July 26, 2014 | 1529 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mint Candy Apple

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2012 12:37:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

The color of the season, mint. Aren't pastels always in style for spring? Only now pastels are taking over everything, from jeans to nails. Mint Candy Apple was really popular a few years back, and if this applies oddly then you might have ridges in your nails. Pastel opaque shades tend to do that and start streaking. Using a basecoat will help. I swear, just use a basecoat. Most of them dry within a minute. It will also make your manicure last longer. I use a basecoat, two coats of polish, and Seche Vite or some other high shine topcoat. One tip I have with this shade is to make sure you've pushed back your cuticles or it looks messy.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2012 4:12:00 PM More reviews by iheartevil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I recently discovered Essie polishes and fell in love with them. Mint Candy Apple went to the top of my must have list the moment I saw it. I wasn't disappointed at all. I'm not sure if its just my bottle, but the formula was a little bit thick, so you have to be careful putting it on. But its nice and opaque after two coats. The color reminds me of sea foam green.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2012 11:41:00 AM More reviews by dawneaoi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I saw this shade when I was searching for green polishes online. It was hard to find here in Japan, but I know a website where you can order essie and other nail polishes for quite cheap, so I got it in a large batch order.

I love this shade! It's kind of between a mint green and a sea foam green. It has a thin formula, so it takes me three coats to get full coverage, but it dries pretty fast, so it's not a big deal.

Perfect shade for spring 2012 since we're seeing a lot of pastels and sherbet colours now!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 3:07:00 AM More reviews by MissCarmella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Really pretty and retro looking shade of pastel seafoam green. I do not get its name mint candy apple but maybe I am just missing something. It doesn't look like a mint to me and candy apples make me think of a caramel dipped apple, not this shade of green. Weird choice Essie. I do love it though and will repurchase it when I finish my bottle. It's gorgeous and opaque, wears well and dries fast.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2011 12:28:00 PM More reviews by angel2011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this as a Christmas present last year actually and was genuinly suprised. I read about this polish on a "Relax" page of Glamour. When I first put it on it came out a really soft blue then dried and was a astonishing electric light blue, loved it because it's still such a calming color. Look a little weird in my opinion though if you have really long nails. Will repurchase in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2011 9:13:00 PM More reviews by isamadoramable

Yes, the color is more blue than minty, but I still love this nonetheless. After staring at this polish online for months, I finally went out and got it. Not gonna lie, I was a bit disappointed. It could have been a liiiitle bit more green. My first time wearing it, I wondered, WHY WAS IT SO BLUE? After a while my judgement became unreliable, because I was so used to it, and didn't know what color it even was anymore. So the next day I asked everyone, "What color do you think it is?" And most people either said blue-green, or green. So I guess it's just me that sort of freaked out. But still, I just wish it was a true mint.

The formula is very similar to other Essie polishes that I've tried--creamy, and almost jelly-like. It's the kind of opacity that you MIGHT get away with in one coat, but 2 is perfect, to cover over any balding. I always take off my polish every Sunday, and by the time the next Sunday comes, there is no chipping, but of course some wear to the tips.
Though the color was not what I had hoped for, I still love it, and I'm definitely getting a backup.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2011 8:37:00 PM More reviews by sellabella

LOVE it. My fave colour - and Essie brushes are so rigid and precise!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2011 10:26:00 PM More reviews by pinkxbubbles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pastel sea foam green. It's thick and is very opaque. I love it and will repurchase. It looks so good against my skin tone especially when I'm really tan in the summer. It always gets me a million compliments.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by CrystalNicole017

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was disappointed in this shade. It's extremely streaky and the way the color looks in the bottle is very deceiving as well as the name. I was expecting more of a mint chocolate chip ice cream color on my nails. This color changes in different lighting. In darking lighting it looks more of the mint green shade and in brighter lighting/ outdoors it looks aqua and more like a robbin egg blue shade. I had lots of compliments on it. Whenever I asked people what color they thought it was I recieved both answers light blue and mint green more people said light blue though. I like to match my nails to my outfits so I'm not a huge fan of this shade although it is pretty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2011 10:56:00 PM More reviews by RachaelSpiffy

I really love this color. I always look at my nails when I wear this color. It is just so eye catching. It's a light mint/blue. Almost like a brighter version of seafoam. Two coats and you are opaque. The formula is great on this essie polish.