October 23, 2014 | 915 users online

Loose Powders - NARS - Loose Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2009 11:25:00 PM More reviews by michybabe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

As much as I love NARS, their loose powders were a COMPLETE disappointment. The powder itself was wonderful (and smelt nice), but the packaging was disastrous. If you travel a lot, you'll find that the powder always drops out to the edges of the rubber container and gets all over the place. I often have to tape over the holes to prevent the powder from getting everywhere... It also takes forever to get a decent amount of powder out of the rubber "box".

The packaging design is extremely wasteful and inefficient... I recommend using an alternative such as Giorgio Armani or MAC.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2009 12:32:00 AM More reviews by nineteen66

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Overall I'd say, a very nice powder. The light color range is good as it's one of the few powders that caters to very very pale skin, pink, yellow, and olive undertones. However, the dark color range is really lacking. I got it in flesh and i think i might have been a lil more suited for eden. The SA at sephora didn't really know what was going on and initially tried to match me to beach, so know your skin/undertones if you're looking to buy this. It comes with another optional mesh sifter and is super fine milled, and very natural looking. I get the best oil absorbtion when i apply it with the powder puff it comes with!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2009 10:08:00 AM More reviews by achtungbaby80

I, too, bought this powder after reading all the glowing reviews on here. For years I used the Neutrogena loose powder but recently noticed how expensive it was getting so I started searching for something else that might be even better. This, I think, is definitely what I was looking for! Yes, it's "messy"--it's a loose powder, what did you expect? The packaging is similar to other loose powders, but it's a little more sophisticated-looking in my opinion...and plus, it came with two sifters so I can make the powder as fine as I like. The price didn't even scare me too badly because I was already paying close to $12 for the drugstore stuff, and you get way more in this package than I was getting before so it evens out to where it's not *really* even that much more expensive. I would recommend this if you're a fan of loose powders like me, and even for people who aren't (although if you haven't used loose powder before it might take a while to get used to and some people seem to find it frustrating). I'm guessing this will be the new staple in my makeup bag...

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2009 12:45:00 AM More reviews by Arizonah13

I LOVE this loose powder! Whether I use the massive powder puff that comes with it or a powder brush, it gives me an airbrushed appearance and definitely keeps my oily areas nice and matte for hours.

I haven't had any issues w/break-outs and I like how it adds just a smidge of extra coverage.

I'm not overly thrilled w/the packaging (but lets face it, most loose powders have crappy containers). For the price, you do get an enormous amount of product. With daily use (1-2x per day), I could see this easily lasting a year.

For reference, I'm 115 in MUFE HD; somewhere between NC & NW 15 in Mac SFF and Flesh is the perfect shade for me.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2009 3:30:00 AM More reviews by bebejan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first loose powder and I bought it based on the rave reviews on MUA. They don't sell this at the Sephora here in Canada, so I went to buy it at the Bay.
That said, I am a very oily girl, especially along the T-zone. My nose is basically always oil-slick. I usually get oily an hour after my make-up routine & application. I was hoping that this loose powder would help control (not completely prevent) my oilies but it really did not make all that much difference had I not worn it at all. I wasn't expecting a miracle, but I was hoping that it would at least help mattify my skin for at least an hour or two longer than usual before I would have to whip out the blot powder. I find that when I set my foundation with a pressed compact powder (I use BeneFit Get Even), my skin stays mattified for longer. That aside, it is a very finely-milled powder and does look very natural when I initially put it on. I will give it credit for that. So I can imagine that it would work great on girls that are less oily than I am, but as for me, I will continue searching for something that is more compatible with my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2009 11:15:00 PM More reviews by narita23

I have it in Eden and it's perfect for my NC25-30 skin. I really really love this powder. It feels like satin on my skin and gives the perfect finish: matte but nothing close to cakey. I don't use the applicator it comes with. My powder brush does a great job. It keeps my T-zone shine free all day long. My normal skin didn't break out or react badly in any way. Good performance and good amount for your money. Would recommend to anyone to try!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2009 4:01:00 AM More reviews by yolp1945

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I rate this as "dirt cheap" because it really is. For $34, you get 45 grams of powder - I think that's way more than Laura Mercier or Shu Uemura. I bought mine in July 2007 (I know because I label all my makeup with the date I started using them - I have this thing about expiration dates). JULY 2007! And I use it almost every day (at least 300 days a year)...I just took a peak today and I think I have enough powder to last me at least a month more.

It's also of great quality. I'm have combination skin, and from time to time I'll get a pimple on my cheek. But this thing doesn't cause my skin to break out or inflame it. On the other hand, I pat this over my cheeks and it gives a slightly airbrushed look to my face. I don't use any foundation though. I use a suncreen, and I'll dab concealer when&where I need to, and this apply this on top with a puff. It keeps shine at bay for a 4-5 hours, and then I'll touch up with pressed powder.

The puff that comes with it is horrible though. You can't store it in the case, and it's very rough in texture. I use Muji's face puff - it's so soft and it fits in the case.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2009 5:44:00 PM More reviews by nettimacs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

just purcsased a couple weeks back and i am in a real real serious love!!!! feels and looks amazing, lasts for ages and the quality is just a must have for everyone!!!! and you got 45g for your money it is a bargain.... def repurchase..if it ever runs out:) i cannot and don't want to carry the big box everywhere but i got a really great refillable brush for this purpose so daytime touch ups will make no problems:DDD the colour is just flattering, as i have cool pink undertones and it's pretty hard to find a good product without the orangey or yellowy... so it is just perfect:)) highly recommended!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2009 12:19:00 PM More reviews by themadhattress

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in Eden and it's one of those things I cannot live without!! A light layer of the loose powder over my makeup is all it takes to keep me matte the WHOLE day. It blends in so well and looks very natural. I bought it a very long time ago and it doesn't look like it's going to finish anytime soon, so it's also great value for money! I absolutely love this!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2009 2:21:00 PM More reviews by ccbloom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just bought this in flesh! I thought I'd like to go for snow, but it was much too pale and white for my skin. The texture is really nice and it doesn't irritate my dry sensitive skin..so far!