October 30, 2014 | 1608 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Volume Flash The Max

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2010 9:23:00 PM More reviews by NewMakeupMaven

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this mascara about a week ago. I have used it every day since then & I can confidently say that I absolutely love it. I haven't had any problems with flaking or smudging. I have naturally curly, medium-length lashes. This mascara makes my lashes long, thick and black. Volume Flash actually reminds me of L'Oreal's Extra-Volume Collagen mascara (another favorite of mine) but without the excessive clumping. If you like the Extra-Volume Collagen mascara but hate the extra work you have to do (combing through clumps, etc) to get it to look presentable, you should give this mascara a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2010 1:38:00 AM More reviews by EuphoricMadness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My first Rimmel mascara. I got this as part of a Rimmel gift basket I won in a drawing, otherwise, I probably wouldn't have even noticed this let alone buy it. I have to say, when I tried it, I was pretty impressed. lt separated my lashes and didn't clump or give me spider lashes. It lengthened more than volumized, but I've pretty much come to expect that from most mascaras I try. This worked really well at enhancing my natural lashes, so saying that, it didn't do much at all for volumizing. As nice as my lashes looked, I'd have to take a lippie off for false advertisement :) If they claimed nice, defined, natural-looking lashes, then I definitely would rate higher. However, despite the pretty lashes it gives me, I'd have to bring it down another lippie cuz of the little black smudges and flakes I find under my eyes not an hour later (I'm guessing from my oily lids?). That's without primer, which I usually use. I plan on trying this again later with a primer underneath and seeing how long it lasts then, because I definitely don't plan on wearing this on its own when I go out. However, I'd like if my mascaras could hold their own without a primer, especially if I'm short on time and can only apply one. If you're looking for a mascara that separates, doesn't clump, and enhances your natural lashes, and you don't have smudge-prone eyes like me, this would be great for you.

Edit 9/4/10: I don't know how this happened, but I tried this by itself a third time, and WOW. This mascara suddenly decided to have AMAZING staying power and slightly better volume. The volume I'm happier for, but the staying power is what's really impressing me. I've had this on for a whopping 7 hours and I still see no noticeable smudging. For me, this is an amazing feat. Yes, there is some (VERY) faint grayness at the outer corners of my eyes, but nothing to make me want to run to the bathroom to fix, or want to shut myself away in isolation from the outside world :P
I am baffled and confused as to how this mascara did a complete 180 on me in terms of staying power. Confused, but glad.
But, alas, I've once again found something to gripe about. Probably because of its staying power, it is difficult to remove. I use Sonia Kashuk Remove, which has never had a problem removing my eye mu in the past, but even with it, I have to wipe/scrub(!!) my eyes several times to stop seeing black on the cottonball. I haven't tried any other removers yet, but I'll update if I do and if they work better than the SK. For now, though, my rating stays at four.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2010 11:21:00 PM More reviews by alising3248

When I went to the store today, I was planning on buying Maybellines Falsies mascara, but alas! It was all sold out. But I really needed a new mascara, so I chose this instead.

I have rather mediocre, straight Asian lashes. Emphasis on the straight.I would love to give this product a five, and I probably would have... If it could hold a curl. I curl my lashes (I prefer to curl then apply because I've lost lashes before when curling wet lashes...) apply the mascara and literally WATCH them droop down to straightness. It's awful.

Anyways, I played around with it a little more, and after applying many coats, curling, and combing for what seemed quite a long time, I had PERFECT LASHES. Long, clump-free, thick gorgeous dark black lashes. It's a shame it took so darn long to achieve this.

For now, this product gets a three, but I will be returning it to the store (I have no shame, no shame!) within the week to exchange it for the waterproof version... Hopefully it will be just as fabulous but with better curl-holding abilities.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2010 7:41:00 PM More reviews by ashtrayxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I just bought this mascara and I am very pleased considering I only paid CA$5.99 for it on sale!

My first impression was that the packaging looked really cool, but also felt really cheap and light. I usually use MAC's mascaras, which are packaged very differently.

I am a redhead and my lashes are virtually blond/inexistant without a good mascara. I applied the product and found that it dried very quickly. I only applied once and my lashes were clearly separated and appeared longer than usual. They didn't look really all that thick to me, but maybe they would after a second round.

Anyways, I might be using this every day from now on unless I know I need a really good waterproof protection, because except for that part, it has surpassed MAC's mascara for me (which tend to leave me with clumpy unnatural lashes).

About buying again, I usually try to NOT encourage companies that test on animals, and it upsets me to find out Rimmel does. For some reason when I bought the product, I thought I had read that they didn't. For that reason, I probably won't buy it again, but that is my own decision.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2010 2:00:00 AM More reviews by BellaGlam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I loved the Sexy Curves mascara from Rimmel and lets be honest the hot pink packaging sucked me in!

Overall I do kind of love it. It really provides length but most all all great volume for my sparse lashes. It doesn't clump or flake and it isn't too too heavy so I feel like it holds a curl well.

My only con is the formula is very wet compared to my HG mascara CG Lash Blast so it can get a little spidery if your not careful with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2010 1:24:00 AM More reviews by Kathe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product may have replaced L'Oreal's Voluminous as my HG mascara. The formula is thick and luxurious, does not clump, and is relatively smudgeproof. The brush is perfect as far as application goes. Not only that, the brush also feels feels beautifully soft and comfortable during application.. I am 52, and this is probably the best mascara I've ever used. This formula separates my sparse lashes and makes them look very thick, long, and feathery. What more could I ask for?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2010 2:26:00 PM More reviews by anabolina

Maybe this is a love it or leave it sort of mascara. I've only had it a few days and will update my review if my appreciation for it changes, but I like it. It's not perfection, but it's better than a lot of other mascara's I've tried.

Pros:
Volumizes
Black 001 is a good depth of black
No flaking or smudging (very good for me since that' my main complaint with most mascaras)
Dries quick

Cons:
Can be a bit clumpy if you aren't careful

I got this since the brush picture made it look really similar to the Full and Soft Brush and they do seem similar to me, but the formulas are definitely different for the 2. The Rimmel is thicker and it should be since its a volumizing mascara. Now I should mention that what I look for in a mascara may be different from you. My lashes are blonde and sparse so I'm pretty happy with any mascara that's dark and makes it look like I have lashes(which is most) so long as its not too clumpy and doesn't flake and that's what defines a good mascara for me. This had a little clumping, but nothing a brush through didn't take care of and it doesn't flake and that's awesome too. I don't know if I will re-purchase since it still couldn't beat Lash Blast, but I'll defintiely finish the tube.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2010 4:37:00 PM More reviews by natalielouiseee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Horrible. Just horrible.

I bought this and I really wanted to love it, but the product was really watery, clumped, came off easily, added no length and left me with about four eyelashes. And then a week or two later I went to try it again to see if it had thickened, but it was drying out!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2010 4:07:00 PM More reviews by ericaurr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This mascara works so great on me. It curls, it lengthens, and gives me the greatest volume. I love the big wand that comes with it. It's pretty much you either love it or hate it. The thing that fascinates me with this formula is it doesn't flake, fade, or run the rest of the day. If I were to check back 8 hours from now, my lashes would look the same, no joke.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2010 4:02:00 PM More reviews by YellowroseofTexas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't write many reviews on mascara since they are kindof like perfume (YMMV). BUT, I really like this product. Let me start by saying I have short silky lashed that take FOREVER to build lenght and volume. I bought this on a whim (did not read MUA reviews) since it's fairly cheap.

I was pleasantly surprised. Medium brush size and the product stay on my lashes. It does not give me the fake look I would love to achieve but you can see my lashes. No flaking and at day's end I still have mascara on my silky lashes. continued >>