October 21, 2014 | 1197 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hard Candy - Sheer Envy Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2012 1:18:00 AM More reviews by rengreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love the packaging. love the design. it's very hygienic. you get a ton of product for about $6 at walmart. that being said, i have suuuuper dry skin, and it sticks to my dry patches. i use it for chub rub in the spring and summer, and to lubricate places my cute sandals rub uncomfortably.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2012 1:08:00 AM More reviews by Sunkissed101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Sure it primes and makes makeup last longer, but I don't reach for it often because I have many other primers that I enjoy better. This one, however, does create a nice barrier between your skin and your makeup, so I would recommend this.
P.S: A little goes a long way!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2012 12:36:00 AM More reviews by antynette

Hard candy was recently released here at the Wal-Mart close to me and after hearing so much about it on youtube and MUA I decided to pick up one of the sampler kits that included a blush, lipgloss, this primer and a highlighter. Honestly, I love it so much. My favourite foundation is the Revlon Colorstay and I didn't realize how thick the foundation really was until I put this underneath and couldn't feel a thing. Even touching my face I remember feeling thick and dewy, and now it's like I have nothing on. It takes away all cakeyness (which was pretty minimal before, but now it's just perfection) Even the price is just AMAZING...I haven't seen if this has broken me out yet, I hope it won't because I love this primer and will definitely repurchase.

Update:
After my original love for it I had repurchased it and used up about 2 bottles so far. After I started looking into other foundations I realized in general that this primer did nothing magical to keep my foundations on BUT the revlon colorstay. It seemed to help take away cakeyness like in my origina review and made it feel more lightweight, but with other foundations, bb creams etc. it was really just a routine of putting this on my face that made me use it so much. I stopped wearing primers period after I ran out of it and no noticeable difference. I think that a primer just for the purpose of my colorstay is quite absurd and I'll be trying something else that doesn't just help that but my other face products stay on longer as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2012 11:26:00 PM More reviews by nichdizzlee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not sure if this product broke me out or not.I've only used this twice and I have broke out each times. Right now I'm using this only for my under eyes and that is it. This is supposedly a dupe for the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer and I have yet to try that one. I broke out on my lower cheeks and now I have two dark spots. I am currently looking for a cheap primer cause I ran out of my BE Prime Time. This works great underneath my eyes, I have combination skin and I didn't feel greasy with this. Not recommended for acne prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2012 10:52:00 PM More reviews by ohcaitlin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

YES YES YES. I love this, I love it so much. The ultra-light formula is my fav (in the white tube)

There's a HC primer in a purple tube that is SUPER greasy though and I would not recc that.

I just love this. Super cheap (CDN$8ish at Walmart) and long lasting. Doesn't make me feel greasynasty at the end of the day and is super mattifying!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2012 9:57:00 PM More reviews by MzIssa

Best drugstore primer by far. In a tube so no mess hands scooping out product...although I have to shake it up and don't see much difference in lasting power my foundation does go on smoother

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2012 4:42:00 PM More reviews by missfrancescarose

This is by far my favorite skin primer! I have combination skin and this works wonders for me! It makes my foundation last all day long :)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by edendani17

Didn't like this that much. I have oily skin and this is about the worst primer for oily skin. The texture is weird-- it's like petroleum jelly, almost. It had a lot of grease. And I didn't really see a difference whether or not I put it on under makeup. Thank God it was cheap-- wouldn't buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2012 9:25:00 AM More reviews by lehartley1203

Not recommended if you have oily/combination skin. It causes my skin to break out.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2012 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Jacqu1em

Not much to complain about with this product, has never broken my sensitive skin out and seems to do a decent job of filling in the fine lines on my forehead and underneath my eyes, as well as the pores around my nose area. Only took one lippie off as I wish it had more oil-absorbing properties for the Summer. Other than that will probably repurchase unless something else strikes my fancy! x