Essie Mint Candy Apple

4.2

on 1/19/2013 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Absolutely beautiful color and easy application. I used only one thick coat and was satisfied with a gorgeous shiny, cream finish! The color reminds me of a wintergreen tic tac. Works as a beautiful accent nail for the Butler Please color.

on 1/5/2013 7:12:00 PM

This product has a wonderful color. A cooler mint laquer. It's brighter, and leans towards more blue than green. The polish itself has a kind of watery texture compared to my other polishes. It's highly pigmented, and you can get the same "in-bottle" color payoff. I think Essie polishes are expensive for being a drug store brand, but they are a little better than some polishes that you could get at Target or Walmart. It does chip easily if you don't use a top coat over it. Overall, i'd buy it again.

Beautiful and trendy shade! I had a bit of trouble with application at first but after a practise it is all fine. Long lasting.

on 9/28/2012 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I am a long time Essie fan, and I just recently purchased this polish. I usually aim for colours that are more understated, such as nudes or pinks, but this colour stands out without being too outrageous. The formula was good for a pastel colour - opaque on the second coat with good coverage. The one thing about this colour is that it looks almost completely different in different types of lighting - but pretty and unique nonetheless. I still can't believe Essie released this in a Winter collection when it is so bright!

I love love love this colour!! It's the first essie nail poilsh I've bought and it's amazing! It's great on its own or with nail art (I added a picture of my nail art I did) I really like the packaging and the consistency of the polish. Definitely buying more from essieee:D

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

LUUUURVE this polish. It's a lovely shade, similar to Tiffany blue but slightly leaning more towards mint green. I get compliments when I wear it on my toes. I'm really not one for colourful polishes and prefer to stick to classic reds or nudes, but I make an exception for this subtle yet pretty colour. Two coats plus top coat stays on for days without chipping, and I keep reapplying. Adore it.

on 7/10/2012 4:24:00 PM

The only good thing about this polish is the color. It's so different, and no one else makes it. A light Tiffany blue. Gorgeous.
HOWEVER. Bad things about this polish:
- the formula is streaky and weird
- it chips super easily

I wish OPI had a dupe. The color. Ugh, so pretty.

on 7/5/2012 2:57:00 PM

This nailpolish is not opaque at all! I had to apply three coats. My nails have no ridges, they are completely smooth. I love the color, but hate how it applies. This requires to much work for the result.

on 6/24/2012 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this polish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this just one of those polishes i find myself reaching for the most. i first tried this at the salon and fell in love! i just had to track it down and buy it. it isn't really a green color at least to me after it dries its more of a greenish blue but more on the blue side. maybe that's why i like this color so much because such pretty mesh of my two favorite colors. the formula is the standard essie formulas light weight and smooth. i really recommend this polish. i wanna order a couple more of these to stock up in case they ever discontinue this so obviously i will repurchase

on 4/4/2012 10:56:00 AM

The name of this polish is really misleading. On me it was a full on baby blue pastel, without any hint of mint whatsoever. Maybe it is my skin tone, but it was not at all what I was looking for. The formula was rather thin, so 2 or 3 coats are a must. Since I always do 2 coats no matter what this wouldn't have been a problem, but the blueness of the shade definitely was. Will have to keep looking for that perfect cream mint.

Top Rated Essie Products