December 21, 2014 | 1803 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mint Candy Apple

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2012 1:33:00 PM More reviews by MascaraLoverXoxo

I love love love this colour!! It's the first essie nail poilsh I've bought and it's amazing! It's great on its own or with nail art (I added a picture of my nail art I did) I really like the packaging and the consistency of the polish. Definitely buying more from essieee:D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2012 10:19:00 AM More reviews by GriffithsGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LUUUURVE this polish. It's a lovely shade, similar to Tiffany blue but slightly leaning more towards mint green. I get compliments when I wear it on my toes. I'm really not one for colourful polishes and prefer to stick to classic reds or nudes, but I make an exception for this subtle yet pretty colour. Two coats plus top coat stays on for days without chipping, and I keep reapplying. Adore it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by smanha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The only good thing about this polish is the color. It's so different, and no one else makes it. A light Tiffany blue. Gorgeous.
HOWEVER. Bad things about this polish:
- the formula is streaky and weird
- it chips super easily

I wish OPI had a dupe. The color. Ugh, so pretty.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by SignMeUp

This nailpolish is not opaque at all! I had to apply three coats. My nails have no ridges, they are completely smooth. I love the color, but hate how it applies. This requires to much work for the result.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by apple98rs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this polish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this just one of those polishes i find myself reaching for the most. i first tried this at the salon and fell in love! i just had to track it down and buy it. it isn't really a green color at least to me after it dries its more of a greenish blue but more on the blue side. maybe that's why i like this color so much because such pretty mesh of my two favorite colors. the formula is the standard essie formulas light weight and smooth. i really recommend this polish. i wanna order a couple more of these to stock up in case they ever discontinue this so obviously i will repurchase

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2012 10:56:00 AM More reviews by lovinvanilla

The name of this polish is really misleading. On me it was a full on baby blue pastel, without any hint of mint whatsoever. Maybe it is my skin tone, but it was not at all what I was looking for. The formula was rather thin, so 2 or 3 coats are a must. Since I always do 2 coats no matter what this wouldn't have been a problem, but the blueness of the shade definitely was. Will have to keep looking for that perfect cream mint.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2012 10:11:00 AM More reviews by raggie92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This color is really irritating me sometimes when I'm trying to take photos! It turns out super blue in photos but it's a very pretty pastel mint green to wear. It's a super appropriate nail shade to wear during the Spring seasons because it's such a beautiful pastel shade.

However, I can't soak my nails with this or it will bubble up. And it takes about 2 coats to get it quite opaque which I think it is fine. I think it looks great with tanned skin as well because it just makes your nails pop!

Definitely will repurchase because it is so good!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2012 12:37:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

The color of the season, mint. Aren't pastels always in style for spring? Only now pastels are taking over everything, from jeans to nails. Mint Candy Apple was really popular a few years back, and if this applies oddly then you might have ridges in your nails. Pastel opaque shades tend to do that and start streaking. Using a basecoat will help. I swear, just use a basecoat. Most of them dry within a minute. It will also make your manicure last longer. I use a basecoat, two coats of polish, and Seche Vite or some other high shine topcoat. One tip I have with this shade is to make sure you've pushed back your cuticles or it looks messy.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2012 4:12:00 PM More reviews by iheartevil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I recently discovered Essie polishes and fell in love with them. Mint Candy Apple went to the top of my must have list the moment I saw it. I wasn't disappointed at all. I'm not sure if its just my bottle, but the formula was a little bit thick, so you have to be careful putting it on. But its nice and opaque after two coats. The color reminds me of sea foam green.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2012 11:41:00 AM More reviews by dawneaoi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I saw this shade when I was searching for green polishes online. It was hard to find here in Japan, but I know a website where you can order essie and other nail polishes for quite cheap, so I got it in a large batch order.

I love this shade! It's kind of between a mint green and a sea foam green. It has a thin formula, so it takes me three coats to get full coverage, but it dries pretty fast, so it's not a big deal.

Perfect shade for spring 2012 since we're seeing a lot of pastels and sherbet colours now!