I bought this because there's another review thread that has this product very highly rated. I didn't see this one review thread.... *sigh* I should have realized it wasn't the same anymore because the packaging has changed - and obviously the formula, too. I am not happy with anything about this product. This comes in four tints: Fair, Linen, Beige and Tan. I got the beige which is very, very yellow and light. Not as depicted on the tube. Radiant? I assumed that a product named "Radiant" would be slightly illuminating, but it's very matte. And to me one of the benefits of a good TM is that the pigment doesn't settle into pores and wrinkles to accentuate them. This product does. Every pore, wrinkle and wrinkle is more visible. And I have crepiness that I didn't even notice until I put this on my face. I don't find this TM "moisturizing" - it's got the texture of a watery pigment. It's much more like a light foundation than a TM. And not a flattering one...
EDITED TO ADD: Why, oh why do companies mess with what works?! When you read the reviews for the old formula, it seems like aside from the packaging, it was great.
I've really tried to give this product a shot, but it's a disappointment.
My skin cleared up and I didn't need much coverage anymore and I wanted my skin to breath. I've been a loyal user of mineral foundation but even that was getting too heavy for me. I watched a couple of YouTube videos and this was featured as a favorite in the vids so I decided to give it a go. This was about $12-$13 at Target, came in a squeeze tube with a twist off top. Now packaging could be better. The top doesn't really help with keeping the foundation inside the tube. Kind of leaks=\ It would be awesome if it came with a pump instead. As for the formula, it's really nice. Evens out my complexion with out feeling heavy and cakey. I still set with a mattifying powder (Rimmel Stay Matte). I have oily semi-sensitive skin and got no breakouts from this. Overall a great tinted moisturizer, I did pretty good for it being my first one. I wish it was a little cheaper but I will most likely re-purchase:)
This is the best TM ever!!! It gives me nice finish without it looking to noticeable and cakey.I had this for about 2 months and I wear to school everyday and it lasted in the gym.It last a good 8 hours. I have this in tan and I'm nc35-nc42 in MAC.
At first I LOVED this TM. Really great coverage and it glides on very smooth, feels natural and last a decent amount of time BUT after just a few days of wearing my skin rebelled and for the first time in my life I've got rosacea like pimples and swelling that did not go away for weeks. I had to go find a soothing lotion to help my face heal. So, if you have super human skin that it not sensitive, this may be fine for you, but for fair sensitive sking, I would stay miles away... Also. the tube is horrible, the hole is huge and the runny liquid just goes everywhere......
I purchased this product a while ago because MAC gave me tinted moistureizer and I loved it so much but I couldn't afford 30 bucks for a tiny tube so I tried this one thinking it would be sort of what I was looking for. But.. No. It made my face shiny at the end of the day even when I used powder over it. And I broke out sooo bad too! I will probably just suck it up and buy MAC because I have not found any that are quite like it.
This product is just okay. It have very little coverage, barely any. I do use this fairly often in the summer though with powder over it. It can look a little cakey, since I have dry skin, if I dont put moisturizer on under it. It does have some shimmer also, which I dont really like. I said I would not buy it again becasue I was to try the Laura Mercier one next, but I might go back to this if I can't find anything better (which I highly doubt).
I am an NC30/35 and the shade Tan matches my skin perfectly, with just enough yellow undertones. I have been using this for a little over 2 months, and I find that the coverage is light-medium, which is surprising because you would only expect light coverage with a tinted moisturizer. People ask me what foundation I wear to make my skin look so perfect! It evens out my skintone, does not highlight my pores (and I have sizeable pores!), and stays relatively matte for 4-5 hours. When I put it on my hand to apply it onto my face, I notice these gold light reflectors, that when blended out gives my face a healthy glow without looking shiny or overly dewy. My skin is usually sensitive to breakouts but when I switched to this, I didn't notice any pimples, bumps, or redness. It also has SPF 15 to protect your face from the sun... and a plus is that it doesn't leave a white cast in pictures.
SO BASICALLY... I love this product! 5/5, my new HG :)
Big sad face here. I researched TMs on MUA and this seemed to get good reviews overall. To get a perfect color match, I had to mix fair and linen and then it really matched perfectly. When I first applied this, I was thrilled. It has good coverage for a TM, although it's a bit too matte for my liking so it can look a tad flat. But it really evened out my blotchy skin. I put it on in the morning and around lunchtime I was impressed with how it didn't seem to be oxidizing - it still looked pretty good though I needed to powder. But when I checked again at 4 p.m., I had 5 big angry raised pimples on my cheeks, where I NEVER get breakouts. They took an entire week to fade. This seemed to totally sensitize my skin and it was inflamed and red for a week. I cannot recommend this at all based on the horribly irritating ingredients in it. I am so sad because I really loved the coverage, texture, and color match of this. So now I'm back to searching for my HG TM. Sigh.
I love this moisturizer! It's not great for coverage of real skin problems. My acne still shines through. But using some foundation for coverage and this to even skin out overall is perfect!
* Moisturizes very well. Too well during the summer (shine town), but it makes my seasonally-dry skin look far more healthy, youthful, and radiant during the winter than in it otherwise would (I get compliments all the time when I wear this during a dry-skin period).
* Light (but not sheer) coverage that feels like you're not wearing makeup at all. Subtly evens out overall skin tone and redness, though it won't cover more significant patches and blemishes.
* Stays in place quite well if you're not sweating overmuch, even acts as sort of a primer for your foundation in the same way a good standard moisturizer will do.
* Blends smoothly, evenly, and easily. Nice consistency.
* Doesn't highlight, pores, wrinkles, or dry skin patches
* Smells nice :)
* It's moisturizing to the point where I get too shiny by the end of the day if it's AT ALL warm out. Probably better for winter-wear and/or dry-skinned girls.
* Usually the lightest shade in any brand works for me, but I find that the lightest shade Sonia Kashuk makes is still a touch too dark/yellow-based. It's the only makeup I own that's mismatched enough that I HAVE to put it on my neck so it blends out.
* It is subtle coverage, good if you only need the lightest complexion-evening properties, though there is enough pigment that whenever I put it on my legs people compliment and ask me if I'm wearing pantyhose ;)
* Comes out of the tube WAY too easily, you have to be careful, else you'll have a mess on your hands.
This is a pretty good tinted moisturizer under certain conditions, it's my go-to for dry skin and dry weather. I'd say you should probably avoid it if you're on the oily/oil-heavy-combo side, and it's probably perfect for older women, people with dry skin, and those with light coverage/complexion-evening needs.
* UPDATE : Every now and then this gives me a zit or two (and I am positive this is the product responsible), though I wouldn't go as far as saying the product will break you out unless you're the type to break out at the slightest provocation, like me.