At first I LOVED this TM. Really great coverage and it glides on very smooth, feels natural and last a decent amount of time BUT after just a few days of wearing my skin rebelled and for the first time in my life I've got rosacea like pimples and swelling that did not go away for weeks. I had to go find a soothing lotion to help my face heal. So, if you have super human skin that it not sensitive, this may be fine for you, but for fair sensitive sking, I would stay miles away... Also. the tube is horrible, the hole is huge and the runny liquid just goes everywhere......

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2011 10:01:00 PM More reviews by morgantreado

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this product a while ago because MAC gave me tinted moistureizer and I loved it so much but I couldn't afford 30 bucks for a tiny tube so I tried this one thinking it would be sort of what I was looking for. But.. No. It made my face shiny at the end of the day even when I used powder over it. And I broke out sooo bad too! I will probably just suck it up and buy MAC because I have not found any that are quite like it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2011 11:38:00 AM More reviews by e9r12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is just okay. It have very little coverage, barely any. I do use this fairly often in the summer though with powder over it. It can look a little cakey, since I have dry skin, if I dont put moisturizer on under it. It does have some shimmer also, which I dont really like. I said I would not buy it again becasue I was to try the Laura Mercier one next, but I might go back to this if I can't find anything better (which I highly doubt).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2011 4:09:00 PM More reviews by flukii

I am an NC30/35 and the shade Tan matches my skin perfectly, with just enough yellow undertones. I have been using this for a little over 2 months, and I find that the coverage is light-medium, which is surprising because you would only expect light coverage with a tinted moisturizer. People ask me what foundation I wear to make my skin look so perfect! It evens out my skintone, does not highlight my pores (and I have sizeable pores!), and stays relatively matte for 4-5 hours. When I put it on my hand to apply it onto my face, I notice these gold light reflectors, that when blended out gives my face a healthy glow without looking shiny or overly dewy. My skin is usually sensitive to breakouts but when I switched to this, I didn't notice any pimples, bumps, or redness. It also has SPF 15 to protect your face from the sun... and a plus is that it doesn't leave a white cast in pictures.

SO BASICALLY... I love this product! 5/5, my new HG :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2011 2:20:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Big sad face here. I researched TMs on MUA and this seemed to get good reviews overall. To get a perfect color match, I had to mix fair and linen and then it really matched perfectly. When I first applied this, I was thrilled. It has good coverage for a TM, although it's a bit too matte for my liking so it can look a tad flat. But it really evened out my blotchy skin. I put it on in the morning and around lunchtime I was impressed with how it didn't seem to be oxidizing - it still looked pretty good though I needed to powder. But when I checked again at 4 p.m., I had 5 big angry raised pimples on my cheeks, where I NEVER get breakouts. They took an entire week to fade. This seemed to totally sensitize my skin and it was inflamed and red for a week. I cannot recommend this at all based on the horribly irritating ingredients in it. I am so sad because I really loved the coverage, texture, and color match of this. So now I'm back to searching for my HG TM. Sigh.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2011 2:05:00 PM More reviews by delovelyjenn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this moisturizer! It's not great for coverage of real skin problems. My acne still shines through. But using some foundation for coverage and this to even skin out overall is perfect!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2011 8:18:00 PM More reviews by izzster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

PROS

* Moisturizes very well. Too well during the summer (shine town), but it makes my seasonally-dry skin look far more healthy, youthful, and radiant during the winter than in it otherwise would (I get compliments all the time when I wear this during a dry-skin period).

* Light (but not sheer) coverage that feels like you're not wearing makeup at all. Subtly evens out overall skin tone and redness, though it won't cover more significant patches and blemishes.

* Stays in place quite well if you're not sweating overmuch, even acts as sort of a primer for your foundation in the same way a good standard moisturizer will do.

* Blends smoothly, evenly, and easily. Nice consistency.

* Doesn't highlight, pores, wrinkles, or dry skin patches

* Smells nice :)

CONS

* It's moisturizing to the point where I get too shiny by the end of the day if it's AT ALL warm out. Probably better for winter-wear and/or dry-skinned girls.

* Usually the lightest shade in any brand works for me, but I find that the lightest shade Sonia Kashuk makes is still a touch too dark/yellow-based. It's the only makeup I own that's mismatched enough that I HAVE to put it on my neck so it blends out.

* It is subtle coverage, good if you only need the lightest complexion-evening properties, though there is enough pigment that whenever I put it on my legs people compliment and ask me if I'm wearing pantyhose ;)

* Comes out of the tube WAY too easily, you have to be careful, else you'll have a mess on your hands.

OVERALL IMPRESSION:

This is a pretty good tinted moisturizer under certain conditions, it's my go-to for dry skin and dry weather. I'd say you should probably avoid it if you're on the oily/oil-heavy-combo side, and it's probably perfect for older women, people with dry skin, and those with light coverage/complexion-evening needs.

* UPDATE : Every now and then this gives me a zit or two (and I am positive this is the product responsible), though I wouldn't go as far as saying the product will break you out unless you're the type to break out at the slightest provocation, like me.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2011 1:47:00 PM More reviews by bunnyangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The only thing I liked about this product was the shade (linen) matched my skin well upon initial application. It applied okay, but made my skin oily throughout the day and never seemed to settle into my skin well. My skin looked uneven in tone and texture all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2011 9:59:00 PM More reviews by krisbost10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite tinted moisturizer ever! I love it so much! I use it as a foundation sometimes, it's that great. Has great coverage and really does make your skin look radiant. I for sure recommend this product for any skin types.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2011 7:31:00 PM More reviews by ohhysteria

I was extremely skeptical about trying a tinted moisturizer but wanted to try something other than foundations since they're so heavy. I decided to try this one because all of the reviews are pretty great. I went to Target yesterday and got it in Beige since they were out of Tan, the color is good but maybe a tad light for me. Coverage is surprisingly good, not at all what I was expecting. I used a powder to set it and I haven't gotten oily at all which I'm ecstatic about, although I've only been wearing it for 4 hours I would have already been oily if I were wearing foundation and powder. I'll definitely be repurchasing, though I'll be getting Tan the next time around lol. Only reason it got 4 not 5 is pricing, especially for the tube.