November 27, 2014 | 1491 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Volume Flash The Max - Extreme Black 003

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2010 11:42:00 PM More reviews by TheRedDeluge

I decided to give this a try after finishing numerous L'Oreal Voluminous mascaras. This is actually a really good mascara and is comparable to Voluminous. Though I think the brush from Voluminous is a bit better. It gives great volume and separates and is a good shade of black. It does not smudge onto my skin under my lower lashes which is great. I hate when mascara does that. No one wants racoon eyes midday. The pink bottle is really cute too as others have said.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2010 10:16:00 AM More reviews by Tartlette

This mascara is a decent one - I found it was kind of similar to my beloved L'Oreal Voluminous - added volume to my lashes but didn't apply as nicely as Voluminous, my lashes were separated in some spots, kind of clumpy in others. It's "ok", kid of hit or miss when I used it. The brush is a pretty big one, and the packaging is super cute (love the pink), but I would probably not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2010 11:25:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a decent mascara with a nice, large brush. Applies fairly easily, makes lashes look long and lush. No complaints from me, really, though I can see others have a lot of problems with it (maybe they changed the formula?).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2010 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Novah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG! HG! Where has this been all my life?!
I've been on the hunt for my HG mascara - my lashes are short and sparse...and my eyes are so dark brown that often, no mascara is black enough (and my lashes are not thick enough) to enhance my deep brown eyes.
Other mascaras I have used include Loreal carbon black, Sephora brand, among others.... and this was amazing. The formula is very black and wet, and that is good for me because it doesn't dry out. It does NOT smudge and I have oily combo skin. It plumps my lashes and lengthens them although the curl could hold better - nothing a curler couldn't fix.

The best part? Its buildable properties are endless. If you apply it 3x, you get 3x the intensity. If you apply it 10x, you get 10x the intensity.

This is as close as I can get to having falsies so far.

Plus, the new formula boasts that it contains keratin protein and collagen to condition lashes while you wear it.

Unlike most, I felt the pink packaging was too reminiscent of makeup packaging my mother wore in the early '90s (I am 23). But the product is awesome and the brush functions as it should.

Great drugstore price as well.

HG.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2010 4:25:00 AM More reviews by HotSouthernDiva

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Second to foundation, mascaras are the hard product for me to find one that I really love. This product is extremely black which I love. The wand is standard, nothing really different from any other brands. While I do get some volume, I really don't get the 14x volume that they advertise. I always use a lash primer because my lashes are sparse. I would purchase again, but I am still in search of the mascara that gives me that gives me everything in one .

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2010 10:15:00 PM More reviews by clarklovesyou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to like this, but couldn't. It volumized alright, but left my lashes stiff, sticky and oddly bent - not curled, not straight, but very uneven and sickly looking. It is also very difficult to remove.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2010 5:27:00 AM More reviews by guanacaxlatina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i love this mascara!! i have noo visible eyelashes and this makes them look sooooooooooo nice!! but somehow on my sister they look longer than mine :(.. its not waterproof soo lippie off for that.. but over all def a good product.. and doesnt make my eyelashes look spidery!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2010 3:27:00 PM More reviews by Jstar668

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was pretty much the worst mascara I've used. As soon as I twisted it open and examined the wand I knew I'd made a mistake. First of all, it's an absolute mess. As soon as I went to use it I noticed huge clumps of the mascara on the wand. I tried to get some off and back into the packaging but it was tricky. When I apply this, it yanks at my lashes and separates them in a way that i can only describe as goofy. It basically separates them down the middle and it doesn't make my long lashes stay in place. Also AS I actually apply it, it pulls at my lashes because its sticky and hard to work with. Overall, it looks like a mess no matter how careful your application is.
Kudos to the hot pink packaging but don't let a pretty package fool you.
Horrible.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2010 11:03:00 AM More reviews by thisiscaz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

What I Love About It:
•It separates your lashes and there are no clumps.
•It claims to give 14x volume – it definitely gives me a lot more volume than any other mascaras i’ve tried (maybe not 14x though!)
•It doesn’t smudge or run – a lot of drugstore mascaras do this but this one doesn’t.
•The price - £4.99 (on offer) and worth every penny.
•The packaging – I love the colour and the wand is really good too.
•The formulation – it is quite runny which is good as it builds up the volume and makes it easy to apply.

I would recommend this mascara to everyone and would definitely buy it again! It has everything a mascara needs to have without the high end price tag!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2010 7:28:00 PM More reviews by roarwoman

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The more I use this mascara the more impressed I am by it. The hot pink tube, large brush and what looks like clumpy formula freaked me out at first. After application I was amazed at how easy this product is to put on and what nice definition and length I get from one coat. The brush has longer bristles, crisscrossed with medium space between them and the formula does not clump up or smudge all over. I wish the black were a bit more intense but my lashes look great and I have recommended this product to friends, who like it just as much as I do.