September 23, 2014 | 1701 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Outlast All-Day Lipcolor (All)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2009 4:31:00 PM More reviews by MARTY2000

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

PRO: Really lasts all day, needing only touchups of gloss; I never worry about how my lipstick looks after hours of wear. CON: Drying; color on package never matches actual lipstick color, so I always buy several colors at Rite Aid, as they have a 'satisfaction guaranteed' return policy. Finally found a pink that I like, as I am blonde with a blue undertone on lips: Pink Delight, #540. Very nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2009 11:20:00 AM More reviews by SusanMary

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have tried a number of lipstains and I find them drying and when they wear off they leave a ring around my lips. This is by far the best since it does neither. My favorite shade is 420 (I am not kidding)...I can't read the name it is too small. It is a very natural pinky-mauve color that is great alone, under gloss or even another lipstick to increase its lasting. I have trouble finding these but when I did, I scooped up another 420.

The only problem I encountered is that you cannot tell the color by the tube. On me, they go on a bit darker than I would have thought, but I have no pigment in my lips.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2009 6:56:00 AM More reviews by jesus7

I love, love this product, its like the only lip coler i will ever use again, it last's and last's on me, iv'e been using it since it first came out revelutionary for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2009 4:18:00 PM More reviews by nailippomaniac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't like this much. Wild berry wink is deep red unlike the color of the tube. I bought this in a combo with fruit spritzers lip gloss and got it for $4.5. I use it as a liner because of its deep red color and it does last fine. But it is more like a sketch pen and even if your lipstick is gone you will have an outline 'stain' on ur lips. Don't buy this. It is waste.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2009 4:31:00 PM More reviews by HuntersMommy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this in Coral Silk, and the color seemed to be so pretty, a light, peachy pink, a little frosty with gold glitter. I put it on and at first it looked really pretty, but then once it dried, the color just seemed to be blah and boring. Really just looked liked concealer with some sparkle gloss mixed in. Not to mention when it dried it sucked my lips in and made them look pruney. Honestly my lips aged by like 50 years and it showed lines that I'm pretty sure don't exist. I like the top coat though, it taste pretty good actually, ha. I'll probably keep on using that.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2009 8:23:00 PM More reviews by Scooper7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It really does last. But it is so drying for my lips. After several days my lips were cracked and uncomfortable. Plus I do not like the gunky texture or look of it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2009 11:32:00 PM More reviews by spindazzle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product really lasts better than any lipcolor I've ever used. I've been using it in Berry Preserves for years now.. a beautiful shade for me and lasts "almost" all day (about six hours for me). Some of the more metallic/frost-like shades can be hideous though.. cakey and drying, so beware.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2009 5:19:00 PM More reviews by tasha56

I used my friends outlast lip color before we went out to a club and I was impressed. She swears by it and has bought it in many colors. It really does last! It did dry out my lips I quickly learned this could be prevented with the lip balm. I don't think I would use it on a daily basis because my lips are always dry and I don't need to make it any worse. But for a night on the town or an event where you want a good color that will last for hours; this product is for you. A trick to take it off is to use Vaseline (as my friend pointed out)....

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2009 2:09:00 PM More reviews by sjcita

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this long lasting lipstick after asking a co-worker what she wears on her lips (which always look perfect). She told me it was CoverGirl outlast. So I bought the orginal Outlast in Plum color. I used it as directed, and VOILA! it lasted all day. It's true that you must be very very careful when you apply this stuff. Your lips must be dry and clean and free of any rough or chapped areas. This is VERY important, or the lip color will not go on smoothly. Also... you must only put on a moderate amount, do not layer and layer it. Then, after about 1 minute or more, then you can use the clear top coat gloss (or any other clear gloss you have). I also bought the newer Outlast version called Smoothwear, in a Coffee color. It's not as long-lasting, but the color is better for my skintone and eye color. Also.. this product makes me look like I actually have LIPS since my lips are on the thin side. All in all, I think this is a great product when used correctly, and I will probably buy it again when I use it up. : )

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2009 11:14:00 PM More reviews by MonFleur

Wow, I hate this product.
It went on strong-smelling. I followed the directions to let the stuff dry before putting on the "top-coat" (which is like worse on top of bad), and it looked good for MAYBE an hour. After that, it did just about everything I don't want a lipcolor to do: faded in spots, gathered in cracks, dried my lips EXCEEDINGLY, starting flaking, etc. The only good news is that it did not cause me to break out, and I was at home, so makeup remover and time were on my side in getting the stuff OFF.

I was so put off that I didn't even keep the "top coat" long enough to try on its own merits as a lip balm.

This stuff would be good for playing pranks on sleeping people....otherwise, stay far, far away!