LUSH Grease Lightning Spot Cleanser

3.6

Thyme (Thymus vulgaris), Rosemary and Tea Tree Infusion (Rosmarinus officinalis, Melaleuca alternifolia), Organic Aloe Vera Extract (Aloe barbadensis), Sea Water, Grape Juice (Vitis vinifera), Lavender Oil (Lavandula augustifolia), Witch Hazel Extract (Hamamelis virginiana), *Limonene, Perfume, Methylparaben. *Occurs naturally in essential oils

on 11/11/2012 2:27:00 PM

Today I will be reviewing lush grease lightning tea tree cleanser(acne treatment).First off I want to say that this product is all natural some of the main ingredients are tea tree,aloe,rosemary,lavender and leaf extract.Those are all natural! It is a gel but does not dry out your skin! It's so easy to use all you have to do is using of course your clean fingers to dab a small amount on your troubled skin and by the next day it should be gone!!!

It's a bit expensive though $ 12.99
I would recomend this product!! :)

on 11/4/2012 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This smells great - natural and healing, I found the pump difficult to use, dispensing way to much product for a spots only treatment. I'm not sure this product actually helped reduce any of my breakouts, think I'l stick to the proven BP.

on 11/4/2012 1:59:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

My first spot treatment gel, and so glad I gave it a go! I have always suffered from spots on my jawline and forehead (even though good facial cleaning regime, exercise ect) and when I saw this I thought it would not help me. Was eventually persuaded to buy within LUSH and used it at night time before heading off to bed and the next morning. Over the course of a few weeks, my spots were significantly smaller and most had dried out. My face was also a lot smoother and spots were greatly reduced. I do feel this product is not so fab on more tougher spots, but that shouldn't stop you from trying this product out. Highly recommended!

on 10/24/2012 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Gentle, effective pimple treatment. Brings down pimple size significantly overnight but doesn't dry out the skin. Definitely a fan, and would repurchase.

on 10/18/2012 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I use this morning and night and concentrate it most on my chin, around my nose, my WHOLE forehead and my temples, which are the places I break out most often. I tend to apply quite a bit of this but I keep it in a thin layer and it doesn't try my skin out too much. This can be a bit drying if applied to heavily.

I would say try this little guy out if you have moderate acne, if you have super severe acne this may not work for you but it doesn't hurt to try! LUSH is super generous with their samples!

If you do end up buying this and it doesn't work for you don't be afraid to return it! They are super good about returns, both with and without receipts. If you do have a receipt they will happily return it for a full refund and if you don't you can definitely exchange it for anything(s) in the store that are of equal value.

UPDATE: I brought my rating of this down to a 2. It seemed like after using it for a while it started to loose it's effectiveness. Or maybe my skin built up a tolerance too it, which my skin often does.

on 10/17/2012 8:55:00 PM

I have sensitive, acne-prone combination skin. I started using Grease Lightning nearly a year ago.

PROS
--- does not sting, burn, inflame, etc.
--- easy to apply as a spot treatment
--- does not show through Bare Minerals foundation (I've yet to try it under others)
--- noticeably diminishes a pimple overnight, but it does take 2-3 days for a large pimple to go away
--- cheap considering one bottle, used for spot treatment, will last up to a year and only costs $13.95 (mine was $12.95 last year though! Inflation!!)

CONS
--- can be very drying if you use too much; a *tiny* dab goes a looooong way
--- it's hard to use up the whole bottle before the 1 year expiration comes up!! haha
--- the bottle mislabels it as a cleanser, but it is not and should not be used as a cleanser

NOTE: If you want to try this, get a sample of it first. Lush is usually very generous with samples, although they may be more modest with this product. If you ever do buy something from Lush and it doesn't work for your skin, don't be afraid to return it. It doesn't need to be a waste of money! They're very kind and understanding about returns and exchanges.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I liked to use this product all over my face in the mornings as it is a really great mattifyer. It was average at preventing and taking away break outs but otherwise, very good at reducing oil on the face overall.

on 9/25/2012 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Okay this product is amazing for those red inflamed stubborn pimples!!! I dab this on , just a TINY bit (because too much will dry out the area). And the next day the pimple isnt gone but its less red and not inflamed anymore! So i suggest you try it out , i love it :)

on 7/15/2012 1:18:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I love this product! When I dab it directly on a pimple before I go to bed I can see how it is dried out and smaller when I wake up. I had a big pimple on my forehead and by using this it was gone in three days. Also I use it on my nose for my blackheads.. and I see that they are so much better, like not clogged. It dries fast and kinda dries to a film on your face.. so I have to use this before I go to bed or else it would just look stupid.. but it does its work like any other lush product :)

on 7/15/2012 7:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i like this product. i have been getting more break outs than usual and this seems to keep acne at bay. its great as a spot treatment. even for the pimples underneath the skin that arent fully formed yet. it dries them out. the only bad thing is that your face will have a layer of this product on it, all dried up. but it helps, it really does. its a bit flaky but its nothing a moisturizer cant help. its gentle and natural so you know its not too harsh. ive had it for about a month now, and like it.

Popular Treatments (Face)