July 29, 2014 | 2075 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Outlast

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2009 4:31:00 PM More reviews by HuntersMommy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this in Coral Silk, and the color seemed to be so pretty, a light, peachy pink, a little frosty with gold glitter. I put it on and at first it looked really pretty, but then once it dried, the color just seemed to be blah and boring. Really just looked liked concealer with some sparkle gloss mixed in. Not to mention when it dried it sucked my lips in and made them look pruney. Honestly my lips aged by like 50 years and it showed lines that I'm pretty sure don't exist. I like the top coat though, it taste pretty good actually, ha. I'll probably keep on using that.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2009 8:23:00 PM More reviews by Scooper7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It really does last. But it is so drying for my lips. After several days my lips were cracked and uncomfortable. Plus I do not like the gunky texture or look of it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2009 11:32:00 PM More reviews by spindazzle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product really lasts better than any lipcolor I've ever used. I've been using it in Berry Preserves for years now.. a beautiful shade for me and lasts "almost" all day (about six hours for me). Some of the more metallic/frost-like shades can be hideous though.. cakey and drying, so beware.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2009 5:19:00 PM More reviews by tasha56

I used my friends outlast lip color before we went out to a club and I was impressed. She swears by it and has bought it in many colors. It really does last! It did dry out my lips I quickly learned this could be prevented with the lip balm. I don't think I would use it on a daily basis because my lips are always dry and I don't need to make it any worse. But for a night on the town or an event where you want a good color that will last for hours; this product is for you. A trick to take it off is to use Vaseline (as my friend pointed out)....

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2009 2:09:00 PM More reviews by sjcita

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this long lasting lipstick after asking a co-worker what she wears on her lips (which always look perfect). She told me it was CoverGirl outlast. So I bought the orginal Outlast in Plum color. I used it as directed, and VOILA! it lasted all day. It's true that you must be very very careful when you apply this stuff. Your lips must be dry and clean and free of any rough or chapped areas. This is VERY important, or the lip color will not go on smoothly. Also... you must only put on a moderate amount, do not layer and layer it. Then, after about 1 minute or more, then you can use the clear top coat gloss (or any other clear gloss you have). I also bought the newer Outlast version called Smoothwear, in a Coffee color. It's not as long-lasting, but the color is better for my skintone and eye color. Also.. this product makes me look like I actually have LIPS since my lips are on the thin side. All in all, I think this is a great product when used correctly, and I will probably buy it again when I use it up. : )

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2009 11:14:00 PM More reviews by MonFleur

Wow, I hate this product.
It went on strong-smelling. I followed the directions to let the stuff dry before putting on the "top-coat" (which is like worse on top of bad), and it looked good for MAYBE an hour. After that, it did just about everything I don't want a lipcolor to do: faded in spots, gathered in cracks, dried my lips EXCEEDINGLY, starting flaking, etc. The only good news is that it did not cause me to break out, and I was at home, so makeup remover and time were on my side in getting the stuff OFF.

I was so put off that I didn't even keep the "top coat" long enough to try on its own merits as a lip balm.

This stuff would be good for playing pranks on sleeping people....otherwise, stay far, far away!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2009 8:39:00 PM More reviews by strawberrygrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

it does stay on for a while but no the whole 8 hrs as it says...but be cautious b/c the color i bought was no the same when i put it on my lips and dried vs. the color on the package

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2009 6:02:00 PM More reviews by TinkPink808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hated this product. Did not work on me at all. It was sticky and really thick. The balm did not work a worth of crap.If anything it just made my lips dry after an hour or 2. Sorry, I had a bad experience with this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2008 12:39:00 PM More reviews by cwinter

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Bought this because I wanted to try a longlasting lipstick/gloss. A little disappointed the color didn't apply smoothly and the gloss part seemed to just sit on my lips then disappeared. so my lips looked dry until I removed the lipstick part. It stayed, but looked to Matte.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2008 12:56:00 PM More reviews by sirenchick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't like the fact that you have two products to haul around with you, but this does stay on your lips for hours and hours. I love not having to constantly reapply my lip color. I have also found another great use for the lip stain, I put a neutral color on my eyelid and then apply eyeliner over the lip stain (I know it sounds pretty hardcore) but it causes my eyeliner and eyeshadow to last the entire day without creasing one tiny bit. Usually I have to use a primer on my eyelid, but this works way better, while giving my eyelid a nice hint of color. I'll repurchase more colors to play around with since they tend to look different on your lips than they do in the tube. But I love this product!