Maybelline SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

3.5

Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone, C30 45 Alkyl Dimethylsilyl Propylsilsequioxane, Glycerin, Silica, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin 3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon 12, Phenoxyethanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Paraffin, May Contain ( /-): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides)

on 2/9/2013 5:24:00 AM

I love this foundation and have hoarded a few of them when a good sale comes around.
This gives me excellent pigmentation coverage. I will say when compared to other foundations that claim to be medium coverage, this one is medium to full coverage. It is buildable on my skin and if i dab on enough i dont need to use concealer over darker spots.
It doesn't cake on my skin and even though it seems like a very matte foundation, my skin doesn't go dull or dry looking from this. I have dry skin and this works really well for me. It dries down really well. One of the best foundations i've tried.

on 2/7/2013 8:07:00 PM

I don't use foundations too much (I've only used Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse, Max Factor's Colour Adapt and this), so I'm not surprised that I liked all of them, mostly because my skin is already almost flawless (never had skin problems). My skin is quite dry, though, so I go for the oilier foundations. If you have oily skin, do not use it, nor any others that I named.

This foundation has great coverage, it lasts quite long and of course looks nice. I also like that it has sun protection, which is always good. I would've rated it 5/5 if it was slightly oilier, but otherwise it's really good for dry/ normal skin.

on 2/7/2013 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

After reading a lot of positive reviews, I decided to give this makeup a try. Luckily, I bought it at Ulta and can take it back. Not only did it break me out, it made my already super oily skin even oilier. It accentuated my wrinkles pooled into a blotchy mess on my skin in less than 3 hours. I ended up wiping most of it off with a paper towel in my office restroom less than 2 hours after getting to work. It was awful and is getting returned ASAP! Definitely NOT for those with oily skin!

on 2/7/2013 10:46:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I keep coming back to this foundation and every time I buy it after using something else, I can't remember why I ever switched. (I use sand beige which is perfect for me.) The formula goes on very smooth and gives me a flawless finish. I have lots of redness around my nose and this foundation covers the redness so I don't even need concealer. Completely evens my skintone and looks like natural skin, not makeup. Keeps my blush on all day and I don't even have to wear powder with it. Highly recommended. I have used foundations 4-5x the price of this and I would put this right up there with the best of the best.

Well when I first tried this product I fell in love with it, as it made my nose matte instantly, and I thought this was great because I didn't think I needed to apply a powder as well to mattify my skin. All of this was of course was before I wore it to school.
Later on some bumholey people were laughing at me saying I had a moustache, so I checked and the foundation had slipped or sweat off just below my nose, around the corners of my nose, and all over my nose!!! I was so annoyed and felt ripped off even though £9.19 isn't that much to spend on a foundation, but the most I would normally spend is about seven pounds. I was lucky that I remembered to bring a powder for touch-ups. I was so disappointed because I couldn't afford to buy another foundation, so I had to wear this one for ages...
Overall, if you have perfect skin, go ahead and buy it. But if your skin is anything other than that, don't even let the thought of buying it cross your mind (I know it probably has anyway, that's why you're here lol).

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

My oily / acne - prone skin loves this foundation! I use Honey Beige Medium 100 on my medium tan skin. It blends smoothly perfectly (I use my fingers). Buildable coverage without looking cakey. Also works well as a concealer for my under eye dark circles. My acne isn't irritated by this *knock on wood*. My only con: the packaging. I wish it came with a pump! I have spilled a few times trying to get it out, not knowing if the foundation was coming out of the bottle or not. Overall, it's so awesome and worth the price.

I'm very fond of this product. It does stay put as advertised. It's easy to blend as well. I like that it dries quickly. My only complaint is that I wish they came out with it in a lighter shade. Even the lightest they have is a little too orange for me. Why do these companies never consider that some of us are very pale?

on 1/15/2013 12:15:00 AM

This foundation is OK. It does smooth on very easily but I'd hardly say 24 hour. I have normal skin so Im not really sure why it doesn't last very long. It is very hard to match your skin colour with this foundation. My skin varies from being extremely tanned to very very pale and I think when im tanned this foundation works quiet well expecially if I build it up a fair bit when I go out at night and set it with powder but for during the day and when I am pale it looks terrible. It does the job is all I can conclude with.

Awful colors. The most pale shade was dark pink. Who has skin that color? Oxidized to a worse color during the day. Did cover well but since my face was 10 shades darker than my neck I looked ridiculous. I'm very porcelain white.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is not a bad foundation...but the fact that to me (with oily skin), it is not a super staying power. Revlon Color stay and Estee Lauder Double Wear are both trully "staying" (even when sweating or even swimming ocassionally). However, this one does NOT come off too fast either, just that I didn't find this one to be long wearing, but it blends very nice and has a nice light coverage that does seem blendable.