April 19, 2014 | 1514 users online

Blush - Hard Candy - Living Doll

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2011 3:12:00 PM More reviews by amyers2

What it is - a candy / watermelon pink blush.
- - -
Pros - great color pay off. very affordable. this shade is perfect for the spring / summer. simple no nonsense packaging that is easy enough to throw in a purse or make up bag.
- - -
Cons - medium wear time. I wouldn't say this is an all day blush, so after a few hours a touch up would be needed. Apply with a light hand because it is easy to go overboard.
- - -
Side note - This is not a neutral blush. This will give cheeks a pop of color. With this in mind other make up on the face should probably be kept to a minimum to keep from looking like you're too obviously wearing make up (i.e. I wouldn't do any intense smokey eye with a blush this bright). It looks some what glittery in the pan but once applied it gives cheeks a glow instead. I wouldn't say this is a dupe for benefit's bella bamba but it is a nice, more affordable, alternative for a bright pink blush. I got mine in a set with primer, lipgloss, and a face luminzer for 8.00. The shade definitely reminds me of the color you would find on a doll and makes fair skin look more porcelain. Will definitely re-purchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2011 1:36:00 AM More reviews by soccerchick3339

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this for a nice bright pink powder blush. The packaging is pretty cheap but that's probably why it only cost $7! Lots of people are saying it's hard to get it out but I find that sweeping my brush around the mound and then applying without tapping is great way to get lots of color. Plus it's very buildable. Definitely worth checking out if you are in the market for a candy pink blush and don't want to spend too much money!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2011 1:47:00 AM More reviews by Tammee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very very bright blush! It looks great on light to medium skin for a dolly type of look. It's very brightening because the appearance of the blush is almost metallic. It's very frosty, so if you don't like that type of finish this blush should definitely be avoided. I love this colour, it's very fun and lively.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2011 12:57:00 PM More reviews by hancam1030

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this blush! It isn't as pigmented as it looks, but it is still a pretty sheer pink blush with a bit of shimmer. It lasts all day and isn't powdery at all. I love Hard Candy's blushes.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2011 2:15:00 AM More reviews by hebenn01

You need to break this up with a stiffer brush to really see the pigment....then you can use an angled brush after. Pretty pretty girlie pinks. Enjoy this cheap find! It last's a long time and is very inexpensive!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by just_a_small_town_girl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My favorite shade of blush! Very beautiful swirls of pinks. Will be perfect for summer!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2011 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Ambam032

Very pretty pink blush. I love the swirl of different shades of pink. Gives me a nice flush. Good quanity for the money. I was a little irritated when the hinge for the cover broke.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2011 9:46:00 PM More reviews by nattyngeorge

Living Doll is a light/mid-tone cotton candy pink with yellow veining. Although the color is quite cool, it doesn't seem to look ashy on my warm skintone. The blush itself is very soft, and has the consistency of an average baked blush. In comparison to MAC Mineralized Skinfinishes, I would say they are quite similar, but MAC is a little more dense, whereas Hard Candy is a bit more sheer and powdery. Because the texture is so soft, the color blends effortlessly on the cheeks. That's the main reason I love baked blushes, powder and eye shadows & gravitate towards them when I'm shopping for makeup. This blush is sheer with a light coat, and can built very easily. I wasn't at all disappointed with the color payoff. The finish is quite frosty, but I personally don't mind frost on the cheeks as long as it's not too frosty, where it will give my cheeks a silvery/gray cast. It's ultimately up to you preference wise. I know there are people who hate MAC Mineralized Skinfinishes because they are frosty, but I love them and wished I owned every one of them.. haha! The only downside is that it's not very long wearing and seems to fade significantly after 4 hours of wear. Therefore, I like applying it over a different blush to add a nice pink sheen. Here's the color swatched heavily on my hand: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-qt797FwbpzE/TaYSuNwr4EI/AAAAAAAABXU/NcloFPSJ5Zg/s1600/swatchld.jpg

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2011 5:48:00 PM More reviews by christinarose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I feel this blush would be really nice on someone with a very pale or porcelain complexion. It looks sooo beautiful in the packaging, however when applied it is extremely sheer and it takes A LOT of layering for it to show up on myself. I would not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2011 4:33:00 PM More reviews by seedchan

I love the packaging, love the colour, and love how much you get for the price.
...but it's so ridiculously sheer. It takes a good amount of work to get it to show up. Depends on what kind of blush you like, I guess. I prefer more pigmented ones though.